Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what has a soul?

mindnumbinglyfun

this is something ive thought about for a while. i dont subscribe to any religion really, but i do believe in an afterlife.

but just because we have a soul, does that mean every living thing has its own individual soul? im inclined to believe that dogs and cats could have souls, but im not really sure about wild animals. and what about plants and bugs and bacteria etc?

this is the theory ive come up with. perhaps some things have a collective soul. i dont really think anyone would get much out of living the life of a flea. maybe the flea is just part of a larger system of consciousness that is all fleas, or all bugs, or maybe even just a part of the earths consciousness. maybe all the bugs and plants and animals on earth dont really have a "soul", but are just an extension of the earths soul.

in the big picture i think we might all just be one giant ball of consciousness, but im talking about the here and now in this little universe.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Opus Magnus

• arkland

• Ashley-Star*Child

• darkninja

I also wonder whether there are levels of "soul life"? Is our soul fabric if you will, all the same as others? Is my soul the same as my dogs's? Is a soul eternal? Or does it begin and end as our bodies do? There are a lot of things to think about with this topic for sure. You make some good points.

this is something ive thought about for a while. i dont subscribe to any religion really, but i do believe in an afterlife.

but just because we have a soul, does that mean every living thing has its own individual soul? im inclined to believe that dogs and cats could have souls, but im not really sure about wild animals. and what about plants and bugs and bacteria etc?

this is the theory ive come up with. perhaps some things have a collective soul. i dont really think anyone would get much out of living the life of a flea. maybe the flea is just part of a larger system of consciousness that is all fleas, or all bugs, or maybe even just a part of the earths consciousness. maybe all the bugs and plants and animals on earth dont really have a "soul", but are just an extension of the earths soul.

in the big picture i think we might all just be one giant ball of consciousness, but im talking about the here and now in this little universe.

Every thing has a spirit, a soul is the combination of Spirit and body, words and atoms have individual spirits too, aliens have spirits and some of them can even use this powerful energy to fly their ships and or their spirit body, I have seen spirits of Plants and ants , trees and bees deer and bear, all has a spirit.

Love omnaka

I feel every living thing that has a conscious has a soul.

To the original poster, if ya don't mind, could you please elaborate a little on your definition of a "soul"? Thanks :tu:

Edited by Paranoid Android

Every living creature has a soul from viruses to whales. I am not going to try to prove that statement. The soul is something which can't measured, weighed, or seen. It is something based on faith.

I believe everything has a soul. Medically alive or not. Trees have souls, and so do rocks. This may sound strange to most people, but I believe in states of meditation I have actually connected to the conciousness of a pencil! I can't really explain it, but everything has a conciousness. Although, because they don't have a nervous system it, it reacts differently with them.

I think soul is a myth in it's entirety. Made up so as to make that special feeling of exclusive right and privilege a pass to dominate everything on earth, in the name of the other fable, god. As if believing in a man made man in the sky, saves us to experience more after we leave this experience. Scaring people into fearing to insure a future for that invisible being inside us. That soul, after living is done. As if we imagine what we know now can even conceive of what awaits when we die.

Religion is a ring through the nose of the human ego, that can't accept it's no better than anything else it shares the world with. It's going to be born, grow old,die and rot. Just like everything else. Religion saves us from living with that thought. It gives hope there's more for us to do, after. It's narcissism.

Something goes on after your body die's. But this only works for people with some form of conscious no paris hilton's allowed.

Religion is a ring through the nose of the human ego, that can't accept it's no better than anything else it shares the world with. It's going to be born, grow old,die and rot. Just like everything else. Religion saves us from living with that thought. It gives hope there's more for us to do, after. It's narcissism.

I don't have a religion and I believe in the soul. I believe it because of what I've experienced throughout my life.

All living things have a soul from animals to trees and plants, the winds, stars and planets, etc, and there's texts to back that up. Unlike us though they don't have free will so they don't incur judgement.

Do you think there's a difference between conciousness and the soul? Can you have one without the other?

I believe everything has a soul. Medically alive or not. Trees have souls, and so do rocks. This may sound strange to most people, but I believe in states of meditation I have actually connected to the conciousness of a pencil! I can't really explain it, but everything has a conciousness. Although, because they don't have a nervous system it, it reacts differently with them.

So, if you take a rock and smash it into pieces, each rock takes a piece of the original soul with it? Or does one piece keep the original soul and new ones are forced into creation for the other pebbles? Because, of course, we all know that rocks start as a boulder, mountain, or whatnot. So it would be this original boulder that had a soul. Or as some have said, "the earth's soul"... since mountains and such are part of the earth, they would have the earth's soul. And once broken off.... well, I just explained that...

So, by this logic, if someone's hand is cut off... it takes a piece of their soul with it? Is this just a dead, discarded piece of soul? Or does it function, however a soul is presumed to function, on its own? This idea just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

But... my own opinion... I think.... if you believe in a creator... that since Man was formed in said creator's image... that humans are the only beings with a soul. Whatever religion you belong to, most believe the "creator" to be a spirit-like entity. And of course, the same can be said for the "soul". So, since we are made in this creator's image (and dogs, cats, plants, and rocks are not) we are the only ones that possess souls.

Just my thoughts...

I've pondered that question myself, with rocks being split up. I really don't have an answer. That's why on my previous post I was asking what people thought about conciousness and the soul, if they are seperate. I know these things, everything has a conciousness. I believe everything in the universe was once one perfect thing. Somehow it was split up. I suppose these broken off peices of the original rock would hold part of that soul. There's also Plato's idea of the Soul of the World.

Do you think there's a difference between conciousness and the soul? Can you have one without the other?

No... you cant, they are one.