Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Street Light Interference Syndrome

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    oldvanman

oldvanman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

G'day

I seem to knock out street lights when I drive past them at night. It happens fairly regularly, like 2 or 3 times a night, but only if I am not thinking about it. If I consciously think about the street lights then none will fail.
It has been happening to me for many years and I thought it was a commonplace random event due to unreliable lighting systems, until recently a friend was traveling with me and commented about the number of lights that failed as we drove past them.
It doesn't matter what sort of vehicle I am driving or what town I am in. It usually happens on corners but can happen at any time.
Last year I even had a large halogen flood light in a machinery yard fail as I went past.
Recently I backed out of my daughter's driveway and as I stopped under the streetlight, it went out. My grandson who was with me said he had never seen it go out before so I don't consider it was a faulty unit, or near the end of its working life.
On New Years Eve I was driving home from a job and a light failed as I drove past. There were a group of New Year revelers standing under it and I noticed them get animated as if they were surprised. My thoughts were that they should get used to it.
I have found that if I regularly meditate, it stops happening. When I don't meditate for a couple of weeks it starts happening again.

I am an electronics technician and I understand how lighting systems work, including mercury vapour street lights. I am at a loss to rationally explain what is going on. I dont seem to adversely affect any other electrical or electronic items. I know about reliability issues as the lights age, however I have had lights fail on new roadways. If it is a random event then why is it that as I drive along a lighted street, I can see many street lights, but they only go out as I drive past them? Surely if it is a random event I would regularly see street lights going out that are not in close proximity to me. I have seen lights that go off and on and are obviously faulty; however this is a rare event.

Regards
Chris

#17    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

I had a friend who was convinced he had the same effect on street lights.  So we were walking along and as we passed a light it went out.  He said see, and I replied lets try an experiment.  We walked about half a block and waited an watched.  In about 10 minutes the light went out again with no person or vehicle near it.  Can I say that it's not a real phenomena?  No I can't however I do believe that sometimes coincidence can convince us that there is something there that isn't.

#18    Lander7

Lander7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons...

- Alfred E. Newman

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

Why is it that people who have this ability can write emails without the computer turning off or getting zapped? The cars also seem to be safe. If this is real then we need to focus on the light bulb, why is it so sensitive and can we use a similar design to detect other things unseen?

#19    Mr Mojo Risin

Mr Mojo Risin

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

• "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

this happens to me sometimes but i think alot of people have had this happen to them walkin down the street and the light up ahead flickers and your like "did i do that" but most of the time its the same light everytime and its just a bad bulb or wiring problem, for awhile when i was young and would touch the radio attenna and it would get a better signal i would think i had some special power...things are lame when you get older

I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.  Albert Einstein

#20    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,043 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:03 AM

My brother jokes that I kill technology whenever I use it, I'm a jinx.
Given that I managed to break a brand new digital projector at work year before last could be evidence for that...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users