Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Bell Witch of TN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:09 PM

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this information before.... But as I have mentioned .. I live in Tennessee and the most famous Legend in this state is the "Bell Witch".

I live in East TN, and the Bell Witch location is actually Middle to West TN.

Check out these sites to read the story... it's suppose to be a true legend... and is pretty scary!!

www.prairieghosts.com/b-cave.html

www.bellwitch.org

A movie has been made of the Bell Witch and was supposed to be released this past Summer .. but so far it has not been.   It was actually filmed in the area that I live in... I got to meet the producers.

I just thought some of you might find this interesting ... I sure did.

God Bless!
Nxt2Hvn

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#2    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:47 PM

lol, I distrust any ghost story that has an advert for the location as a tourist attraction at the bottom of the page...

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#3    Rakshasas

Rakshasas

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

• Wicked Witch

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:33 PM

I love all the legends of the Bell Witch..I`m soo looking forward to the movie!!  

Live well...laugh often..love much

#4    Vera Ikon

Vera Ikon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• It's in the trees--- it's coming!

Posted 04 November 2003 - 08:06 PM

Eh, I'm not too disconcerted about the advert on the website.  The Bell Witch legend is very famous and very well documeted.  On the site of the tormented family's home, there is a state historic marker that details the hauntings.  I know it seems a little odd that the state would recognize this old legend, thereby effectively saying "yeah, it's all true-- it really happened".  But we have something similar in my home city of Rochester NY.  There is a state historic marker at the home of the infamous Fox sisters, who were phoney spiritualits in the era after the Civil War.  Even though their mehtods were debunked, they were almost single-handedly responsible for starting the spiritualist movement of the later 1800's.

...I Want to Believe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users