Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientology-Orientation-Video-watch-it-while-

redhen

For your entertainment, here's a half hour Scientology orientation vid I found

http://www.videosift.com/video/Scientology...t-while-you-can

Prepare the lawyers!

Resistance to "The Org" is futile, you will be assimilated.

I still find it unexplainable how otherwise sane and successful people can believe that there are hundreds of aliens inside their body that is the cause of all their existential problems and must pay big money to get the removed (audited).

What the hell, they don't realize that Scientology was created by a sci-fi writer on a drunken bet that he could create a world-wide religion?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Link of Hyrule

• redhen

• Cadetak

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think... all this started on some idle wensday when Issac Asimov and Hubbard made a little wadger...

I think Scientology kicks ****! I love hearing how crazy otherwise smart and succesful people are for believing in Scientology, then hearing how God as his Son/himself came to Earth and died for our sins cause that is perfectly reasonable lol. Scientology is a perfect example of how religions like Christianity started, except they werent called sci-fi authors back then but prophets and scribes lol. If Scientology can accumulate so many followers in such little time using a good PR campaign imagine how many members they could have by now if they were allowed to persecute other groups? If Scientology had the backing of an empire, say the US today, and was allowed to crush its competition we could all be discussing in a couple thousand years the origins of this next religious majority but by then it will be called "the truth" and we will all be living by its morals and ethics lol.

So the next time someone tells you about sins think body thetans, when they tell you accepting Jesus will save you from these sins say no thanks I've got an auditing appointment next week. When they tell you how absurd that sounds, point and laugh at them lol.

I advise everyone to get interested in Scientology, its a modern day religious experiment unfolding before our eyes, there is so much you can learn from it. I repeat Scientology kicks ****!

PS I only wish Hubbard had given us some end times prophecies so we could know what will happen, I believe we are in the Scientology end times right now....

Edited by Eleleth 4/4

I can't get it to play. No new window. No prompt of any kind. Zip.

Is there another way to get this?

Just when you thought America couldn't get any more stupid...

LOL :lol:

I'll watch it in a while, I can't right now :yes:

LOL, I never seen a religion that needs a bunch of court ruling to prove to potential coverts that, Yes, Scientology is a bona fide religion.

Man, we are doomed if this crap works on anybody.

It's suppossed that it works on Tom Cruise and John Travolta, but perhaps because of the same reason your statement is valid capeo :P

I don't agree with Scientology. I don't believe Scientologists have the "truth". Yes, I could even go as far as to question how anyone can even consider it as truth. But the fact is, people do believe it. And for that, I will respect their choice to do so. Just because a belief does not make sense to us does not mean tht it does not make sense to another person. It might be of help to be reminded here that just because we think something is wrong, does not give us the right to rubbish the belief. Labeling people as "stupid" (as has been done in this thread) for believing in something, or labeling said belief as "crap" (which also has been said) does not serve to improve understanding of the belief. You can disagree and still be respectful, they are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Please be respectful, even if you don't agree with a belief.

Edited by Paranoid Android

For some reason that video made want to read the Book of the Subgenius again, it just had that really cheesy "you really aren't supposed to be taking this seriously" quality to it.

If there is an afterlife, I think Hubbard is laughing his ass off.

For some reason that video made want to read the Book of the Subgenius again, it just had that really cheesy "you really aren't supposed to be taking this seriously" quality to it.

If there is an afterlife, I think Hubbard is laughing his ass off.

Maybe after the Christains preach the End-time prophesy, others will look for an alterative belief to die over. It's go to Hell [or not] or wait for their mother ship from "Spookaluoo" to take them away from this doomed Earth. I wonder how they handle all the parisites on their new found planet and learn to eat real alien food? [some gross pus bug-animal burgers or weird celery-like mushroom vegetables]

Wow, there's only 10 minutes of actual "this-is-what-scientology-is-about", the other 25 minutes are propaganda and advertising to sell 9 books - a book of work stress (wtf?). But like all religious orientations it's full of full-on propaganda.

the ending was quite funny - "if you walk out this room and never mention scientology again, that's okay. But stupid... ...but if you do, we will be happy. And so will you. ...and if you walk out this room and stand on a bridge and blow your brains out..." I lost concentration there because I was laughing to much. (the bold is the emphasis they put in it).

I don't agree with Scientology. I don't believe Scientologists have the "truth". Yes, I could even go as far as to question how anyone can even consider it as truth. But the fact is, people do believe it. And for that, I will respect their choice to do so. Just because a belief does not make sense to us does not mean tht it does not make sense to another person. It might be of help to be reminded here that just because we think something is wrong, does not give us the right to rubbish the belief. Labeling people as "stupid" (as has been done in this thread) for believing in something, or labeling said belief as "crap" (which also has been said) does not serve to improve understanding of the belief. You can disagree and still be respectful, they are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Please be respectful, even if you don't agree with a belief.

I didn't call believers in Scientology names, I just questioned how they can believe in this "religion". There are some smart Scientologists and by no means stupid. John Travolta is a licensed pilot, this takes a modicum of intelligence. Oh yeah, he's an actor too, I'll just let that one go.

Anyways, not all governments have acknowledged Scientology as a bone fide religion, those that have rejected their claims include; Canada, the U.K., Germany, Belgium, France, and Russia. Some of these governments have gone so far in their rulings as to declare Scientology as a dangerous cult.

To those that have watched the posted video, doesn't it strike you odd that the first ten minutes is a list of quotes from those governments that have recognized Scientology as a religion, and the last ten minutes quotes from the IRS investigation into their financial records and that gives them "flying colors" ?

Methinks The Org doth protest too much. Where's there's smoke, there's fire.

p.s. I don't know of any other relgiion whose church teachings are trade secrets and will actively sue people who violate their copyright.

^My statement wasn't referring to your post, redhen, but to some of the replies to this topic.

*shrugs* It's true.. Scientology is a "religion" based off a damned bet and the writings of a science fiction writer.

pch... if people want to give their money away and consider all the tripe that is Scientology.. then whatevah!

...it all started on a wager huh? I wonder if the man known as Jesus was betting man...

I think Scientology looses its credibility when it has Tom Cruise as their front man. I bet something like this happened:

Bob: Hey Mike want to be a Scientologist with me?

Mike: Ok it sounds cool!

Bob: Of course its cool! Tom Cruise is a scientologist too!

Mike: ...wait Tom Cruise? Never mind, I'm going to temple.

i could not watch more then 8 min. It seariously made me want to vomit. screw respecting people beliefs on this one if you believe this crap you are a world class nut ball that should donate their brain to science so we can figure out why you would beleive in such crap and engineer ourselfs to never be that dumb again.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
to remove tasteless remarks

Empyrean - though you are not the only one on this thread to have voiced such statements, on this board you WILL respect these beliefs. Scientologists are not harming you personally, and though you have a perfect right to disagree with them, you DO NOT have the right to disrespect them because of that belief. Consider this a warning (and this goes for everyone who wishes to comment against Scientology), to be respectful of belief systems that you disagree with. As I said in my last post, you can disagree without being disrespectful, believe it or not.

For those who don't want to waste their time watching the video or paying thousand of dollars to learn $cientology, I'll sum up what $cientology actually is. It's an alien cult centering around a galactic leader named Xenu.

:devil:

Empyrean - though you are not the only one on this thread to have voiced such statements, on this board you WILL respect these beliefs. Scientologists are not harming you personally, and though you have a perfect right to disagree with them, you DO NOT have the right to disrespect them because of that belief. Consider this a warning (and this goes for everyone who wishes to comment against Scientology), to be respectful of belief systems that you disagree with. As I said in my last post, you can disagree without being disrespectful, believe it or not.

Wait till a close friend of yours becomes a scientologist and can't talk to you or be near you anymore because you're a "supressive person" since you don't wish to join their cult. Then tell me how Scientology isn't hurting you. ;)

My poor body.. so wracked with engrams...

i could not watch more then 8 min. It seariously made me want to vomit. screw respecting people beliefs on this one if you believe this crap you are a world class nut ball that should donate their brain to science so we can figure out why you would beleive in such crap and engineer ourselfs to never be that dumb again.

I once said the same exact thing about Christianity.