Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scary Whisper in my ear

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

• “Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
    ― John F. Kennedy

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 27 November 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

If it happens again relax and adopt a go with flow attitude. Just observe do not react. You might be in for some mega surprises.
Thank u. You have a good point. What else can I do anyways but just  go with it.  luckily this specific thing has never happened again. Jjust other weird crap, that I don't mind. :-)

#17    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

• “Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
    ― John F. Kennedy

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

View PostDamrod, on 27 November 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Errr...that last post sounded really bad when I read it while ago....sorry....ignore that last comment...er...most of it anyway...

But in all seriousness... our brains know how to get our attention... and can and will use imagery it thinks is going to achieve that end...don't be scared by it...it is just your "never sleeping" consciousness trying to speak to your everyday mind...and it tends to use weird things to do so....

It is not an enemy, it is just reaching out...it is your higher self...trying to talk to you...don't be afraid...try to listen...and don't take it too serious...it will use extreme imagery to get your attention on even minor things...
no worries about last post...I was wondering what that was about. In ref. To "higher self"- you know that is interesting. I was not doing that great then, I was making crappy decisions for my own selfish reasons with ou consideration for others. Could've been a "wake up" call. Luckily I got on a better path shortly after that. :-)

#18    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

The brain is a funny organ...it does odd things to get us through the day as unscathed and undamaged as possible...

I rarely remember my dreams... but when I do, they are usually quite strange and enigmatic...so when I do remember them...I will sometimes drop them on here for opinion sake...I never take them at face value but I do realize they are our 'higher selves" trying to communicate with our lower, mundane...day to day selves and therefore there is probably something within them we need to recognize.  Imagery can be as vague as a fog bank...so it is good to get opinions on what it might mean or how it can be interpreted...

Edited by Damrod, 04 December 2011 - 03:15 AM.

#19    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

― John F. Kennedy

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

Damrod, I've read the word "higher self" many times. I'm just not quite understanding what it is. What is the Higher Self to you? I've read about it but am still confused on the whole concept. I just thought we simply have a soul in us and possibly spirit guides. Nothing separate. Would love to know your thoughts on that...whenever u feel like it. I hope you are well and having a fabulous weekend

#20    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

Wow...the Higher self...

I have some deep thoughts on it...but...

It is our true-est manifestation of ourselves...our pure being...free of popular thought and social expectation...our internal compass of what is good and what is not.

The true self or "higher self" is that part of us that knows what is right and wrong even when we fool ourselves and do something different.  It knows when we cheat and when we look the other way to our own advantage....

I a not a religious person but I do read theology across the borders....I think the key to all of this is in searching out the truth of the many ideals....The tower of Babel and the confounding of languages was a metaphor...a story to describe the separation of the truth...within all religions lies a fragment of the lost truth....only when you can read and appreciate them all will the door to knowledge be opened to you...

After you realize this...your mind is open to the infinite possibility that...yes...there is a being out there watching over us....is it the creator?....well...we don't know....but there is something there...is it benign or malevolent?....we can only hope we understand it's goals...

don't hate...be patient and kind...that is all you will ever need

#21    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

View PostNoLoveCity187, on 18 October 2011 - 06:49 AM, said:

Gotta say this sounds like bull.
Were you there? I don't think so.

I heard whispers calling my name when I was walking from my kitchen to my bedroom. It came from the window in my house that points to the back yard. I've heard howling back there also.. It was a sad mournful cry-nonhuman and not of any animal(and I know many animal cries. I used to study about them extensively.)

It's hard to be a skeptic when you know that there are really things out there, and that there's no physical proof. There's no physical proof of alot of things that people believe in.

#22    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

disbelievers are silly till they come face to face with the unexplainable....

I have been privileged to see things that there is no real/current explanation for....something happened...that much is sure....people cant offer credible explanations....

No worries....everyone needs to come face to face with the other side and allow themselves to figure it out on their own...

Edited by Damrod, 04 December 2011 - 05:04 AM.

#23    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

View PostDamrod, on 04 December 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

disbelievers are silly till they come face to face with the unexplainable....

I have been privileged to see things that there is no real/current explanation for....something happened...that much is sure....people cant offer credible explanations....

No worries....everyone needs to come face to face with the other side and allow themselves to figure it out on their own...
I've also been priviledged.. Quite a few times.
most people won't believe unless they've experienced things themselves.

#24    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

― John F. Kennedy

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

[quote name='Damrod' timestamp='1322973653' post='4134171']

It is our true-est manifestation of ourselves...our pure being...free of popular thought and social expectation...our internal compass of what is good and what is not.

The true self or "higher self" is that part of us that knows what is right and wrong even when we fool ourselves and do something different.  It knows when we cheat and when we look the other way to our own advantage....

I a not a religious person but I do read theology across the borders....I think the key to all of this is in searching out the truth of the many ideals....The tower of Babel and the confounding of languages was a metaphor...a story to describe the separation of the truth...within all religions lies a fragment of the lost truth....only when you can read and appreciate them all will the door to knowledge be opened to you...

After you realize this...your mind is open to the infinite possibility that...yes...there is there...is it benign or malevolent?....we can only

Damrod, so Higher self is pure, ego free.  Could higher self be the definition of a soul? Lol. I Know I could just keep asking questions with every single response from you. U really get me thinking. ;-)

#25    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,529 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 28 November 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

Thank u. You have a good point. What else can I do anyways but just  go with it.  luckily this specific thing has never happened again. Jjust other weird crap, that I don't mind. :-)
Well if you want to dive into it. You can turn sleep pralysis or hypnogogic events into out of body experiences. It's quite amazing. Flying, walking through walls. The sky is not the limit.  I have a tutoral on my blog a coulpe pages back. " a man awake"

Edited by Seeker79, 05 December 2011 - 01:58 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#26    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

― John F. Kennedy

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 05 December 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

Well if you want to dive into it. You can turn sleep pralysis or hypnogogic events into out of body experiences. It's quite amazing. Flying, walking through walls. The sky is not the limit.  I have a tutoral on my blog a coulpe pages back. " a man awake"
thank you, I'll check it out. I was told by a psychic that I astral travel. of course that caught me off guard since i have no recollection of being in my home, going through walls, seeing a silver cord ect... Only of being in foreign places around people I don't know.

#27    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,529 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 05 December 2011 - 02:38 AM, said:

thank you, I'll check it out. I was told by a psychic that I astral travel. of course that caught me off guard since i have no recollection of being in my home, going through walls, seeing a silver cord ect... Only of being in foreign places around people I don't know.
Everyone does a little bit. Remembering is the problem.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#28    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,965 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

higher self = soul

Your soul consciousness retains every memory, experience, lesson, past life, talent and ability that you have ever mastered/earned over many life times and it is the single thing which stays constant and with you each lifetime. The thing with it is that you have to bridge the connection to your higher self. But yes there is ego to contend and old belief systems/societal programming to break down before it can be done, because our ego mind does not want to give up control.  When this is achieved it is called 'awakening' and those who have done it then awake to the reality of what really is, their truth, truth of the world etc. It's a very life changing and healing thing to go through abd is really just the start of stepping into your own self empowerment.

Edited by AnVil, 07 December 2011 - 08:02 AM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#29    dreamgoddess11

dreamgoddess11

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

― John F. Kennedy

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

[quote name='AnVil' timestamp='1323244851' post='4136988']
higher self = soul

Your soul consciousness retains every memory, experience, lesson, past life, talent and ability that you have ever mastered/earned over many life times and it is the single thing which stays constant and with you each lifetime. The thing with it is that you have to bridge the connection to your higher self. But yes there is ego to contend and old belief systems/societal programming to break down before it can be done, because our ego mind does not want to give up control.  When this is achieved it is called 'awakening' and those who have done it then awake to the reality of what really is, their truth, truth of the world etc. It's a very life changing and healing thing to go through abd is really just the start of stepping into your own self empowerment.
[/quote

As I was reading this I just wonder why the heck we are blocked off from our higher self at all. & since most are blocked, are we meant to look deep & open up to things we are blocked from. It's just so damn overwhelming for me, there is SO Much information out there. I find myself trying to find truth and instead only find more questions, theories ect. I'm sure there is at least a little bit of truth in every idea, but to filter through it all is tough. There are so many folks on here that seem to believe they have the answers, but I just am not satisfied.

#30    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

View Postdreamgoddess11, on 07 December 2011 - 08:37 AM, said:

As I was reading this I just wonder why the heck we are blocked off from our higher self at all. & since most are blocked, are we meant to look deep & open up to things we are blocked from. It's just so damn overwhelming for me, there is SO Much information out there. I find myself trying to find truth and instead only find more questions, theories etc. I'm sure there is at least a little bit of truth in every idea, but to filter through it all is tough. There are so many folks on here that seem to believe they have the answers, but I just am not satisfied.

I really don't mean to proclaim to have any answers for anyone, it's just the way I think things are.  I have my own view of reality and the cosmos and it doesn't fit into any particular school of thought or philosophy.  As I said, I believe there are some fundamental truths in all the world's religions...( I do believe there is something out there beyond our comprehension but I don't begin to say I know what it is nor do I believe any human being can speak of such a thing and pretend to understand it or speak on it's behalf)...I believe there is unusual phenomena that happens that people experience and are left to grasp for some kind of explanation and no one can say what it is they experienced beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Things happen...I think everyone on these boards from "true believer" to "hardcore skeptic/cynic" will agree... and there are those 1 in a million occurrences that there is just no known explanation for.

If I had to guess why we are "forgetful" or "blocked off" from our higher self...I'd say it is to continue learning and absorbing without carrying forward a "preconceived" expectation of how things work or how things "ought to be".  Fresh and open eyes.

When I said I had been privileged to odd things, I don't necessarily mean spooky, spiritual, paranormal, etc...just odd quirky things that when looked at statistically speaking, the odds of such circumstances occurring are really-really out there...but that's another story altogether.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users