Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raptor Witness

Were Bible Prophets Enemies of the State?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bible Prophets provide aid or comfort to Israel's enemies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - explain below
  2. 2. Would prophesying the rise of ISIS provide comfort to a U.S. enemy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - explain below
  3. 3. Is prophesying against the U.S. protected by freedom of religion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - explain below

It's a fairly straight forward question; however, the real difficulty comes when you ask the question of .... aiding the terrorists, or providing comfort to them.

By definition ....

Aid and Comfort

To render assistance or counsel. Any act that deliberately strengthens or tends to strengthen enemies of the United States, or that weakens or tends to weaken the power of the United States to resist and attack such enemies is characterized as aid and comfort.

In several instances that I can recall, Israel's enemies were prophesied to "come against them," which clearly provides comfort to the enemy. Given that many of these men reportedly spoke publicly for years, this would have easily found its way back to the "enemy."

My argument would be that in the case of ISIS, it would make a difference if the forecast was made before or after their "rise." A forecast of triumph could be viewed as comfort, unless the intent was to warn the state of danger.

As for the freedom of religion trumping treason, I think the Westboro Baptist Church has already demonstrated this argument, repeatedly.

Edited by Raptor Witness

To render assistance or counsel. Any act that deliberately strengthens or tends to strengthen enemies of the United States, or that weakens or tends to weaken the power of the United States to resist and attack such enemies is characterized as aid and comfort.

By technical definition anyone who buys, sells or uses a condom effectively weakens the USA's power because they prevent another powerful American from happening.

And each new Powerful American would in turn Strengthen America.

Just saying.

edit;

One could even use that definition to argue that Mc-y-D's is actively working to undermine all American Military Power by saying that salty-fatty food induced obesity prevents America from fielding a lean, fit non-lumbering army.

Hell, Hallmark strengthens the power of terrorists by reducing the amount of available oxygen because they use paper and gas to transport the paper...and...where is the ink made? International ink cartels? Carbon pirates off the coast of 3rd world nations?

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 1

I think the whole point of warning that Israel's enemies would rise against them was to warn Israel so that they'd be prepared. Surely that's (attempting to) assist Israel.They may well have told the leaders of Israel that they were complacent and unprepared, but that's hardly bigging up the enemy, is it. Just like with ISIS; any fool could have seen that there'd be any number of elements that would fight for dominance in the chaos following the US' destruction of Iraq (and their trying their hardest to do so in Syria), and that the biggest and best motivated would become dominant.

• Like 1

There were two types of Biblical Prophets (and damn it I can't remember the proper names given to them by Biblical Scholars, I used to know when I did my Certificate 4 in Catholic Theology) basically, one says "this is going to happen" and the other says "you're all doomed because you've p***ed off God because of X and Y!".

Daniel was the former, he spoke of, for and with God.

Ezekiel was the later, he stood on a street corner and told everyone exactly how deep the creek was, and why they were in it without any paddles.

• Like 2

If anyone was aiding & comforting ISIS, you might say it was the neocons themselves; at the very least their obssession with toppling Assad and refusing any notion of co-operation with Iran is counterproductive, and surely it's hard to escape the whiff of suspicion that they secretly want ISIS to succeed.

• Like 2

It's a fairly straight forward question; however, the real difficulty comes when you ask the question of .... aiding the terrorists, or providing comfort to them.

By definition ....

Aid and Comfort

In several instances that I can recall, Israel's enemies were prophesied to "come against them," which clearly provides comfort to the enemy. Given that many of these men reportedly spoke publicly for years, this would have easily found its way back to the "enemy."

My argument would be that in the case of ISIS, it would make a difference if the forecast was made before or after their "rise." A forecast of triumph could be viewed as comfort, unless the intent was to warn the state of danger.

As for the freedom of religion trumping treason, I think the Westboro Baptist Church has already demonstrated this argument, repeatedly.

I may be a little confused here, but....

Are you asking if people who wrote the bible, "prophets", in the Middle East, thousands of years ago...... were/are enemies of the state to the USA which didn't exist at the time?

By definition ....

Aid and Comfort

in most cases a prophet's prophecy that an enemy would defeat the Israelites was more of a warning. if you don't behave this will happen. other times it was to late to stop the event.

• Like 1

If anyone was aiding & comforting ISIS™, you might say it was the neocons themselves; at the very least their obssession with toppling Assad and refusing any notion of co-operation with Iran is counterproductive, and surely it's hard to escape the whiff of suspicion that they secretly want ISIS™ to succeed.

then why is obama refusing to do anything to actually stop them. i also guess your with obama in that it is ok if iran gets a nuclear weapon. obama is the one giving aid and comfort to the enemy. isis by refusing to act to stop them, iran by refusing to stop them from getting a nuke. china by permitting them to continue to pollute their country and all countries down wind of them, ie the usa.

then why is obama refusing to do anything to actually stop them. i also guess your with obama in that it is ok if iran gets a nuclear weapon. obama is the one giving aid and comfort to the enemy. isis by refusing to act to stop them, iran by refusing to stop them from getting a nuke. china by permitting them to continue to pollute their country and all countries down wind of them, ie the usa.

Who are you talking about? ISIS™ or Iran? Who do you consider is the more important threat? or do you follow the Neocons' fantasy belief that they can take out one, then the other, and so on, until all threats have been resolved? And what's China got to do with anything, unless you really are suggesting that Uncle Sam goes to war with them next to stop them polluting the environment? :cry: Edited by Valdemar the Great

Who are you talking about? ISIS™ or Iran? Who do you consider is the more important threat? or do you follow the Neocons' fantasy belief that they can take out one, then the other, and so on, until all threats have been resolved? And what's China got to do with anything, unless you really are suggesting that Uncle Sam goes to war with them next to stop them polluting the environment? :cry:

they are both threats, to the usa. as for china, obama just agreed to allow them to continue to pollute as they are for the next 20 years well we have to cut back even more. which will cost us jobs. but he and it seems you don't care about there being jobs in the usa.

Does that have anything at all to do with prophets or treason or ISIS or anything at all that this thread is about, although it is admittedly difficult to be sure what this thread is about?

It feels like this thread just crashed into a building...

There were two types of Biblical Prophets (and damn it I can't remember the proper names given to them by Biblical Scholars, I used to know when I did my Certificate 4 in Catholic Theology) basically, one says "this is going to happen" and the other says "you're all doomed because you've p***ed off God because of X and Y!".

Daniel was the former, he spoke of, for and with God.

Ezekiel was the later, he stood on a street corner and told everyone exactly how deep the creek was, and why they were in it without any paddles.

There's actually a third type, who can "Make it So."

Does that have anything at all to do with prophets or treason or ISIS or anything at all that this thread is about, although it is admittedly difficult to be sure what this thread is about?

only the treason of obama. and it was predicted that babylon would rise from the dead. which is what is happening. iraqs fall is due to obama pulling all troops out, leaving a vacuum. everyone wanted to know when we going to bring our troops home from iraq. i want to know when are our occuping force of germany going to come home.

I may be a little confused here, but....

Are you asking if people who wrote the bible, "prophets", in the Middle East, thousands of years ago...... were/are enemies of the state to the USA which didn't exist at the time?

The question is, would the Old Testament prophets be considered "enemies of the state" today, under our current definition of providing aid and comfort to an enemy. Would it be treason today?

I hope that helps.

only the treason of obama. and it was predicted that babylon would rise from the dead. which is what is happening. iraqs fall is due to obama pulling all troops out, leaving a vacuum. everyone wanted to know when we going to bring our troops home from iraq. i want to know when are our occuping force of germany going to come home.

NewBabylon's underlying goal is the same, which is to build a man-made bridge to Heaven. That's how you identify her. The Tower of Babel is rebuilt, but the penalty; the second go around, is her destruction by fire in about an hour. The first penalty, as you recall, was the confusion of speech to PREVENT THE REBUILDING OF THE BRIDGE OR TOWER.

This destruction by fire could be natural, but also nuclear, given the amount of time allotted.

If the first Tower of Babel was offensive to God, the second will be, as well.

Edited by Raptor Witness

NewBabylon's underlying goal is the same, which is to build a man-made bridge to Heaven. That's how you identify her. The Tower of Babel is rebuilt, but the penalty; the second go around, is her destruction by fire in about an hour. The first penalty, as you recall, was the confusion of speech to PREVENT THE REBUILDING OF THE BRIDGE OR TOWER.

This destruction by fire could be natural, but also nuclear, given the amount of time allotted.

If the first Tower of Babel was offensive to God, the second will be, as well.

this may be true. but it has to be reborn first, and someone has to find the city of babel.

Edited by danielost

The question is, would the Old Testament prophets be considered "enemies of the state" today, under our current definition of providing aid and comfort to an enemy. Would it be treason today?

I hope that helps.

Yes, I see what you mean now.

I don't think they'd be considered enemies of the state, any more than (present day) conspiracy theorists who predict the actions of the illuminati...

Forecasting the end of Manifest Destiny is like forecasting the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. You'll be labeled an "enemy," I can assure you.

RAY CHARLES LYRICS

Play "America The Beautif…"

"America The Beautiful"

Oh beautiful, for heroes proved,

In liberating strife,

Who more than self, our country loved,

And mercy more than life,

America, America, may God thy gold refine,

Till all success be nobleness

And every gain devined.

And you know when I was in school,

We used to sing it something like this, listen here:

Oh beautiful, for spacious skies,

For amber waves of grain,

For purple mountain majesties,

Above the fruited plain,

But now wait a minute, I'm talking about

America, sweet America,

You know, God done shed his grace on thee,

He crowned thy good, yes he did, in a brotherhood,

From sea to shining sea.

You know, I wish I had somebody to help me sing this

(America, America, God shed his grace on thee)

America, I love you America, you see,

My God he done shed his grace on thee,

And you oughta love him for it,

Cause he, he, he, he, crowned thy good,

He told me he would, with brotherhood,

(From sea to shining sea).

Oh Lord, oh Lord, I thank you Lord

(Shining sea).

The song "America the Beautiful" only refers to Manifest Destiny in one line.

"From Sea to Shining Sea"

On April 21, 2007 a Blue Angel jet fighter fell from the sky during an air show near Beaufort, SC as the song above was playing.

It crashed at the exact moment Ray Charles sang this line in the song.

Only one spectator recorded the moment the plane went down.

She was approached later by two people about the film, but they were not military.

One was a Ufologist who claimed he found evidence of an "observer craft" in the footage.

The other was a man who had publicly written a great deal about aviation as the pinnacle of Manifest Destiny, forecasting its end only three weeks prior, using that exact line in the song.

Now, imagine this man living in a retired Air Force base town, surrounded by Air Force retirees. Do they leave him alone?

Edited by Raptor Witness

And that proves, or heralded, the end of Manifest Destiny? So has Manifest Destiny ended then?

And that proves, or heralded, the end of Manifest Destiny? So has Manifest Destiny ended then?

i think it ended when the USA stopped expanding.

stopped expanding? What news sources have you been watching? I think those in positions of power are very keen to keep it expanding; Iraq: check, Libya: check; coming up next: Syria, then Iran ... (and of course, through NATO and the EU, it pretty much dictates what Europe does regarding foreign policy)... I think it's still spreading its Destiny all over the world for the benefit of mankind.

stopped expanding? What news sources have you been watching? I think those in positions of power are very keen to keep it expanding; Iraq: check, Libya: check; coming up next: Syria, then Iran ... (and of course, through NATO and the EU, it pretty much dictates what Europe does regarding foreign policy)... I think it's still spreading its Destiny all over the world for the benefit of mankind.

really, which of those places have become territories of the usa. we only have one more possible state.

The confusion of speech was very unusual punishment, aimed not at men per se, but at their technology.

Isaiah 14:13

For thou hast said in thine heart,

I will ascend into heaven,

I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;

I will be like the most High.

5368987267_18f446e4ba_b.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness