Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Passion of the Christ

Burgundy Johnson

Has anyone seen that Passion of the Christ movie? I saw it Wednesday and, to tell you the truth, it kinda freaked me. I am a beleiver in God, if a little skeptically, but this movie has really made me question my skepticism. What gets me is, some argue that Jesus was crazy, or a liar, but any man who is willing to put himself through what he went to for any other person, is a good man in my book. I think I would follow him, God or not, just for that. Any comments? It was REALLY graphic, and pretty disturbing. I think I might have nightmares tonight. And I'm dead serious. crying.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stillcrazy

• Diebytheflyguy

• Scorpius

• Talon

What I find amazing, is watching all these

people being interviewed after the movie

and hearing them talk about how upsetting

it was, how graphic it was and how it

"really got to them"

Yet many of these same people say they

believe it is a good thing for their

children or all children to see this

movie.

I am not sure that is a good Idea.

But what the hell do I know, I am just

a dad!

And all I know is my kids have nightmares

after watching too much spongebob squarepants! blink.gif

They actually had a woman die watching

this movie today in Kansas!

She died durring the most graphic part

of the movie.

See my post in Back Page News Forum

for more!

Gazz grin2.gif

Edited by Gazz

blink.gif Buddy_Hongster so what country are you from that it was banned? I haven't seen it but it does look like a good movie.

Just got back from seeing it. Thought it was very good and I feel that Mel Gibson did a good Job on the reality of the crucifixion. I know many will say that there was a little too violent, but if you look at the Romans and what barbarians they really were. This is more accurate than a lot of others would like to believe. Remember the Romans made a sport out of death. As for being anti semantic, I did not see that to the degree that some jewish scholars are claiming. But it is thier right to feel that way. I do not recomend that young children see this movie. It is very bloody. I noticed many adults turning away during sertain scenes. If your a christian I would recommend that you see it.

peace

I agree with the post above. In reality, the crucifixion was probably alot worse than it is depicted in the movie.

People need to either get over it..or not see it. Its a simple as that.

In my country, nobody wants to buy the movie ! So I can't see it ! What a shame ! I waited so long for nothing ! crying.gif

Forgot to mention. There is a relief built into the film from the violence. There are what you'd call flashback scenes throughout the movie that takes the viewer away from the crualty.

The film is done in Latin, with english sub-titles. Very interesting over all.

The film is done in Latin, with english sub-titles. Very interesting over all.

I am going to have to break out the old "Berlitz Latin" course...

I look forward to seeing it, it sounds very intersting. By what I read on CNN, it sounds like the movie is pulling in 60 million dollars in just the first few days. Not too bad considering that Mel Gibson thought it was going the be an arthouse type movie.

i think this movie was purposely made to cause a stir, in hopes that more people would follow the christian religion.. kind of a marketing ploy (not that there is anything wrong with that). the movie was written by Greg Laurie (pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside)

now with that said, i have not seen the movie. so i cannot comment too greatly. but am worried that people may start taking this movie as a true actual event (we all know movies based on true stories often add things here and there)

we all know movies based on true stories often add things here and there)
There was this guy in the movie, that I assume was suppose to represent the devil, hanging around throughout the movie. Then he appears with one ugly baby hang on him. I have no Fn idea what that was all about.

Alot of coincidences happened there

---------------------------

1.the person who played the role of Jesus Christ had the initials JC!

2.He got struck by lightning while on the cross but he didn't felt anything

3.The person who had the role of Jesus Christ went up to the director to tell him that two people were whipping him but the director said that nobody whipped him

4. This is a really strange coincidence...there was an old lady that went up to him and said that he will be playing the role of Jesus(20 years before the movie even existed!)

5.People bow down to him for no reason

All in all it was a good movie. But what scared me was the TV cameras outside the theater.

Why did it scare you?

"Hi Mom!" or "I'm on T.V.!" wink2.gifthumbsup.gif

1.the person who played the role of Jesus Christ had the initials JC!

2.He got struck by lightning while on the cross but he didn't felt anything

3.The person who had the role of Jesus Christ went up to the director to tell him that two people were whipping him but the director said that nobody whipped him

4. This is a really strange coincidence...there was an old lady that went up to him and said that he will be playing the role of Jesus(20 years before the movie even existed!)

5.People bow down to him for no reason

All just that though coincidences... or stories to get plublicity thumbsup.gif I doubt this guy is any second coming of Jesus Christ

Why did it scare you?

"Hi Mom!" or "I'm on T.V.!"

My mom's been dead for years. crying.gif

they were literally shoving cameras in peoples faces asking what they thought about the film w00t.gif

I haven't seen this movie....but is it true that Mel Gibson's father have something to do with it, or suggested in its making? huh.gif

Because today on Howard Stern, he played an interview of the elder Gibson and this man is one big anti-semite! disgust.gif

Because today on Howard Stern, he played an interview of the elder Gibson and this man is one big anti-semite!

Please, Please lets not go there. One thread was already shut down cause of the 'S' word. crying.gif

Don't you mean the 'A' word?

I meant the S word. Stupidity Secularism Scoff Scorn Scurrility Sectarian

Edited by stillcrazy

Stillcrazy and Erikl are right. Please let's not let this thread go the way of the other and denegrate into religious/historical/political emnity.

I understand it's hard to separate certain issues from the movie, but lets try not to detach them from context - which is Mel Gibson's film itself.

It was really graphic...but I think if you're a beleiver in God you should see it. I know a lot of the god worshipping people I talk to said that before they saw it, they were kinda like..."oh jesus was put on a cross. thanks. no big deal." but this movie changed their perspective cause you get to see what really happened (supposedly) and it kinda gives you a new light on things...ya know? and i dont think it was anti semidcastskasc. cant spell that word lol. and those coincidences, come on people. open up your eyes! laugh.gif

go see it.

The director could have made the fake thing (what happend to the peep who played the role in the movie) to get more people to watch it.