Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

"types" of experiences you believe

religious vs. ghosts vs. ??

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 03 February 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

There is no lack of proof if you experienced it! That is the proof! You cannot help what another person won't accept. You can only consider the reasons why he is unable to accept it.

Edit: Hope I didn't sound too forceful with the explanation points lol... I just am passionate about this proof and lack of proof thing...

That is absurd. I have experienced things, and that is not proof. I could easily jump to conclusions on what those things were, but I do not.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#17    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

That is absurd. I have experienced things, and that is not proof. I could easily jump to conclusions on what those things were, but I do not.
Accurate interpretation is the answer.

#18    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostBeany, on 03 February 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

You don't sound too forceful to me. Until the paranormal stuff started showing up in my life I was a skeptic. When it started I was totally freaked out, and living on a small island in the Western Pacific, so there weren't a whole lot of resources available to me to help figure out what the heck was going on. But because I WAS living on a small island in a culture where this kind of thing is quite normal & no one placed any great importance on it, I was better able to accept it than if it occurred here in the US. And I'm not sure it would have even happened here. At some point, about 6 months into it, I decided the what & why wasn't as important as how I responded to it: I could either consider it meaningful or just blow it off as some fun, odd & interesting occurrences. I chose the former. From the island's one bookstore, I read sociology, history, psychology, social science, religion & spirituality, read books about different cultures, self-help, before I ever discovered the metaphysical section at the back of the store. The great thing about it was that because there were no "experts" available, I engaged in research without any bias, gathered the information, and reached my own conclusions. My conclusion: what a magnificent world we live in, and there's much more here than what many people are able to see.

Yes.. I believe this is exactly where its at... there are no "experts" (well at least none that I personally have found - although there are those who are more experienced, versed in certain areas) our understanding comes to us gradually based on what we personally come across in life.

Here are some quotes I just read last night that illuminates this concept: (I like how in the midst of pondering a topic I seem to come across it in similar form)

He found (what he was looking for) sustenance in the richness and steadfastness of his inner life.

And

The hearts spiritual awakening is the true work of our lives. This might take place in as many ways as there are persons alive.

And

Each man is utterly important and limitless.

I am only a few pages in on my new book: the essential writtings of Ralph Waldo Emerson..so far so good! I think im going to like this book.. :)

Thanks again for your lovely response. :)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#19    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

I agree with notforgotten. I have experienced things that have been proof for me. I would never in all my days let a skeptic take that away from me. For me that would be absurd.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 03 February 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

I agree with notforgotten. I have experienced things that have been proof for me. I would never in all my days let a skeptic take that away from me. For me that would be absurd.

Blind Faith is not all ways a bad thing. If something you " believe " makes you happy, why should anyone try to take that away from you?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#21    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Blind Faith is not all ways a bad thing. If something you " believe " makes you happy, why should anyone try to take that away from you?
I do not have blind faith for I have seen. And experience out weights theory any day. Theory is what you get in school. Experience is what the true professionals have.

Edited by notforgotten, 03 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#22    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 03 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Well SpiritWriter, don't you think it's time for you to answer your own quetions for us?

Lol yeah probably so...

View PostSpiritWriter, on 31 January 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Have you had experiences? Yes

Do you tend to believe others when they confide thier stories to you? Yes

Do you accept some types of stories but not others? I know their are liars in the world and I may be gullible but I believe most accounts primarily because I am aware of broad possibilities. If a story sounds fishy or I do not trust its source I will question it, but I will not totally disregard it.

Do you believe in ghosts? Yes I've seen some and experienced it in ways that to reject what I experienced would be rather dumb.

Do you believe in angels? Yes but Ive never seen any. I have been miraculously saved from death and harm on numerous occassions and know this to be the work of the spiritual realm and what people normally consider guardian angels. I whole heartedly believe in angels despite my own persons lack of proof.

Do you believe in aliens? Yes - this is a mystereous area to me that I never really got into. I have seen one ufo...

Do you believe in other types of spirits not listed here for example demons or fairies etc... yes I believe there are a multitude of things humans are generally unaware of.

Do you believe in God (or gods and goddesses?) I believe in these.. this is another mystery, I believe in a most high god and representations of this god, or aspects of this god that took actual form throughout history. I know that Jesus exists, is still alive in spirit and has power to bring those the spirit chooses, or those who call on him into relationship with the most high god.  Other gods and goddesses are a mystery to me that I don't really feel I need to fully understand right now. I do think some of these gods are scary. I feel too much energy is spent on the facts and controversies in this area, when the real point of understanding god - in this life - is doing our own soul work internally, growing in love and service, this is the purpose of understanding god. God is a mystery and will remain a mystery... as long as he remains outside of us he will be completely unknown. As soon as we acknowledge we are apart of god, that the kingdom of god is inside of us, is when it starts to make sense.

Do you believe entities can communicate through dreams? Yes I know they can

Do you think entities can appear in this realm and be visible for some to see? Yes I know they can.

Do you believe humans can travel to the spirit world? Yes I know this is possible.

Do you believe in religious visions? Yes and this is the reason I posted this thread. I think this seems to be a disreguarded phenomenon in this day and age.

What types of stories are valid to you? I try to keep an open mind.. I may interpret it differently than the receiver but I know that I might not be right.

Do you base what is valid upon your own experiences? Yes

If you do accept some reports and not others.. why? if I don't trust the source

Edited by SpiritWriter, 03 February 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#23    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

After the latest reply, I should have added to above :

Nothing wrong with believing things. It is when your belief is stated as fact and how " I know they exist " starts coming out.

When people start claiming fact from their own belief, that is where a line is crossed.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#24    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

After the latest reply, I should have added to above :

Nothing wrong with believing things. It is when your belief is stated as fact and how " I know they exist " starts coming out.

When people start claiming fact from their own belief, that is where a line is crossed.

If someone knows something they should not be prohibited from claiming what they know.. it is not crossing the line at all.

#25    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 03 February 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

If someone knows something they should not be prohibited from claiming what they know.. it is not crossing the line at all.

I disagree.

If someone says " I know Bigfoot exists ", they better have a way to back up that " fact ".

Now, if someone says " I believe Bigfoot exists ", there is nothing to back up at all.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#26    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Often times people misinterpret the invisible spirit world. There are powers from both kingdoms that are often seen yet misunderstood. We often experience these powers in our dreams. To understand the bible is to understand the god's of both kingdoms. Jesus said that we are all gods. But there is only one godhead (creator) -  the Holy Trinity -  Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Wisdom comes from experience.

#27    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I disagree.

If someone says " I know Bigfoot exists ", they better have a way to back up that " fact ".

Now, if someone says " I believe Bigfoot exists ", there is nothing to back up at all.

If they saw bigfoot they could easily say that...

#28    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

View Postnotforgotten, on 03 February 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Often times people misinterpret the invisible spirit world.

Does such a thing even exist?, let alone a chance to " interpret " it.?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#29    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,293 posts

You wouldn't have to believe them but if they saw it they saw it.... that is proof for them.

#30    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

View PostSakari, on 03 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I disagree.

Most of history is based on witnesses and their testimony. I know that the Father, Son, Holy Spirit and angels exist and I need nothing to back it up for you.

Edited by notforgotten, 03 February 2013 - 06:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users