Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

5 Extinct Animals That May Still Exist

cryptozoology cryptids video

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Dark5

Dark5

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

After lurking about in the forums for a while, I've been inspired to create videos exploring the mysteries of this world and beyond. I decided to tackle a bit of cryptozoology in the first video... 5 Extinct Animals the May Still Roam the Earth. Check it out below!  I was particularly interested in the fact that isolated populations of wooly mammoths managed to survive until 4,000 years ago. That's when Stonehenge was being built! Feel free to give feedback or suggestions for future topics. -Dark5

Edited by Dark5, 17 June 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,624 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hi and welcome to UM....interesting video :)

There's one part In particular I remember seeing before. The live footage of a woolly mammoth walking through some water, that was actually a bear with a fish in its mouth. We had a thread about that some time ago.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=222048

Posted Image

#3    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,902 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

I thought I read an article about the Tazmanian Tiger a few months ago.  I can't remember if it said one was spotted or if they were going to clone or what though, just a vague memory of recent news about them...

#4    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,624 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostWickian, on 17 June 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

I thought I read an article about the Tazmanian Tiger a few months ago.  I can't remember if it said one was spotted or if they were going to clone or what though, just a vague memory of recent news about them...
Could be this one -

http://www.unexplain... thylacine&st=0

Posted Image

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hope they can save the Devil.  I think they should put their effort in keeping yet another animal from becoming extinct before they try to bring back one already extinct.

Welcome to the forum.

#6    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

The Thylacine and Japanese wolf seem like the best candidates for surviving.  I hope it's true.

#7    Dark5

Dark5

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 17 June 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Hi and welcome to UM....interesting video :)

There's one part In particular I remember seeing before. The live footage of a woolly mammoth walking through some water, that was actually a bear with a fish in its mouth. We had a thread about that some time ago.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=222048

Thanks! I knew about the bear conclusion, but it was still the most compelling footage I was able to find... I'm sure the odds are against the existence of an actual mammoth, but I'm quite excited about the prospects of cloning a hybrid woolly mammoth, especially since they recently found a frozen carcass with blood intact.

#8    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

Nice video, there is a possibility of all of these animals surviving in the fringes of the wild :)
I do wish for a mammoth.

#9    Dark5

Dark5

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostWickian, on 17 June 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

I recall there being a surge in interest a few months back when that Willem Defoe movie "The Hunter" came out in the U.S. on Netflix. He plays a hunter sent by a biotech company to the Tasmanian wilderness to hunt for the last Tasmanian tiger. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but its in my queue...

Edited by Dark5, 24 June 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#10    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I wonder how many people would give a second glance to seeing a Passenger Pigeon today?

Edited to add: Welcome to UM and thanks for the video. Nice find.

Edited by xsas, 03 July 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

#11    sea-dove

sea-dove

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

I dont think I'd believe it if I heard that a Wooly Mammoth had been found. A toad species  (Rainbow Toad) got found which was thought to be extinct for almost 90 years.  http://news.national...nimals-science/

Also tagged with cryptozoology, cryptids, video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users