Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pupils spooked by alien-themed promotion

Still Waters

A radio promotion spoofing aliens hacking into an Alabama radio station spooked students into believing schools would be attacked.

It was all a mysterious misunderstanding, a Shoals area radio official said, that has no logical explanation. Still, law enforcement in the area beefed up security at schools to calm fears from parents.

http://blog.al.com/b...on_for_sho.html

• Like 1

So..these were high school students then? They are WAY too old to be this bloody stupid and gullible.

Oh..and the parents bought into this stupidity as well. Just how stupid can a populace get? Stupid parents, stupid kids....

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

After War of the Worlds you think people would of wised up.

Really makes your realize how little people think for themselves and how gullible they are.

• Like 5

Hilander

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Really makes your realize how little people think for themselves and how gullible they are.

Can you say BAAAAAAAA!

Sigh.... Alabama it figures. Just shows how poor education is in the US.

Kids nowadays have no idea what the radio show War of the Worlds was about. If they hear something on the radio, they believe it.

• Like 4

I have to wonder, after all these years, how many people have ever even heard of that infamous broadcast.

Just goes to show if it is on TV, radio or the internet it must be true.

• Like 1

This is why the government doesn't tell us anything

Yes, people on these boards frequently say, that there should be full disclosure, people can easily handle it... seems not lol

Kids nowadays have no idea what the radio show War of the Worlds was about. If they hear something on the radio, they believe it.

Pretty much true to some extent.

Your post reminded me of this qoute from the article:

"We are truly taken back by how out of context this has been taken. We could not have foreseen this happening."

That is total BS. How could they NOT foresee this happening to some small degree or another.

• Like 2

Aliens wouldn't let a radio station know they were coming. We- I mean, /they/ are smarter than that. Seriously though, how would on station know this and it not be on the news! I'd believe the news before a radio station.

I have to wonder, after all these years, how many people have ever even heard of that infamous broadcast.

Just goes to show if it is on TV, radio or the internet it must be true.

Unfortunate, but true. The gullibility of many people, no matter what their age is, shows no end.

Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 2

With everything going on in the world at this time, I'm not at all surprised by this. Many all over the world are unsure what's gonna happen next...

Does the economies of many nations fall first, or does an all out war escalate to the point of involving the mighty powers of Russia, China and the US?

Then their are those wrapped up within revelations of end times, just waiting, and looking up towards the heavens for prophetic celestial signs to take place.

This could also have been an experiment conducted by the CIA (comics in action), perhaps getting ready for that fake alien invasion as told by W. Von Braun's assistant. Nation against nation, brother against brother....who is left for us to believe anymore?

Edited by NiteMarcher

Weird. The original article doesn't mention anything about Aliens... I'm going to have to track down the original broadcast now.

I also noticed the full article not mentioning a thing about aliens. I found this youtube video with a better description of events in its info---> [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0iiXHTdSZM[/media]

If this was the original broadcast from Alabama, I find it odd that people reacted the way they did.

I find it somewhat comical. It's a far cry from the War Of The Worlds broadcast back in the 1930's.

Some people are just gullible. I can understand if this was on all the tv stations across the country,but it wasn't.

My dad recalled back when the Orson Wells broadcast War the Worlds.They were listening to it for a little while, till grandpa said turn that crap and put something else on.

my dad said he never understood what all the fush was about,it was just a radio show.

• Like 1

Some people are just gullible. I can understand if this was on all the tv stations across the country,but it wasn't.

My dad recalled back when the Orson Wells broadcast War the Worlds.They were listening to it for a little while, till grandpa said turn that crap and put something else on.

my dad said he never understood what all the fush was about,it was just a radio show.

My grandpa was also listening the the broadcast back in the day in a General Store in a small town but he didn't think much of it.

But my grandmother came in the store later and was terrified what she heard. Grandpa laugh at her and explain was it was.

What an embarrassing display of stupidity.

I don't see why the radio station had to apologize, they didn't really do anything wrong. There are so many ways those people could have check the validity of what they heard. Check the other stations, how could only ONE radio station be reporting such epic news. Check the tv, the internet, go outside and look up!

For crying out loud, THINK, QUESTION, USE YOUR BRAIN.

• Like 1