Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Kate Middleton is not a Princess!

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#46    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,028 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostJ. K., on 16 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

I can't imagine how our actors' assumed British accents sound to you.  I can't speak for the rest of my society, but my exposure to British accents is mostly through Monty Python and the Goon Show.  For the most part, we lack understanding of the social context implied in your range of accents.
British accents also vary depending which part of Britain the person comes from.

Posted Image

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 16 January 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Cant find that one but heres something similar -

Now that is classic comedy.. I love Only Fools and Horses..  

I used to love to hear Uncle Albert say - "During the war...."

Best scene ever has to be this one...

Pure gold  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 January 2013 - 05:14 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 16 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

British accents also vary depending which part of Britain the person comes from.

Yeah Scousers -

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 16 January 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Yeah Scousers -

I find it hard to understand John Bishop ..I like him ok but sometimes it is hard to know what he is saying.. De doo dey dont de doe ?  lol

I also struggle a little with the Geordies..  Poor Cheryl Cole...Rowing her way home from the USA  X Factor :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#50    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,826 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Those are just royal titles bestowed by the privileged family that reinforce this whole antiquated notion of bloodlines.  That you're discussing them in so much detail at all trying to rationalize its usage says a lot.  Her title is Duchess of Cambridge, not "Princess".

http://en.wikipedia....ss_of_Cambridge

She will hopefully be bestowed the title of Princess when the Queen dies and she becomes the wife of the heir to the magic blood chair called the throne.  Unless of course, the King doesn't want her to be.  He's got the magic blood after all.  

She's a "Duchess", she's no "Lady", and she's a hopeful Princess in waiting but no "Princess".  

I know what you're thinking.  If one's thinking is that "Well I don't believe in all that bloodline nonsense; however, she's married to the Prince so she's the Princess to me!" then actually, yeah, you have to believe in the bloodline nonsense to even be saying that at all.   Marriage to the bloodline (e.g. the "Prince") is the point of all this silliness in the UK, it can't be denied away.  How these titles of "Lord", "Lady", and "Princess" are dealt with exposes just how ridiculous the UK still is with their beloved monarchy.

.. and what you did not take away from my post is the simple, Heraldic, explanation of titles and what they confer.

I am a Republican, always have been, and find the whole monarchy issue rather tedious. There are however, certain, Constitutional points that needed to be made,

#51    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 January 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

I find it hard to understand John Bishop ..I like him ok but sometimes it is hard to know what he is saying.. De doo dey dont de doe ?  lol

I also struggle a little with the Geordies..  Poor Cheryl Cole...Rowing her way home from the US X Factor :P

How about understanding Rab -

I can actually follow what hes saying believe it or not lol.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 16 January 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 16 January 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

How about understanding Rab -

I can actually follow what hes saying believe it or not lol.

I can understand many Scottish people, but not Rab C Nesbit ..good grief no lol.. I think I would have needed subtitles !!

I am a huge fan of Billy Connely  ( who isn't ? ) because not only can I understand him, but he is funny...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 January 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#53    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for posting those example, I'm anxious to hear them later.  If you find one, could you please post an example of what you referred to as the "royal" accent?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#54    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 January 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

There is no right gender in Britain.
So you're revamping your prior claim that Harry is the heir to the throne if William dies?

It's not so much the nitty gritty of how the blood rules work, it's that they work at all.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#55    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,511 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostHasina, on 14 January 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

My question is, why would Americans even care?

Edit: Not about your thread Yamato, what I mean is why do we give a hoot about the 'royal family'?

For the same reason people seem so infatuated with every detail about those Kardasian females... (not trying to imply that Kate Middleton is in ANY way to be considered to be like a Kardasian...)

#56    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostYamato, on 16 January 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

So you're revamping your prior claim that Harry is the heir to the throne if William dies?

It's not so much the nitty gritty of how the blood rules work, it's that they work at all.

If Kate has a kid first, boy or girl then William will not be the next in line. In view that the kid is still in the works, he still is. And if instead of a William it would be a Williamette she would also be the next in line.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#57    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

What's so buttered popcorn about this topic are the reactions of:  "How dare I talk about this, while the Brits do it!".   And that's a good enough reason to discuss this topic already.   Seriously, I think we need to come to terms with this ancient societal bigotry and deal with it in a modern way.   As if, they can have their pomp and privilege, and what would an American know of such things?   Well around 230 years ago we blew it away.  Now it's like we can't even talk about it!   Unless we're kissing its butt and buying it off our shelves of course, well bugger that!  This thread isn't buying anything and it's not going to hide either.   See folks, things are different over here.   We have this thing, it's called the 1st Amendment, and like the 2nd Amendment, it's still in force.   It protects controversial speech and ideas, not the politically correct herd-like behavior that everyone can too readily accept  i.e. buying magazines with pictures of Princess Diana off the shelf.  

We pee on the wall to no end about American culture on this message board, let's wear the shoe on the other foot and act like we have some tolerance for taking what we put out.   :)

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#58    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostJ. K., on 16 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Thanks for posting those example, I'm anxious to hear them later.  If you find one, could you please post an example of what you referred to as the "royal" accent?

Fake Royal accents -

#59    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Southerner accent -

#60    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostTaun, on 16 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

For the same reason people seem so infatuated with every detail about those Kardasian females... (not trying to imply that Kate Middleton is in ANY way to be considered to be like a Kardasian...)
No real talent? Lucked into becoming famous? The similarities are startling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users