Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The apocalypse is now! Judgment day at last!

The Raven

I had an interesting idea today, which I have not seen done before in my time here at UM. So I decided to return for awhile and share this idea with you all, as well as some others (I'll be making more threads soon) that I think need to be brought up on UM. This is aiming to be a religiously neutral discussion so to speak, so please do not flame or yell because you happen to disagree and/or feel the need to criticize another's opinion.

The Scenario: It is the present day, nearing the end of 2006. By a chain of uncanny events beyond the control of humanity, the majority of the human population believes that today [no specific day] is going to be the end of the world. The great religions have come to agree on something, and even the Pagans have a hard time denying the evidence that this is the final day, Judgment Day, or more religiously neutral, Doom. The end of the world. You believe that today is your final day, all the signs [Whatever proof you personally would need] have shown themselves. People are terrified and everyone is getting in their last wishes. Needless to say, the world is in relative chaos. That fateful, prophesised day has arrived.

The Discussion: So my question for you is, if you were given all the proof you needed based on your personal beliefs, religion, spirituality, creed, etc, and without a doubt you [along with everyone else] knew today was the final day and that the world was about to end, what would you do? How would you react? Are there things you would want to accomplish this day? I think it will be fascinating to hear your response. On top of that, what would make you believe it was the end of the world, anyway? If you would like, pretend you are the ONLY one that knows the world will end today, so in that case others will be acting normal (if you prefer). Let us share our ideas, wills, and spiritual and/or religious opinions.

Edited by The Raven

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Raven

• GoddessWhispers

• chaoszerg

• wudewassa

If only!

Then , after all those myopic religious sadists are finally taken up, or away, in the chariots of their respective eschatological expectations, the rest of us can sleep late on Saturday because no one is going to knock at 6a.m. and ask if we've heard about Jesus!

Hahahaha, so you're telling me you'd sleep easy and wonderfully on this final day? ^_^

Edited by The Raven

If only!

Then , after all those myopic religious sadists are finally taken up, or away, in the chariots of their respective eschatological expectations, the rest of us can sleep late on Saturday because no one is going to knock at 6a.m. and ask if we've heard about Jesus!

Mother Earth and The Goddess can finaly heal herself, and those of use who are left will go back to living with nature, not controling it.

Hahahaha, so you're telling me you'd sleep easy and wonderfully on this final day? ^_^

I'm telling you that if I knew the day and hour, I'd be sitting on my chase in the yard, watching the skies and tickled I could witness the Earths salvation from the grip of the jealous gods of domination!

Hallelujah and pass the global healing, after! :yes:

I had an interesting idea today, which I have not seen done before in my time here at UM. So I decided to return for awhile and share this idea with you all, as well as some others (I'll be making more threads soon) that I think need to be brought up on UM. This is aiming to be a religiously neutral discussion so to speak, so please do not flame or yell because you happen to disagree and/or feel the need to criticize another's opinion.

The Scenario: It is the present day, nearing the end of 2006. By a chain of uncanny events beyond the control of humanity, the majority of the human population believes that today [no specific day] is going to be the end of the world. The great religions have come to agree on something, and even the Pagans have a hard time denying the evidence that this is the final day, Judgment Day, or more religiously neutral, Doom. The end of the world. You believe that today is your final day, all the signs [Whatever proof you personally would need] have shown themselves. People are terrified and everyone is getting in their last wishes. Needless to say, the world is in relative chaos. That fateful, prophesised day has arrived.

The Discussion: So my question for you is, if you were given all the proof you needed based on your personal beliefs, religion, spirituality, creed, etc, and without a doubt you [along with everyone else] knew today was the final day and that the world was about to end, what would you do? How would you react? Are there things you would want to accomplish this day? I think it will be fascinating to hear your response. On top of that, what would make you believe it was the end of the world, anyway? If you would like, pretend you are the ONLY one that knows the world will end today, so in that case others will be acting normal (if you prefer). Let us share our ideas, wills, and spiritual and/or religious opinions.

i guess pandoras box is opened... and everyone has left hope inside. but if its out of hope's control due to the internet and subjecting people to the idea that this is the end, and these people in return meditate on it, like praying, invokes it through the collective unconscious, then i really do have to consider what i have to do.

im thinking hard about leaving the country.

Edited by ADbox

I ain't going dow without a fight! ::pulls out plastic sword::

Well, you know me, I'd hop the fastest transit to go to Maine so The Raven and I could go out together, singing rude songs about Helheim if we must die. If not: after the end, I'd still be sitting atop my soapbox, trying to piece together the remnants of humanity and pass out food. I would adopt an alias known to my close friends and my Raven, then lead the best and the brightest scraps of life after doom descends under the banner of the new best hope. Seriously, I'm planning to stockpile canned goods and spring water and live in fellowship with my brothers and sisters. When the dust settles, maybe crime will be gone because we'll have to band together to survive. Remember, the apocalypse is just a revealing, even in Christian belief. Life is a cycle, and I plan to ride the circle of life all the way around.

If the Christians are right, at least it's toasty in Hell. If I'm right... see you kids later. I'm out in a blaze of glory and off to Valhalla. :yes:

I'd definitely get off the wagon and enjoy the thrill of a nice stiff drink. Why not? I wouldn't have to worry about the hangover the next morning!

Build a big old Fire on the beach,sing, dance around it naked, and call the Gods, then feast on seafood, taquila and beat drums until I pass out. Any of you girls want to join me. :D

Well i would manage to save ONE bullet out of all this chaos just to shoot you in the, forehead for the hell of it. Edited by Silentom

Well i would manage to save ONE bullet out of all this chaos just to shoot you in the, forehead for the hell of it.

Thanks Silentom, I really feel the love. :wub:

I know what Id do... Just 8 words

Streaking around the world in just 24 hours

I likely wouldn't know if the day was my last day, because I don't subscribe to any particular "End of the World" scenario.

Though, if I somehow did know, I'd probably take my loved ones and attempt to find a nice place to hide until it was all over, hoping we'd still be alive to help replenish the world.

Hmm, I cant think of anything (at this point) that could convince me that the world were ending. Unless events similar to teh movie "The Omega Code" (not to be mistaken with "the Omega Man") then nothing can show me tha the end is nigh. No one knows the day or hour of Jesus' return. But more than that, through reading teh scriptures, I personally believe in a much less literal view of the endtimes. I believe the world will end eventually. But I don't see any specific "anti-Christ" as the one who institutes all this into being. It's much too easy. Read up on "A-millenialism" sometime. That should explain it all.

Regards, PA

Hmm, I cant think of anything (at this point) that could convince me that the world were ending.

A reasonable response PA, but if you somehow believed without a doubt it was the final day, isn't there something specific or special that you would do?

Build a big old Fire on the beach,sing, dance around it naked, and call the Gods, then feast on seafood, taquila and beat drums until I pass out. Any of you girls want to join me. :D

What is it with you and dancing naked on beaches?? :no: Are you trying to cause even more terror while the world is ending?? What if some elderly couple decide to spend one last moment on the beach staring at the sea only to see YOU running around naked :lol: A fate worse than death.

To be honest i would spend my last moments telling my partner and kids that i love them and to be strong.

AH...Thank Goddess. Finally Peace On Earth! Break out the mead!

Fantastic wudewassa. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you on UM yet. If that's how you'd spend your final day then I sense we're going to get along very well. :P