Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Egyptian myths

GoldenWolf

I noticed something when I was a kid, it is about the sphinx, people have always assumed it is the body of a lion, I don't believe that is correct.

Let's look at these images:

It has the face of a man:

Great_Sphinx_of_Giza_2.jpg

Now notice this image, it is the body of a man with a face of a dog (Think of an Egyptian Pharaoh) :

220px-Anubis_standing.svg.png

Now if you combine both images (The sphinx with the head of a man, and the man with the head of a dog:

20120214-800px-Anubis_jackal.svg.png

It looks like the Sphinx, so essentially the Sphinx is a dog, not a lion.

Also, notice in the second image, he holds an ankh.

Also known as key of life, the key of the Nile or crux ansata (Latin meaning "cross with a handle"), was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that read "life", a triliteral sign for the consonants -n-.

It represents the concept of eternal life, which is the general meaning of the symbol.[citation needed] The Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest.

Edited by Mystic Crusader
  • Like 3

Could be but when you look at the sphinx's tail, it is curled around its haunches much like a cat/lion.

But you raise a good point, it is hard to tell with the amount of erosion.

• Like 3

I noticed something when I was a kid, it is about the sphinx, people have always assumed it is the body of a lion, I don't believe that is correct.

Let's look at these images:

It has the face of a man:

Great_Sphinx_of_Giza_2.jpg

Now notice this image, it is the body of a man with a face of a dog (Think of an Egyptian Pharaoh) :

220px-Anubis_standing.svg.png

Now if you combine both images (The sphinx with the head of a man, and the man with the head of a dog:

Also, notice in the second image, he holds an ankh.

Also known as key of life, the key of the Nile or crux ansata (Latin meaning "cross with a handle"), was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that read "life", a triliteral sign for the consonants -n-.

It represents the concept of eternal life, which is the general meaning of the symbol.[citation needed] The Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest.

sphinx_head3-2001.jpg

Yul%20Brynner-Ramses.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1312905693018

Hmmmmmmm........

• Like 4

The above is a pic of a Jackal, NOT a dog.

But U may be right, the body of the Sphinx may be that of a Jackal.

The above is a pic of a Jackal, NOT a dog.

But U may be right, the body of the Sphinx may be that of a Jackal.

It's still from the same genus.

• Like 1

The monument is related to this constellation:

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Constellations/CanesVenatici.html

Cvap.jpg

Wow! You are freaking amazing.

How did you find this connection when the constellation was invented in the 17th century?

Wow! You are freaking amazing.

How did you find this connection when the constellation was invented in the 17th century?

Ancient Egyptians were heavy into astrology/astronomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_astronomy

The three pyramids were aligned directly with the pole stars.

Much of it remains the same today.

Ancient Egyptians were heavy into astrology/astronomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_astronomy

The three pyramids were aligned directly with the pole stars.

Much of it remains the same today.

The Hunting Dogs do not have Polaris/Pole Star in it, but the most important thing is that the Dogs are a modern naming.

Robert Temple mentions in one of his books that the Sphinx is like a dog than a lion. He goes into a lot of detail.

• Like 1

The monument is related to this constellation:

http://www.constella...esVenatici.html

Cvap.jpg

I look at this picture and I think of an awful truth, notice how Chara has a heart with crown over it, I believe that symbolizes a queen, but there is leash to going to Bootes (the person with the spear), and Bootes is holding a leash to Asterion (like holding him back), but there is no crown over Asterion or Bootes (the adversary) heart, I think it symbolizes mankind without a true king (Which would be Asterion). I think it symbolizes the battle between good and evil.

I look at this picture and I think of an awful truth, notice how Chara has a heart with crown over it, I believe that symbolizes a queen, but there is leash to going to Bootes (the person with the spear), and Bootes is holding a leash to Asterion (like holding him back), but there is no crown over Asterion or Bootes (the adversary) heart, I think it symbolizes mankind without a true king (Which would be Asterion). I think it symbolizes the battle between good and evil.

Sigh...

Chara means joy in Greek.

Cor Caroli, Heart, and Crown is named in honor of a murdered King.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cor_Caroli

Johannes the guy that named the Constallation, did so in the 17th century.

You are no better than "Hush Whisperer" with your connections.

Sigh...

Chara means joy in Greek.

Cor Caroli, Heart, and Crown is named in honor of a murdered King.

http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/Cor_Caroli

Johannes the guy that named the Constallation, did so in the 17th century.

You are no better than "Hush Whisperer" with your connections.

Try imagining Asterion crowning her as a queen (Which I know you won't, you just want to war, not discuss).

(Which I know you won't, you just want to war, not discuss).

It's a battle between reason, and illness.

• 3 months later...

Imagine Ramses as a wolf.

Acteon:

398px-Diana_and_Actaeon_Statutes_%281925%29_by_Paul_Manship_03.JPG

Jeremiah 20:11

But the LORD is with me as a dread warrior (the dread lord of darkness); therefore my persecutors (the wolves) will stumble; they will not overcome me. They will be greatly shamed, for they will not succeed. Their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten.

Revelation 14:14

Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand:

Cvap.jpg

---------------------

Who truly is the dishonored one?

Ezekiel 29:2

New International Version

"Son of man, set your face against Pharaoh king of Egypt and prophesy against him and against all Egypt.

I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.

Ezekiel 29:2

"Son of man, set your face against Pharaoh king of Egypt and prophesy against him and against all Egypt.

I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.

Leviticus 9:22-24 (KJV)

22 And Aaron lifted up his hand toward the people, and blessed them, and came down from offering of the sin offering, and the burnt offering, and peace offerings. 23 And Moses and Aaron went into the tabernacle of the congregation, and came out , and blessed the people: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the people. 24 And there came a fire out from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: which when all the people saw , they shouted , and fell on their faces.

Leviticus 10:1-3 (KJV)

1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. 2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. 3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake , saying , I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified . And Aaron held his peace .

• 1 month later...

Imagine Ramses as a wolf.

Acteon:

But the LORD is with me as a dread warrior (the dread lord of darkness); therefore my persecutors (the wolves) will stumble; they will not overcome me. They will be greatly shamed, for they will not succeed. Their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten.

Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand:

Cvap.jpg

---------------------

Matthew 16:23

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

---------------

Now if jesus, is the one with the sickle, wouldn't that make jesus a liar? Jesus says the lake of fire is for the dogs......

As noted from a poster, it is hard to tell by the erosion. It's looks to me though, it's a four legged animal body nevertheless. I have always thought there was a thought process of honoring animals or worship them in those times and place. Something is there.

http://www.guardians.net/egypt/sphinx/

I wonder how we can know for sure if it is a lion or a dog. What was it that was important to them at that time, to carve this and why this monument was important to them in it's form. What would make sense? That it is on a dog or a lion? What would each of them be a purpose to the people of that time?

Do we know what the constellations were as perceived by the Ancient Egyptians?... As the Sphinx is setting in relation to the Pyramids, could there have been an animal type (cat or dog) in relation to Orion's Belt? (assuming the three main pyramids DO

reflect Orions belt)...

EDIT TO ADD: Never mind... I looked it up myself... No prominent star or other celestial object lies the same place in relation to Orions Belt as the Sphinx does to the main pyramids...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine Ramses as a dog/wolf.

Acteon:

But the LORD is with me as a dread warrior (the dread lord of darkness); therefore my persecutors (the dogs, wolves) will stumble; they will not overcome me. They will be greatly shamed, for they will not succeed. Their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten.

Cvap.jpg

---------------------

From the ten commandments script, think about this:

Bend your backs,

you dogs. Pull!

-------------

Don't forget, the so called deliverer was a taskmaster himself.

Also, in the movie the ten commandments, when ramses is praying for his son to come back to life, he is praying to a statue of a "jackal-man". Logical guess is that it is Anubis.