Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Go back...and look again.

thenumber23

My cousin and I brought up 2 mind bending cocepts, I`ll get the the 2nd one later. I think my brain snaped when my cousin brought up this chilling twist:

What if everything we know about the bible, was backwards? Like for example what if the Devil was actually Jesus and Jesus the Devil? Angels demons and demons angels, heaven hell, hell actually heaven? Or if the official day to go church (believed to be sunday of course) was actually saturday? And the lists goes on and on the more you think about it. What do you think...possible?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Link of Hyrule

• Cadetak

• darkninja

• Opus Magnus

Top Posters In This Topic

My cousin and I brought up 2 mind bending cocepts, I`ll get the the 2nd one later. I think my brain snaped when my cousin brought up this chilling twist:

What if everything we know about the bible, was backwards? Like for example what if the Devil was actually Jesus and Jesus the Devil? Angels demons and demons angels, heaven hell, hell actually heaven? Or if the official day to go church (believed to be sunday of course) was actually saturday? And the lists goes on and on the more you think about it. What do you think...possible?

How is the opposite of Sunday..Saturday?

That's like saying the opposite of A is Z....they don't have opposites :o

At least Z is farther away from A..Sunday is one day from Saturday.

What is ironic is that Sunday has SUN in it. Pagans worship the sun, and apparently Christians worship god on the same day that they condemn as pagan day..

Wierd

Also..if everything were opposite(Jesus->Satan), then just worship Satan and be over with it.

Not an uncommon thought. But let's see things this way - not even the harshest critic of the Bible believes that the law to Love your neighbour as yourself morally wrong - of course, they say it's a good rule. So if Jesus were Satan and Satan were jesus, then it was Satan giving this rule. Thus Satan is the "good guy", and all things are peachy anyway. People just happen to have the name mixed up. C.S Lewis touches on this in teh Narnia Chronicles (can't recall which book, but it's not Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe - from memory, at least, I mean I guess it could be the Lion witch and wardrobe......) where one of the kids is asked to do good deeds in the name of the evil blanketing the land. Aslan returns and the kid is praised because he did everything right, only got the name wrong.

As for the Saturday/Sunday church thing, the Sabbath is most definitely a Saturday. Sunday has been appropriated as the day people generally go to church, but it is NOT the Sabbath, contrary to many people's opinions on the matter. Some Christians argue that the Sabbath should still be kept and so still hold their own "day of Rest" (which is what the Sabbath is, after all) on a Saturday. Other Christians, such as myself, believe that Jesus fulfilled the particular law of teh Sabbath, and point to Jesus as our continuous "Sabbath Rest", as is suggested in Hebrews 4.

Just my thoughts on the matter :tu:

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

Why is the commandment, "Honor thy neighbor" a morally bad law?

My apologies, I worded that a little ambiguously. I've gone back and fixed it to make it easier to read.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Well the Sabbath is Friday sunset to Saturday sunset for starters, and that should never have been changed. Many things in the Bible are man made and are just opinions of the writer ESPECIALLY the NT.

...the Sabbath is most definitely a Saturday.

How do you come up with this conclusion? You didn't really offer an explanation, so I going to assume (which is a horrible thing to do, because it makes an ass of u and me) That you say this because Saturday is the last day of the week... on the American calender. Most other countries list Monday as the first day of the week and Sunday as the last. I personally believe that if you believe in any creationism, that Sunday would of course have to be the first day, since in all religions, the sun was created on the first day, hence SUNday... and Saturday would be the last day... the day of rest... the Sabbath... so I agree with you, but was just wondering if this is your same logic or not...

And also... if EVERYTHING in the bible was backwards, that would mean not only does Jesus->Satan, but the Commandments are the opposite of what they should be and Satan is telling you that "Thou shalt kill", "Thou shalt covet..." and so on. So if literally EVERYTHING were backwards... it would still read the same...

Oh and also, it would be called "ELBIB YLOH EHT" :yes::tu:

Edited by darkninja

How do you come up with this conclusion? You didn't really offer an explanation, so I going to assume (which is a horrible thing to do, because it makes an ass of u and me) That you say this because Saturday is the last day of the week... on the American calender. Most other countries list Monday as the first day of the week and Sunday as the last. I personally believe that if you believe in any creationism, that Sunday would of course have to be the first day, since in all religions, the sun was created on the first day, hence SUNday... and Saturday would be the last day... the day of rest... the Sabbath... so I agree with you, but was just wondering if this is your same logic or not...

Well, there may be an ass somewhere, but it's not on my side ;) j/k mate

I'm using a Jewish Calendar to work out that day, actually. If you check out a Jewish calendar, you will know that they have always kept the Sabbath on a Saturday (well, technically Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, I'm just saying Saturday for ease of reference). I'm not so Roman-centric (yet) as to use their calendar for dating everything, especially dating Jewish holidays (holy days).

Many people make the mistake of thinking that the devil is the opposite of God. He is not. He is opposed to him as are many people but he is not opposite. The devil is a created being, God according to the Bible is not. God is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent and the devil is none of these. There is no opposite to God. So the theory as far as you describe it seems to be wrong imo.

Edited by tags

How is the opposite of Sunday..Saturday?

That's like saying the opposite of A is Z....they don't have opposites :o

At least Z is farther away from A..Sunday is one day from Saturday.

What is ironic is that Sunday has SUN in it. Pagans worship the sun, and apparently Christians worship god on the same day that they condemn as pagan day..

Wierd

Also..if everything were opposite(Jesus->Satan), then just worship Satan and be over with it.

Wrong. Sundays opposite is Monday. As Sunday is last. Monday is first.

A's opposite is Z. As a is first z is last.

+ opposite is - .

and no im not hating. Just pointing out a flaw in your post.

lots of love

peace

doc

Well, there may be an ass somewhere, but it's not on my side ;) j/k mate

I'm using a Jewish Calendar to work out that day, actually. If you check out a Jewish calendar, you will know that they have always kept the Sabbath on a Saturday (well, technically Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, I'm just saying Saturday for ease of reference). I'm not so Roman-centric (yet) as to use their calendar for dating everything, especially dating Jewish holidays (holy days).

Makes sense to me :tu:

Except for the ass comment... didn't like that too much :angry2: LOL

I have an idea you may want to try out. The next time you are at a stop sign, just say to yourself, "this really means go", and see what happens.

I don't get it...all you would be doing is changeing names. If God was actually the evil one and Satan the good one...your still worshipping the same person its just a name change.

I don't think the day actually matters either as long as its one day out of the week.

Either my mind is already bent or this is rediculous...or I don't get it.

Who would write the bible backwards anyways?

You do know that the bible is not an original work, right!? That it was compiled by learned men and scholars, clergy and the like, to read as it does now in all it's 66 books? It is claimed to be the inspired word of a god and yet it was compiled and augmented by mortal men. Furthermore, you could spend quite a bit of quality time out of your life just looking at all the contradictions there are among scriptures, as they seek to impart wisdom and moral guidance to readers. Furthermore, a fair read of the scriptures reveals a god that suborns slavery, rape, murder, genocide, infanticide, matricide, misogyny and ordains in his service almost every one of the 7 deadly sins. So , as you review the topics in discussions like these, know that you're not actually talking about gods word, but rather mans conspiracy to control man in the name of what can be described as a psychotic deity. Which is of course man, in the guise of god. Were it not for man we would have no impression of this god image. While pantheists see the spirit of god in all things, some coordinate that visual to a corporeal ideology. Making for a tyrant in heaven, created by the deviants of earth.

Research: Bible contradictions, and read for yourself. But be advised Cadetak that you have to be open , before you shall see. ;)

^Dear God, did this really happen. Is my God a psychotic deity? I guess I should just ignore the last time I read the BIble and came to the conclusion that it is the inspired word of God. Glad we got that settled. Thanks :devil:

Research: Bible contradictions, and read for yourself. But be advised Cadetak that you have to be open , before you shall see. ;)

Wow, I was considering saying the same thing, except I thought the conclusion would be different :whistle: Edited by Paranoid Android

You do know that the bible is not an original work, right!? That it was compiled by learned men and scholars, clergy and the like, to read as it does now in all it's 66 books? It is claimed to be the inspired word of a god and yet it was compiled and augmented by mortal men. Furthermore, you could spend quite a bit of quality time out of your life just looking at all the contradictions there are among scriptures, as they seek to impart wisdom and moral guidance to readers. Furthermore, a fair read of the scriptures reveals a god that suborns slavery, rape, murder, genocide, infanticide, matricide, misogyny and ordains in his service almost every one of the 7 deadly sins. So , as you review the topics in discussions like these, know that you're not actually talking about gods word, but rather mans conspiracy to control man in the name of what can be described as a psychotic deity. Which is of course man, in the guise of god. Were it not for man we would have no impression of this god image. While pantheists see the spirit of god in all things, some coordinate that visual to a corporeal ideology. Making for a tyrant in heaven, created by the deviants of earth.

I understand what your saying but the original poster's idea doesn't work. If you reverse everythingin the bible nothing would change. For example if you where playing baseball and where on 3rd base on the baseball diamond was reversed you would still be on third base.

If God did all the bad things in the bible and told you to be bad...everybody would actually be worshipping Satan. But since Satan does all the good things now in this reversed bible he is exactly the same as the old un-reversed God. So its just changing names.

And for the record I keep an open mind(read the siggy) but so far open that my brain falls out.

I actualy don't really know how to explain what I'm talking about...it could also be that it is 1:11 in the morning(dam i just accidently supported that 1:11 thread!)

Edited by Cadetak47