Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raptor Witness

CIA Torture - Was the Hippocratic Oath Violated?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. CIA Torture - Was the Hippocratic Oath Violated?

• Yes, "Rectal Feeding," is a medical procedure
    • No, this is a psychological procedure
  2. 2. Is a violation of the Hippocratic Oath a War Crime?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Is releasing a report sufficient punishment for this crime?

• Yes
    • No

Two Psychologists Lead CIA Torture - Huffington Post - Dec. 9, 2014

"For six years, starting in 2002, the two psychologists operated what amounted to a feedback loop of torture, coming up with new ways to inflict pain on detainees and then convincing CIA brass that the harsh tactics had worked."

___________________-----------------------_____________________

We can only imagine the truth, if these are the facts that we are allowed to know.

"Rectal Feeding" is a medical procedure, which means that medical professionals were also used to administer the torture.

• Like 1

sorry, but given that the second paragraph of the oath states:

To hold him who taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents, to be a partner in life with him, and to fulfill his needs when required; to look upon his offspring as equals to my own siblings, and to teach them this art, if they shall wish to learn it, without fee or contract; and that by the set rules, lectures, and every other mode of instruction, I will impart a knowledge of the art to my own sons, and those of my teachers, and to students bound by this contract and having sworn this Oath to the law of medicine, but to no others.

read more

nobody keeps to the oath... so why should we worry about misuse of medicine?

My question is... how many people realize that those compiling this "report" did not speak to a single CIA agent? The information came from the lawyers of those detained. Also, why would they publish this report now, considering it has been widely known for 8 years and those programs have been killed off... Not to deminish the plight of those facing this type of alleged treatment, but I believe it was a purely political move to detract attention from other things.

• Like 6

My question is... how many people realize that those compiling this "report" did not speak to a single CIA agent? The information came from the lawyers of those detained. Also, why would they publish this report now, considering it has been widely known for 8 years and those programs have been killed off... Not to deminish the plight of those facing this type of alleged treatment, but I believe it was a purely political move to detract attention from other things.

The timing comes as no surprise to me, come January that report would have disappeared forever in the shredder.

• Like 1

The timing comes as no surprise to me, come January that report would have disappeared forever in the shredder.

Do you mean like the Fast & Furious documents and Lois Lerner's emails?

• Like 2

Do you mean like the Fast & Furious documents and Lois Lerner's emails?

The excuse is again:" bub bu bu but everybody does it?"

• Like 1

But whats the point... its already been done.... and investigated... this report was based on the lawyers statements... no one elses. I get it, speaking as a soldier I know people have gone through horrible crap over there, I know we have done horrible things to them. Thats been evident for a long while. Now, let us not forget that we arent running around beheading POW's with dull machetes. We arent forcing them to renounce their religion during a video session just before we behead them either...

But whats the point... its already been done.... and investigated... this report was based on the lawyers statements... no one elses. I get it, speaking as a soldier I know people have gone through horrible crap over there, I know we have done horrible things to them. Thats been evident for a long while. Now, let us not forget that we arent running around beheading POW's with dull machetes. We arent forcing them to renounce their religion during a video session just before we behead them either...

nah, we are kinder, we destroy their soul, their self-worth and then let 'em continue living.

• Like 3

nah, we are kinder, we destroy their soul, their self-worth and then let 'em continue living.

Actually... thats far from the case and I will tell you that Any Sapper/Ranger/SF/SOC/GB/CIA Soldier/Agent goes through more in a 3 month period than any of these war criminals do in years. Ive been to Gitmo, its nothing. Sleep Deprivation is nothing... we could be breaking them down by making them bath in pigs blood... or giving them tattoos with it... if you wanna get all mean spirited. I know you wont agree with this, but if it comes to the protection of my country and its people and my family... theres not much I wouldnt do to garner the information that would help me put the next attack to an abrupt end. HOWEVER, you are moving away from the original topic... which is this report. Why now? And did you know that its not based on the agents that actually worked the field? And have you heard the testimony of the actual agents? The ones that have stepped forward to refute the report?

• Like 2

After their homes are bombed from above and entire families killed.

• Like 1

Hopefully plenty of spices were used for the feedings.

On a side note, isn't it curious how our protective services are being shattered these last few years? Secret service in tatters, police forces across the country under siege, FBI no more than an adjunct arm of the DNC and now the CIA getting skewered. The last 6 years have not been kind to our protective services, if you aren't armed you'd better be, I think Barry is looking for a wild exit.

• Like 3

Rectal feeding, now this is going to be a buzz word that I already don't look forward to hearing more about.

Along with Anal lube..... :cry:

The use of medical staff and or techniques as an adjunct to torture is a whole other level of evil.

It's the difference between manslaughter and capital murder in my book.

• Like 2

I believe there is a few CIA emails and documents involved in this too.

Really think any CIA agent is going to admit to torturing people.

Of course its political, just like Benghazi, Fast and Furious but does that mean the truth should be hid.

Edited by Ashotep

My thoughts on the "Torture Report":

Do They Really Oppose Torture?

by Ron Paul

The Senate Intelligence Committee released its long-awaited report on CIA torture of detainees yesterday and the reaction has been strong. While some still maintain that torture is justified, the emerging details of the program have left most of the country disgusted and ashamed.

Many in the current Administration blame the Bush people for this dark chapter, claiming that President Obama finally put an end to what his predecessor started.

Senator John McCain, an advocate for war and an interventionist foreign policy, has nevertheless been one of the strongest voices opposing torture. He has recalled his time as an abused prisoner of war in Vietnam to argue the importance of facing up to the recent behavior of the US government and making necessary corrections.

He said he knows from personal experience that torture does not produce good intelligence, as the victims will say whatever they believe their captors want to hear to gain some relief from their agony. Torture is morally wrong and it doesn’t work, he maintains.

I believe the Senator is sincere and that his intentions are good when it comes to the torture outlined in the report. I also believe that President Obama is sincere when he denounces the practices outlined by the Senate Committee.

But I think both President Obama and Senator McCain are being disingenuous and selective in their opposition to torture.

It is one thing to argue that people should not have their feet broken and be forced to stand cuffed to a wall, to oppose rectal force-feeding, and to condemn water-boarding a detainee 50 or 100 times. Most of us reject this kind of torture for both moral and practical reasons.

But is that the only kind of torture? Is it not torture to go to a wedding in Pakistan and watch as your family is blown up by a US drone? Is it not torture to have your village water treatment plant bombed by NATO planes seeking to overthrow Gaddafi? Is it not torture for parents of the 500,000 Iraqi children who were killed by US sanctions? Is endorsing pre-emptive war, knowing that thousands of civilians are sure to be collateral damage, not support for torture?

Both Senator McCain and President Obama take the moral high ground with regard to CIA torture, but both are enthusiastic supporters of past and current US military interventions that have the same effect on millions. It is one thing to oppose horrific practices that leave perhaps dozens killed or maimed. But what about practices that do the same for tens of thousands or millions?

A consistent anti-torture position would also reject sanctions, 'humanitarian' interventions, regime change, and pre-emptive war. Anything less is missing the whole point.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 5

The main stream media outlets in the U.S. are complicit or just plain stupid for not asking who performed the medical procedures involved in the torture, including the efforts to keep inmates alive while the torture took place.

The American people are complicit if they don't demand to know who these doctors and/or nurses were, and who paid them.

The fact that they're saying "two contract psychologists" led the way is a clever diversion. It pulls the wool over sleepy minds, so they are left counting sheep instead of wolves.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Raptor stating "the mainstream media outlets in the U.S. are complicit or just plain stupid" maybe the understatement of the year here on UM... :lol:

Exactly! It's a slap against the Right so they can spend time on defense as they take power. I'd IGNORE it and move on to Benghazi. SOMEONE needs to be held accountable for that crime.
  • Like 1

did they at least fed them halal food???

Hopefully plenty of spices were used for the feedings.

Along with Anal lube..... :cry:

we could be breaking them down by making them bath in pigs blood

LOL you guys are so Fed up. We should sit all of you down naked, put your legs up on some stirrups and give you guys the dining experience of a lifetime.

Sometimes it's surreal what's allowed here and what isn't. That being said, who wouldn't want a good rectal after their house is destroyed and their family murdered?

• Like 1

Actually... thats far from the case and I will tell you that Any Sapper/Ranger/SF/SOC/GB/CIA Soldier/Agent goes through more in a 3 month period than any of these war criminals do in years. Ive been to Gitmo, its nothing. Sleep Deprivation is nothing... we could be breaking them down by making them bath in pigs blood... or giving them tattoos with it... if you wanna get all mean spirited. I know you wont agree with this, but if it comes to the protection of my country and its people and my family... theres not much I wouldnt do to garner the information that would help me put the next attack to an abrupt end. HOWEVER, you are moving away from the original topic... which is this report. Why now? And did you know that its not based on the agents that actually worked the field? And have you heard the testimony of the actual agents? The ones that have stepped forward to refute the report?

And here we come again to something you subject yourself to voluntarily, which is up to you, and something that is forced on you, which is not. And that is the small difference. That you sign a paper subjecting yourself to a dehumanizing treatment is your choice. At least half of the Gitmo (and secret prison) inmates evidently were just standing on the wrong street corner at the time... or driving somebody in their taxi trying to make a living.

And I already told you why now: Because come January (or next month) that file would have disappeared forever in a document shredder.

• Like 1

For better or for worse, this is how our leviathan political system works. I agree that it should have been published years ago. Indeed, John Kiriakou, formerly of the CIA, is presently in federal prison for revealing details that are also revealed in this report.

Miscarriage of justice, to be sure, only in America.

The use of medical staff and or techniques as an adjunct to torture is a whole other level of evil.

It's the difference between manslaughter and capital murder in my book.

I'm glad you started this thread regarding the 2 shrinks who happily went over to the dark side as described by Cheney.

Those men should at the very least be decertified by the American Psychologist Association. A travesty to be sure. I would not object to criminal charges for them and John Yoo, the legal architect of this barbarism.

A very dark stain on America. And even darker is that so many ordinary citizens in this "Christian Country" absolutely support the barbarism. As long as muslims are being tortured, too many of the Christians will cheer.