Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is This is Sleep Paralysis?

sleep dreams sleep paralysis shaking

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    ebullience

ebullience

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hi. Sorry. Thanks.
Okay so, it goes like this. Lately, as in the start of this week, I've been waking up unable to move. I feel terrified and can only blink. I try to wiggle my toes, but that doesn't work. Once, after I started to gnash my teeth together, I could move again. And I shake. It's like I'm lying on a dryer while it's running or something. This always occurs after a long dream that I don't quite remember. Hazy.
Before, it was just the inability to move and that shaking. But I've started to see faces now and I'm really starting to get scared. It didn't happen when I slept with my light on, when I slept with my door open, or when I fell asleep on the couch. But I just fell (back) asleep at ten o'clock and it started and this time I saw these white faces.
Is it sleep paralysis, something else, or something totally explainable? If anyone can help or knows what's going on or anything, could you please help me? Thank you.

#2    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

To answer your question: yes.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,811 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

I agree with JVE and sleep paralysis is something totally explainable.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,577 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postebullience, on 19 July 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hi. Sorry. Thanks.
Okay so, it goes like this. Lately, as in the start of this week, I've been waking up unable to move. I feel terrified and can only blink. I try to wiggle my toes, but that doesn't work. Once, after I started to gnash my teeth together, I could move again. And I shake. It's like I'm lying on a dryer while it's running or something. This always occurs after a long dream that I don't quite remember. Hazy.
Before, it was just the inability to move and that shaking. But I've started to see faces now and I'm really starting to get scared. It didn't happen when I slept with my light on, when I slept with my door open, or when I fell asleep on the couch. But I just fell (back) asleep at ten o'clock and it started and this time I saw these white faces.
Is it sleep paralysis, something else, or something totally explainable? If anyone can help or knows what's going on or anything, could you please help me? Thank you.
Yes it is, while SP is explainable, what happens in altered states is totally different. I'll send you something that might help, you can pm me anyone.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    Snowy267

Snowy267

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

I don't know if this is Sleep Paralysis because I get it too but I don't shake around and don't normaly have dreams before  :unsure2:

Edited by Snowy267, 26 August 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#6    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostSnowy267, on 26 August 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

I don't know if this is Sleep Paralysis because I get it too but I don't shake around and don't normaly have dreams before  :unsure2:
You dream, you just are not remembering your dreams. I haven't experienced SP before, but from the experiences i've read here, most other people don't shake either. There are a lot of other experiences posted in this section, and many people around with experience  who might be able to help you if you want it.

Oh, and welcome to UM! :)

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,577 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postsarah_444, on 26 August 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

You dream, you just are not remembering your dreams. I haven't experienced SP before, but from the experiences i've read here, most other people don't shake either. There are a lot of other experiences posted in this section, and many people around with experience  who might be able to help you if you want it.

Oh, and welcome to UM! :)
The "shakeing" is the ops inturpretation of vibration. I have herd the washing machine analogy many times.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#8    Nickovthenorth

Nickovthenorth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• If you don't stand for somthing,
    you'll fall for anything.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

sounds like sp to me, I used to get it regularly, it can be a terrifying experience , but I found that once I learned more about it and got over the initial fear it can be a useful tool for launching lucid dreams,

and crazy as the this prob sounds to a lot of sp sufferers I actually miss the regular episodes I used to  get naturally I only seem to get sp these days when i purposefully work at it to help induce a lucid dream as stated above
but it isn't consistent, sometimes i get it most times I don't.

anyway just my 2 pennies worth.

peace out nickovthenorth.

Edited by Nickovthenorth, 26 August 2012 - 07:59 PM.

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack. Not rationality.
Those of you lucky enough to still have your lives, take them with you! But leave the limbs you have lost. They belong to me now.

#9    Salami Swami

Salami Swami

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

I get sp too, I agree it was scary at first but ive had alot of wonderful experiences

Posted Image

Also tagged with sleep, dreams, sleep paralysis, shaking

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users