Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

18 times more topics in TV forum than here

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    ninjacat

ninjacat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

Yeah it is kind of sad nobody reads anymore. I find that most books are better than the movies that follow. I like the old classics. When I go to the library I search for the beat up looking books with no pictures on the cover. That's how I know it's what I'll like.

#17    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

Although I read mostly non fiction books about 2 a week, there are few authors out there who attracted my ecclectic attention like Neil Stevenson, Tony Hillerman with an entirely different genre.  On fiction book that left a mark with an all together different  type of story would be Mqrk Frost's List of 7.  He is more known for his TV serie Twin Peak (which I admit seeing once on DVD), but the book is awesome.  Currenrly I'm reading Edouard Shuré's Great Initiates, a very intelligent work.

Edited by Paracelse, 11 March 2012 - 07:46 AM.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#18    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,153 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

View Posttapirmusic, on 30 December 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

Kind of sad...

Well, I love to read.
How about some suggestions?

I'll read fiction or non-fiction.
My favorites are horror :)

I can only suggest all of Stephen King......

As for your topic, I really think technology is/jhas ruining/ruined  the world myself.........But that is another topic :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

i'm reminded of a saying, there's no crime in not knowing how to read, the crime is knowing how but choosing not to..

i guess it only hurts the person who chooses not to read? (..and those stuck interacting with him/her? hehe)

these days i cheat and get audiobooks for my mp3 player.. most of them are doco's and lectures tho'

the wheel of time series by robert jordan is my current love, i'm finding a lot of parallels to real world mythology and religions in them too, only on the 4th book now but i'm yet to be dissapointed (they're more fantasy than horror)

...technology is/jhas ruining/ruined the world...
i know what you mean.. but without it, we wouldn't be having this interchange? (almost typed 'discussion' hehe)

..it's just the love of convenience associated with it (tech) that's done the damage.. it's like,, all those devices ought to have come with warning labels [this is going to **** up your life, use at own risk] ..but then, i think this was intended with the advent (and stagnation) of technology [..there's another topic]

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#20    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostSakari, on 23 March 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

I can only suggest all of Stephen King......

Generally, IMO, Stephen King's best work he wrote between 1974 through 1984, read all of this (I didnt like Firestarter and Christine however). He was slamming em outta the park. After IT, he begins to hit alot of grounders and foul balls. I like very few of his books after IT.

As far as Dark Tower books go, the first four books is really all one needs to read even though the story remains incomplete.

Stephen King is an excellent short story writer BUT I only love his first three collections, Night Shift, Different Seasons, Skeleton Crew... and including Nightmares & Dreamscapes. After that there is alot of meh.

Edited by dside, 30 April 2012 - 05:54 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users