Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#46    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

• Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 October 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hrmmzz, the Maya peoples never disappeared, neither at the time of the Classic period decline nor with the arrival of the Spanish conquistadores. You can encounter them if you want to travel there, current population of existing Maya is about 7 million.

The Mayan people you would account now, believes in a mixture of Catholicism and ancient Maya. Just because the people didn't disappear dosn't mean the civilization didn't.

:D

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

#47    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 01 October 2011 - 04:17 AM, said:

Yeah... sorta like people who believe the myth that the Europeans in the middle ages thought the Earth was flat.
Some of us were actually taught that myth in school. So, yeah, some of the things they taught us in school were wrong.

But everything? The multiplication tables have been working quite well for me.

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostScepticus, on 06 October 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

The Mayan people you would account now, believes in a mixture of Catholicism and ancient Maya. Just because the people didn't disappear dosn't mean the civilization didn't.

All 7 million? I doubt it. In any case BOA did not specify cultures, he said we may someday encounter the maya again. Why would we ant to encounter such a barbaric culture again anyway? Like the Aztecs, the Maya sacrificed adults and children to Gods. It still goes on today, except people have been replaced with Chickens. Throw hallucinogenic drugs into that mix as well.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#49    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

• Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 October 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

All 7 million? I doubt it. In any case BOA did not specify cultures, he said we may someday encounter the maya again. Why would we ant to encounter such a barbaric culture again anyway? Like the Aztecs, the Maya sacrificed adults and children to Gods. It still goes on today, except people have been replaced with Chickens. Throw hallucinogenic drugs into that mix as well.

Pretty much. There are  few that still  practice  the same beliefs as the ancient mayans. These people still live in the jungles and have little contact to the outer world.

Edited by Scepticus, 06 October 2011 - 11:43 PM.

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

#50    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

Whats all this I hear about Mayan`s  Mayan thought is that they all bailed across the border when they heard that there taxes and heads were on the choppin block ! :innocent:
I would of bailed too !

This is a Work in Progress!

#51    hortie

hortie

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• No one is always right, or always right forever

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

View Postbouncer, on 29 September 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

cant wait to find more on this one!

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government

"Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap.

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

Now please READ the article...mexican disclosure??

http://news.yahoo.co...-183325515.html

Thank goodness this is finally coming out.  I live in the Yucatan.  I know all this.  Its fact here.  Ive been fighting on so many forums here against people who sit in their homes on their computers and make statements of things they have no idea about.  So many negative naysayer have made people feel stupid, like harte, jaylemurph, question mark and more, now you will finally see what I'm talking about.  I started a thread on ancient civilizations just to be destroyed by nerds of the internet.  Pakal is proof enough but here comes the good stuff!!!

View PostDONTEATUS, on 06 October 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

Whats all this I hear about Mayan`s  Mayan thought is that they all bailed across the border when they heard that there taxes and heads were on the choppin block ! :innocent:
I would of bailed too !

The true Mayans were well gone before the spaniards EVER got here.

#52    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

View Posthortie, on 07 October 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

Thank goodness this is finally coming out.  I live in the Yucatan.  I know all this.  Its fact here.  Ive been fighting on so many forums here against people who sit in their homes on their computers and make statements of things they have no idea about.  So many negative naysayer have made people feel stupid, like harte, jaylemurph, question mark and more, now you will finally see what I'm talking about.  I started a thread on ancient civilizations just to be destroyed by nerds of the internet.  Pakal is proof enough but here comes the good stuff!!!

It does not seem to be the common consensus with all Mayans. Maya glyph expert Ian Graham said:  "Well I certainly don't see any need to regard him as a space man. I don't see any oxygen tubes. I see a very characteristically drawn Maya face"

I have not had many conversations at all with harte, jaylemurph or question mark, but I have seen their posting, and I know they tend to back their information soundly.
Pakal as an astronaut has more to do with Daniken than space. You do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know that. And you do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know Daniken was a full of it.
I don't think too much will differ here from the AC threads to be perfectly honest. Ancient Astronauts rear their ugly heads every now and then, no claim stands to scrutiny though.

View Posthortie, on 07 October 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

The true Mayans were well gone before the spaniards EVER got here.

And those that remained had their minds wiped? Or were they fake Mayans that remained?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#53    HawkLord

HawkLord

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• I reserve the right to change my mind when better and more accurate info becomes available.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Well the movie will be either informative or be a good laugh. We will just have to watch it and decide then.  :tu:

The rocks in my head fill the holes in yours.

It is easy to spout the wisdom of others when you have none of your own.

Insult me all you like but remember that i have a sword.

#54    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,831 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 October 2011 - 06:20 AM, said:

It does not seem to be the common consensus with all Mayans. Maya glyph expert Ian Graham said:  "Well I certainly don't see any need to regard him as a space man. I don't see any oxygen tubes. I see a very characteristically drawn Maya face"

I have not had many conversations at all with harte, jaylemurph or question mark, but I have seen their posting, and I know they tend to back their information soundly.
Pakal as an astronaut has more to do with Daniken than space. You do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know that. And you do not need to be a Yucatan resident to know Daniken was a full of it.
I don't think too much will differ here from the AC threads to be perfectly honest. Ancient Astronauts rear their ugly heads every now and then, no claim stands to scrutiny though.

And those that remained had their minds wiped? Or were they fake Mayans that remained?

Its all the  Peyote they were all using ! Its sends a crossed info-link to the cortex ! THats what kept all those heads rolling ! :wacko:

This is a Work in Progress!

#55    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 13 October 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

Its all the  Peyote they were all using ! Its sends a crossed info-link to the cortex ! THats what kept all those heads rolling ! :wacko:

:D It sure looks that way! There is Aliens in Peyote I am sure. In fact, I thought when you place the image of Pakal (the Mayan Astronaut) in the portrait position as opposed to the landscape position that he looks like he is lounging on a throne of some sort smoking something.

Posted Image

#56    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 13 October 2011 - 01:44 AM, said:

:D It sure looks that way! There is Aliens in Peyote I am sure. In fact, I thought when you place the image of Pakal (the Mayan Astronaut) in the portrait position as opposed to the landscape position that he looks like he is lounging on a throne of some sort smoking something.

Posted Image

In landscape looks like hes at a workbench or in a motorcycle riding position. But I think it should be viewed as portrait.... as his hair...hangs DOWN that way.  

Apparently Von Daniken made his leap of a conclusion that this was an astronaut depiction as he saw 'stars' in the picture/glyph. And a breathing device on his nose.  

Well.... I get xmas cards that show a rotund man in a red suit and hood, and long white beard... flying thru the air with reindeer pulling his flying 'ship'.... he has a back pack on too.  And of course he's flying thru the sky with STARS visible!!!!!!!!

so using Von Danikens logic then, Santa ... really is an ancient astronaut, in  a 'space suit with hood' ...strong space-proof boots...and with a breathing device (portrayed as a tash & beard) and a back-pack containing his life support systems!  Sitting in a flying device.

And as hes in a flying device...the 'ancients' used imagery of reindeer pulling his spaceship thru the stars....

Of course the pic does need to have the reindeer.... as the ancients who worshipped this guy.... couldn't imagine how to draw an engine...or understand how it flew.  The reindeer also have antennae on their heads of course

ha!

http://en.wikipedia....on_D.C3.A4niken

Edited by bouncer, 13 October 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#57    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

LMAO!  Von Daniken and the AA bunch....they sure is a funny buncha folks!

I never saw the connection with Pakal even when they tried to make it "obvious" and then...them showing the warrior statues in full head-dress (with nose clips) and calling it a space helmet...well that was too much...and of course the golden sculptures of flying fish that they say are "supposed" to be interpreted as delta wing fighters.... :wacko:

I really wish there was a great "thing" going to be revealed...a literal "apocalypse"...(which means "unveiling" btw) but I do not believe it's going to come and I especially doubt it's going to be ET related if and when it does.

#58    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostDamrod, on 13 October 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

LMAO!  Von Daniken and the AA bunch....they sure is a funny buncha folks!

I never saw the connection with Pakal even when they tried to make it "obvious" and then...them showing the warrior statues in full head-dress (with nose clips) and calling it a space helmet...well that was too much...and of course the golden sculptures of flying fish that they say are "supposed" to be interpreted as delta wing fighters.... :wacko:

I really wish there was a great "thing" going to be revealed...a literal "apocalypse"...(which means "unveiling" btw) but I do not believe it's going to come and I especially doubt it's going to be ET related if and when it does.

hehehe thanks... glad someone found some mirth in my take on VD ...sorry erm, I meant Von Daniken  :yes:

You know - for the time frame when he wrote that book, it was all quite interesting, I remember we had a copy in our house but I was to young to be interested in reading anything other than my comics, which in retrospect may not have been so different.  He did raise some thoughts though, and made a mint out of the worldwide sales which does say something for the books impact. But the 70's were all about psychics and paranormal stuff anyway, and without the web to communicate and discuss and theorise and debunk I guess a lot of folk swallowed it hook line and sinker. At least in one sense... he got out there and introduced the world to some big mysteries, he just unfortunately thought he found all the answers too.

Thats the GREAT thing about our world...it has mysteries still, even with our understanding and current knowledge, theres plenty we haven't a clue about....

#59    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

HA HA HA HA HA look at those silly ancient Mayans!

#60    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

No...bouncer is right...Von Dani came along at the right time with an idea and hit a nerve with an impressionable age group...at the time...and that is...well...crazy haired dude's generation.  I admit...it was fun to think about...when the world seemed huge to us and anything was possible...I actually went to the movies to see "Chariots of the Gods"....yeah...but even then...I was like..."wait a minute"

So...good or bad...I have had an ounce of reservation in me as far back as I can remember...I do believe it is within us to do amazing things and as to date... inexplicable things...but I don't buy into little aliens building our historical monuments and teaching us to stack rocks and make fire....sorry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users