Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senses in dreams

hax

It's been a whilse since i've been here, but i'm revisiting due to a case of several dreams where my senses keep getting more and more realistic? Not sure how to explain it, but i had the same problem a year and a half ago when i fist visited this forum, because suddenly i started feeling strong emotions in dreams, as well as my sense of smell now worked in dreams. A year ago my dreams also started getting more complex and i was introduced to the fact that i could use my senses and other abilities in those dreams. I started being able to read text, hear music, taste, feel with my entire body, and have strong emotional reactions. Lately, meaning these past few months, my dreams have become too long and contain a lot of elements, they've always been detailed, but now they're detailed to the point that i can barely rewerite things happening in my dreams because it's too much. I do remember, but it's just too much information and i can't express all of it. I don't suppose it's very unusual to sense a lot in dreams, but i'd like to put two examples.

a few weeks ago i had my first real nightmare in a looong time. Usually when i have bad dreams they dont' bother me much, it's more entertaining than frightening, but this one had me waking up in the middle of the night shivering and fearing to go back to sleep. Usually when i wake up from nightmares i'd just turn around into a different position and think of something else and go to sleep, and i'd dream of something different. This time however, i went back to right where i left off. this happened twice, the first time i shook it off and slept, and the second time i felt a pure chill down my back, even though i was prrrettty wrapped up inside the blanket, and turned and though of ranbows and whatnot. All of this because of what? a voice. a horrible and cold, evil voice that spoke to me. I can't remember what it said, but after the first time that i woke up and then went back to sleep, i turned towards the direction it came from and started floating through the crowd, and as i got closer and closer the feeling of dread increased, and then the crowd parted. Before i could register its appearance i woke up for the second time and that was when i was truly terrified.

The other example is the dream i had last night, where i'm trying to escape from this woman who collects people, and is just generally cruel. When me and my group of escapees get to the barbed wire, we realise we have to crawl under it, and before i do that i'm reminded that the woman sewed steel wires into my body in my lower back area. they're sewn in a way that i can take them out though, so i start doing that and i can feel the wire sliding out. Even after waking up i have that sensation in my back that something thread-like has been removed, and in the dream i have scars from the wires and other metallic things she's carved into my skin, but in reality, of couse, i'm unharmed, but the feeling is still there.

I have several other examples where my senses overwhelm me, and i know dreams have a way of subconciously telling me that something is happening in my life, but is that the actual reason that i keep seeing/feeling/sensing more in my dreams?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hax

• msm57

• sarah_444

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I don't really have anything to say that will help you. I just wanted to say that I have very vivid dreams. I can see/hear/taste/smell/feel, etc. It can be very disturbing when something is happening that you don't want to happen. I have felt like I was flying/floating and sometimes I could control where I was going and sometimes not. I have felt like I was trying to run from something and I couldn't. My legs felt like I was trying to run through thick, sticky mud. At other times while I was trying to run it felt like my feet were not touching the ground, kind of like in a swimming pool where you are trying to run/move and you just can't quite get any traction because you can't touch the bottom good enough to get a good push-off. Most of my dreams don't frighten me too much, but there have been times when I felt something so emotionally strong in a dream that I woke up and was actually crying real tears. It can be quite frightening to have such vivid dreams, but, for me anyway, they are just dreams. Like you I often get way too much information way too fast and can't figure it out when I wake up. Like you, I remember having a weird dream, but can't tell it all. I try not to let these dreams bother me. I look at it as "just a dream" and go on. Often when something in my dream is just too weird to be real, I realize that I am dreaming and I wake up.

I hope you will be ok and I hope you will have better dreams. I'm sorry I don't have any good advice on the subject.

thank you for your reply c:

And not to worry, the dreams don't really bother me :) I find most of them exciting, but with that one exception of course. And I get what you mean, i used to have those kind of "stuck" dreams before as well, but ever since i found out that i could do something about them it stopped? Like this one dream where i was hanging from a horizontal pole far from the groun, and my hands just wouldn't let go and i felt panic and distress, but then in the dream i realised "well since this is a dream, can't i just will myself back to the ground?" and that happened = v =

And yeah, dreams are just dreams, but they can be interpreted quite well! But as i said, not to worry, i am alright c: just rather surprised i guess?

I'm not really sure what your question is, you just want to know if there is a reason you are remembering more of your dreams? It sounds like you are just having very vivid and sometimes lucid dreams. Some people experience them all of the time, some people never do. Everyone dreams, some people just remember more than others. Maybe your mind is just developing and strengthening in this area...

I have very vivid and emotional dreams, but I'm a pretty emotional person in general so when I dream, they are really intensified. I also have strog senses in most of them, remembering perfectly how something felt when I touched it, music or a voice I heard etc...

If your looking for more of an interpretaion on them, remember that the best person to understand what they mean will always be you. :)