Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Time Circular

eric77

I know a lot of Eastern religions believe in a circular universe, full of life, death and rebirth.

If the Universe is expanding, and eventually contracts, and if the Universe was to start again EXACTLY as it did this time, than it would be safe to assume that everything that is happening now would happen then. If the conditions are exactly the same, the results should be the same.

So...

Do you think it's possible that the Universe is constantly repeating itself?

If so, is this the same you that existed before? Or a carbon copy? In other words, if you are aware now, will it be the same you aware then?

Would free will exist? In theory it would, but if the fate is determined, it cant.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doomgirl

• The Raven

• eric77

• Nikolaos

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that anything is possible, maybe it is repeating, maybe not, who know's

I know a lot of Eastern religions believe in a circular universe, full of life, death and rebirth.

If the Universe is expanding, and eventually contracts, and if the Universe was to start again EXACTLY as it did this time, than it would be safe to assume that everything that is happening now would happen then. If the conditions are exactly the same, the results should be the same.

So...

If so, is this the same you that existed before? Or a carbon copy? In other words, if you are aware now, will it be the same you aware then?

Would free will exist? In theory it would, but if the fate is determined, it cant.

I beleive so, but paralell universes give us variety. I hope that makes sense, otherwise we would be in purgatory.

Yay. I finally get to bust out the Egg Universe theory.

If anyone has read "The Gunslinger" by Mr. King, then they will remember when Roland met up with the man in Black, they had an extremely long palaver. The Man in Black told Roland of the Tower of existance, and the levels of the tower that things exist on. He went on to say something along the lines of "What were to happen if one reached the end of the universe? Would one see an egg shell like a baby chick would see when it is born? And where would you be if you cracked through that shell? Would you see a field of roses, and at the end of that field, a tower?" I live and preach by this theory of "The Finite Mind Cannot Grasp the Infinate."

Now, if I understand your question correctly Eric, then you're asking us if when the Universe contracts, and if the conditions are right, it will throw everything into an exact copy/clone/replica of what happened in the past? Some may say that is absurdity, but I say something else. If the Universe is repeating itself, then what is the point of living? If we're just going to live it again the same way, then what's the point? Yes, I do believe something along the lines of the circular Universe theory, but not the circular Universe theory itself. I'm ranting, though, so I'll just leave you with this thought:

What if every grain of sand on the Earth held a universe. Not just a world, but a whole universe. What if every flower contained millions of Universes, and every time you stepped on a flower, you'd be killing off trillions of lives? Moral: Flowers don't just smell nice.

if you've read anything by steven hawkings on this topic you will understand that if the universe starts retracting into itself the reversal of the direction of time is unnecessary.

I don't think that things would be the same the second time around, IF this circular theory was true.

We do things sometimes where we ourselves don't even know why we did them, this happens all the time. I one time instead of driving right home from work drove to a friends house, before I realized that I infact didn't turn when I should of I decided to keep on trucking to my friends. Once there I witnessed an individual entering the house via the window, long story short I called the police and the would-be robber was caught in the act.**

Who's to say that the second time around I would not have just went home, indeed what if the robber robbed another house the second time around or didn't rob at all? We have been advancing continually, which leads one to believe that if there is a 'second' time around that something would in fact be gained from the first cycle.

user posted image

** I swear on my life that the story about the robber is 100% true and is an actual experience of mine. If any person Uri Geller included finds an internet story that is similar, it is quite coincidental.

Edited by Chauncy