Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman,127, becomes world's 'oldest person'

Still Waters

She was 27 when World War One erupted, 75 when John F. Kennedy was shot and nearly 100 when the Berlin Wall came down.

Now Leandra Becerra Lumbreras is celebrating her latest milestone - becoming the oldest person who has ever lived.

According to relatives and friends, the chocolate-loving Mexican marks her 127th birthday today.

http://www.telegraph...-years-ago.html

• Like 1

What a shame she lost her birth cerificate so long ago. Couldn't she obtain another one? I'm sure they had a copy of her time of birth somewhere at a hospital or in a record book.

Edited by Red Howler

This article is nonsense! It is common knowledge that the people mentioned in the Bible (before the Flood) often lived hundreds of years, even 1000 years of age was common.

• Like 3

This article is nonsense! It is common knowledge that the people mentioned in the Bible (before the Flood) often lived hundreds of years, even 1000 years of age was common.

What?

Seems to me that if there is a birth certificate listing her as the parent of one of her children, who has to be over 100 years old, that would confirm her being at least 15 years older then the child.

Seems to me that if she has so many descendants, that one of them would have a good set of paperwork going back to their grandmother at least, and establish a birth date of some of Lendra's children.

Wait... I says she was never married, but had 5 children? Isn't that hard to believe of 19th century Mexico? I thought the 19th century Spanish Mexicans were big on marriage?

I don't doubt the government wouldn't have records but would the Catholic church have any records?

I used to work for a Jewish doctor and when someone made this same remark he stated that the Hebrew calendar was different, which caused the calculation for years to be wrong. I'd like to hear from anyone out there that can explain this further.

Edited by Hobbit Feet

Right on. I turned skeptic long ago, welcome aboard. :tu:

I posted this on another thread recently. This is the list I will trust. She and/or her family need to come up with proof or it isn't true. If true this would best the all time record by several years. These stories always pop up from time to time and then fade away without proof....

http://supercentenar...org/TableE.aspx

Maybe they could just take a core sample and count the rings?

• Like 2

Adam from the Bible was the oldest person in recorded history since he lived over 900 years!.

Adam from the Bible was the oldest person in recorded history since he lived over 900 years!.

That would be Methuselah @ 969 years. Adam only made it to 930 years.. :P

• Like 1

I think the longest lived character of the Bible was Methusala, at 969 years old.

25 Methuselah lived one hundred and eighty-seven years, and begot Lamech. 26 After he begot Lamech, Methuselah lived seven hundred and eighty-two years, and had sons and daughters. 27 So all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred and sixty-nine years; and he died.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%2011&version=NKJV

Adam only lived to 930 years.

If she is 127 years old thats awesome.but its highly unlikely that she is 127 years old anybody can use a birth certificate from a dead sister

So its flase I bet she is like 95

Wow this is amazing. Saw an item about it on the news, it is mind boggling to believe she was in her 80's at the time of the moon landing! All the best to her!

In regards Adam/Methusulah; presumably this does not count as "recorded history", as there is no actual contemporary account. The story of Adam was already an ancient myth by the time it was written down ?

Close. The oldest human to have ever lived was Methuselah at 969 years. He died and the deluge occurred seven days later. After God caused the protective barrier of moisture to collapse onto to us the mechanism for regulating the earth's temperature keeping the entire earth at about 72 degrees was gone and so was our protection from harmful rays of the sun which over time have limited us to normally under 100 years of age.

She was 27 when World War One erupted, 75 when John F. Kennedy was shot and nearly 100 when the Berlin Wall came down.

Now Leandra Becerra Lumbreras is celebrating her latest milestone - becoming the oldest person who has ever lived.

According to relatives and friends, the chocolate-loving Mexican marks her 127th birthday today.

http://www.telegraph...-years-ago.html

There are many claims out there of people living to 200+ in countries that didn't issue birth certificates until recent times. I don't see why this claim can't be viable. Correct diet and plenty of exercise should drastically reduce the normal rate of aging.