Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A Big Storm Requires Big Government

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

View Postjoc, on 01 November 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

You are obviously talking about Michelle, who is a friend of mine.

Yes, I am...I said that in that post...
So please talk to her because I am sick of her claiming that I am unrightfully sterotyping Republicans when I state the majory stance of the party. YOU just admitted there is a majority belief. I am not some intolerant, sterotyping, ******* when ever I point them out...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#47    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 01 November 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

Yes, I am...I said that in that post...
So please talk to her because I am sick of her claiming that I am unrightfully sterotyping Republicans when I state the majory stance of the party. YOU just admitted there is a majority belief. I am not some intolerant, sterotyping, ******* when ever I point them out...
No, but you do tend to come off that way sometimes.  I don't think it is so much what you say, as much as it is the way you say it. :gun:

And...here is a reality you may not quite be getting...Most of us do not TRUST Obama...I personally loathe the man...but there are many whos support for Obama is such that they defend him at all cost...refusing to see actual blatantly truthful arguments against him...and so, whenever I encounter that mindset...I tend to place the feelings I have toward Obama onto that individual as well.  I think that is just human nature though.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#48    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

View Postjoc, on 01 November 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

No, but you do tend to come off that way sometimes.  I don't think it is so much what you say, as much as it is the way you say it. :gun:

And...here is a reality you may not quite be getting...Most of us do not TRUST Obama...I personally loathe the man...but there are many whos support for Obama is such that they defend him at all cost...refusing to see actual blatantly truthful arguments against him...and so, whenever I encounter that mindset...I tend to place the feelings I have toward Obama onto that individual as well.  I think that is just human nature though.

Well I will give you that I may come off as that way sometimes...I just feel like I do not need to put an astrik and say *I don't mean all Repubs in every post. I do not speak in aboslutes.

Also, you assume I worship Obama. I do not. He has done things I do not agree with and I have stated this over and over again but many of you seem to ignore it. The fact is Obama is not a dictator, so I am not much worried about his personal drive or opinions, though I do not think he is how you discribe, but we can agree to disagree. What I support is the ideals of the Democratic party. I am a Liberal. He is my ONE choice. I cannot vote for Hillary or anyone else. I am voting for the party, not for him.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...

#49    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 01 November 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

Well I will give you that I may come off as that way sometimes...I just feel like I do not need to put an astrik and say *I don't mean all Repubs in every post. I do not speak in aboslutes.

Also, you assume I worship Obama. I do not. He has done things I do not agree with and I have stated this over and over again but many of you seem to ignore it. The fact is Obama is not a dictator, so I am not much worried about his personal drive or opinions, though I do not think he is how you discribe, but we can agree to disagree. What I support is the ideals of the Democratic party. I am a Liberal. He is my ONE choice. I cannot vote for Hillary or anyone else. I am voting for the party, not for him.
I don't support the ideas of the Democrat Party.  I am a conservative.

Conservative vs Liberal

Ah, but there is something so much deeper than that going on...at least I think there is...and that is:

Birth Box   vs   Birth Box

Whatever you were taught from birth....vs...whatever someone else was taught from birth

Why are you a Liberal?

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#50    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

View Postjoc, on 01 November 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

I don't support the ideas of the Democrat Party.  I am a conservative.

Conservative vs Liberal

Ah, but there is something so much deeper than that going on...at least I think there is...and that is:

Birth Box   vs   Birth Box

Whatever you were taught from birth....vs...whatever someone else was taught from birth

Why are you a Liberal?

Luckily for me my parents did not have much of an opinion on religion or politics. Politics was never a topic. I honestly do not know if my parents have ever voted to this day. If I had to put money on it, I would say they have not, though I do think they would vote Democrat. Religion was also mostly a non-issue. They made me go to Sunday School and church on the holidays, I had to get Confirmed, but other than that religion was not talked about. Now, my dad is an ancient astronaut theorist and I would guess an agnostic atheist. He no longer believes (and that is mainly due to his bad luck in the stock market, he blames God.) I think my mom believes, but I am not sure.

I got really into religion when I was in the military and that has continued thoughout my college career. I never liked politics and never watched it on TV. I was exposed to politics in my study of religion and history (I study the evolution-creationism controversy.) My majors are Religious Studies, History, and Education, with a minor in Jewish Studies. My education major forces me to be well rounded. It makes me take a class in everything. I took a class that really got me interested in politics. It was my intro to American Government class. I had a hard time trying to find out where I was. I found out that camps that best discribe me are socially Communitarian and economically Liberal. I based these on my study of history and human geography. My political beliefs came though my understanding of history, what has happened and what works vs what doesn't work. I do believe in capitalism, but not laissez faire (free market) capitalism. I have posted about this a number of times and explained why, based on history. My beliefs have everything to do with my education and my experiences in the military and nothing to do with how I was brought up...but that is just me...

And I should add that I am not opposed to changing my view, at least economically, but as of yet, I have no seen the reason to do so...a buddy of mine and the smartest person I have ever met is a Libertarian. I have been talking with him. If anyone can sway me, it would be him but as of yet, I do not accept his conclusion based on hypotheticals and history.

Edited by HuttonEtAl, 01 November 2012 - 04:26 AM.

My "about me" page...

#51    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,707 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postjoc, on 31 October 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

What we need to do is put all the backward Us vs Them mentalities in a box, lock the box, cover the box in concrete, and sink it at the bottom of the ocean.
Rich vs Poor
Right vs Left
Republican vs Democrat
Black vs White
etc vs etc

It is ridiculous.  A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.

Lyrics :

"Lucky Dube - Different Colours"

Breaking those barriers
All over the world
Was not an easy thing
Yesterday your mouth was shut yeah
Couldn' t make a sound eh boy
But it' s such a good feeling today
When I can hear them from
Across the ocean singing this song
That the whole world should be singing
All the time

Chorus: (x3)
We' re...
Different colours / one people
Different colours / one people

Hey you government
Never try to seperate the people
Hey you politician

They were created in the image of God
And who are you to seperate them
Bible says, he made man in his image
But it didn' t say black or white
Look at me you see BLACK
I look at you I see WHITE
Now is the time to kick that away
And join me in my song

Chorus: (x3)

Hey you politician
Never seperate the people here
Hey you man hey you man

Some were from America
We were from South Africa
Some were from Japan
We were from China
Some were from Australia
We were from the U.K.
Some were from Zimbabwe
We were from Ghana
Some were from Jamaica
We were from Russia
Some were from Aha-ha-ha
We were from Uhu-hu-hu

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#52    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,177 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postjoc, on 01 November 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

The Republican Party IS a big tent.  Ever heard of the Log Cabin Republicans?

please. The LCR has been drubbed out of the party. Chris Christie, keynote speaker, now drubbed out. Big tent by rear.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#53    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hmmm...I guess that is some news...why don't you tell them that!

Log Cabin Republicans

Posted Image

ReverbNation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users