Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New and polite introduction

Sam Everett

Hi everyone,

I'm John (Dave) Tubb and just joined 6 Apr. 2014. I work at Edwards AFB, CA on the F-35 fighter program in instrumentation and live 15 miles North of the base in the sleepy little desert town of California City.

I have to say this part of the country (the Mojave Desert) has always impressed me for it's fantastic night skies.The Low atmospheric humidity combined with little to no city lights makes for some excellent astronomy, star gazing.

I first moved out here from Virginia in 1990 and Edwards was my first duty station after joining the USAF in 1989. Over the years I've moved away and back again. I went to Iraq and Afghanistan as a civilian and I worked at North Base, Edwards for a while as well.

I originally was a USAF ECM or Electronic Warfare Journeyman back as a lowly Airman 25 years ago, since then I've been around all sorts of avionics, radar, electronics etc and when I was active duty from 1989 to 1996 I attended all sorts of USAF technical training schools, enough to complete a 2 year degree in Avionics Systems Technology and later on my BS in Technical Project Management.

I hold a Top Secret security clearance and of course obey all the rules.

The truth is out there.

• Like 2

Hi, welcome to UM :)

Wow John, your résumé is impressive. I can sail a traditional narrowboat and can empty out the pumpout. :innocent:

Welcome, i feel you will be great in here.

:tu:

Glad you're with us, John. I can't help respond to your final sentence: "The truth is out there." My question: "Will we ever know it?"

Welcome to UM.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum John, fascinating background and experience, enjoy!

Hi John Tubb Welcome to UM

I hold a Top Secret security clearance and of course obey all the rules.

Impressive. Top Secret is the highest level of security clearance in the USA. One question though, isn't it generally frowned upon to proclaim you hold Top Secret Security Clearance when the purpose of a security clearance is to determine that a person is able and willing to safeguard classified national security information, based on his or her loyalty, character, trustworthiness, and reliability?

• Like 6

I think he meant to get onto UM, but do not quote me, my speciality is sailing and emptying out the pumpout.

• Like 2

:st Hiya John...Welcome to UM, good of you to join us :)

Welcome candy:

candy.jpg

• Like 1