Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Put Up or Shut Up

Cufflink

Since I joined this site last year, I have noticed a number of individuals, for whatever reasons, claiming to have mastery of supernatural powers.

I'm not talking people with true dreams, random visions, sixth sense, etc, that they have no control over. I'm talking about those who reckon they can use their powers at will.

James Randi is offering 1 million dollars to these people. Just show up, demonstrate your powers under properly observed conditions, and walk away with a cool 1 million dollars.

So...time to put up or shut up, folks. Click on the link below, and prove to us all that you really do have paranormal powers.

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Just watch those excuses start...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• Xenojjin

• dancin'hamster

• Fluffybunny

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA I will prove once and for all that I can...get back to you about whatever amazing power I make up.... whistling2.gif

That or you can face my army of ZOMBIE PENGUINS!

Seriously folks...I don't get why anyone would claim to have supernatural powers in the first place. Thats almost as bad as scaming money off people by claiming to be a faith healer.

I think I heard something similar to this. Some dude buried a whole lot of money on his property and invited supposed 'telepaths' to come and read his mind to find where he buried it. He charged $1000 for willing participants - to discourage those who were just out to waste his time.

blink.gif

Haha.

Xeno...you surprise me...you, with your might psion powers, are capable only of a ":lol:" go claim the million, go on grin2.gif

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 1 million dollar down the drain i cant do any of these power maybe i could but i dont know plus also usually these supernatural ability cant be demostrated if you are gonna use it to get rich or become a powerful person

aha! the million is mine! i have the power to.....uhm...ANNOY!!!!

as demonstrated in most of my posts.

hmmmm, maybe that wouldnt get the million.

My power is....being able to tell if someone is full of it. Will I get that money?....

I already did. tongue.gif

Xeno...you surprise me...you, with your might psion powers, are capable only of a ":lol:" go claim the million, go on grin2.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

He hasn't thought of his excuse yet...

ohmy.gif

Cuffy ~ you surprise me!

You being a fluffy-believer an' all!

laugh.gif

I actually detest James Randi as much as I detest fake mediums.

*blows big raspberry at them all*

Hammy x x x

ohmy.gif

Cuffy ~ you surprise me!

You being a fluffy-believer an' all!

laugh.gif

*blows big raspberry at them all*

Hammy x x x

laugh.gif

Hams, I am a believer, and I also detest James Randi...But...

There are a number of individuals on this site (and they know damn well who they are), who profess mastery of amazing powers, and boast of it where possible.

To them, they may be boasting to make themselves feel good. I'd call it lying. We discuss such incredible, difficult to grasp topics on these pages, it is the duty of every member to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

When someone spouts crap like having control of paranormal powers, they just make that job more difficult.

blink.gif

good point well made

I covered this topic a while back, here is my results:

QUOTE (Xenojjin @ Dec 15 2003, 02:49 PM)

If I did do it I would use heat energy ( pyrokenisis ) to warm up my body temperature , but I would still never ever do this .

I really don't want them or many of the others around me to know , and a site like James randi's would just bassically screw my life over . Its not worth it to me . 

So let me see if I have this straight...

You folks have these amazing abilities to move items with your minds? You can heat up objects?

Skills that up throughout history have been scoffed at and ridiculed. You have the ability to change history and peoples perceptions of the powers of the human mind. You could show the entire world that humans are capable of so much more than what is currently accepted.

To confirm these skills would be a ground breaking, history making event. Others with your skills would be validated, no one would have to feel odd or left out for being able to perform these telekenetic acts.

You could have one million dollars to spend on any charity of your choice, you could feed hundreds of thousands of hungry people around the world...

The reason you don't want to do the above is:

1. "We don't like publicity at all".

and

2. Your family would be upset.

Hmmm, well Xeno, I guess you got me there. Looking at it that way, I guess it makes total sense. Lord knows all those starving people in Uganda wouldn't want you to have to endure uncomfortable silence at the Christmas dinner table...Don't knock yourself out if you are comfortable with your life...

Ahem... 

It sounds a bit odd that not one single person has been able to prove themselves as having the ability to move/alter/shift/heat/chill material with their minds. Plenty of stories; plenty of claims...no one has come forward to show their skills...

Heck, on this website alone there seems to be several people who claim to have this skill, it seems like someone should be able to step forward and show their skills to the world. If we have so many telekinetic people on this board alone, there should be lots more around the world who have the same skills as the folks here...

I am really open to pretty much any paranormal claim, but telekenisis just seems to fall flat when one looks at the evidence. There are some wonderful books on the subject of psychic powers that delve into telekenisis. I have read several, and really given some thought to the matter.

In nearly every case that I read about, the ability of telekenisis came from either questionable sources, flat out liars, old information handed down verbally over decades that could have been embellished, or came from second-hand sources.

I just don't buy it.

I hope I didn't cut and paste too much material, but it tells where my thoughts on the subject are at...

The reason no one has passed is because this foundation does not believe in psion powers and a non-believer can claim ridiculous reason to any phenomena seen. So no one will win, and those who participate will be mocked. This foundation just wants to prove a point, and pyschic powers do not exist according to their beliefs. But real psions would never subject themselves to anal tests of a this nature. They don't need to prove anything. And besides, the military and secrets govts would be all over them.

But real psions would never subject themselves to anal tests of a this nature.  They don't need to prove anything.  And besides, the military and secrets govts would be all over them.

Real Psions? grin2.gif

Riiiiight.

That argument is overused, and very obvious. It's a charlatan's argument.

It's an excuse to avoid demonstrating the imaginary powers fakers claim to have.

Like I say...to the boasters, put up or shut up. The lies really do need to stop, because it's an insult to this forum, and all the honest members.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

He hasn't thought of his excuse yet...

Clearly still thinking of his excuse... laugh.gif

So do I. There's something about his manner that I find obnoxious every time I see him. (I don't think I'm a 'fluffy believer' either.)

Clearly still thinking of his excuse...

why would I post an lol if I didnt have a reason ? James Randi is an arrogant and closed minded individual as shown in basically all of his work , this thread is hilarious . If you must know my reasons you must PM me .

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifthumbsup.gif

why would I post an lol if I didnt have a reason ? James Randi is an arrogant and closed minded individual as shown in basically all of his work , this thread is hilarious . If you must know my reasons you must PM me .

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifthumbsup.gif

This thread, asking for UM members to be honest, is hilarious, is it, Xenojjin? So that's a bad thing, is it? What an arrogant individual you are.

But you couldn't be honest if you tried, could you? Despite having the following sad little platitude in your signature:

`Be true to yourself , a false life is worse then the most painful death imaginable'

And yet, also in your signature you state you come from Antartica. Which is a lie.

And you boast constantly of superhuman powers, even though both you and I know this is total fiction. Going through your previous posts, I've spotted god knows how many other lies, too.

How can anyone trust a single word you say, if your lies are so outrageous? I would love to know what the moderators think of this. How can we discuss such strange and difficult subjects, if we can't rely on other members being truthful.

I would advise other members to regard everything you say from now on, as totally unreliable, because you appear to be living in a fantasy world.

Ok I think this has gone far enough...

Xenojjin... We have had a few members claiming that they have 'powers that are not natural' And we have asked for proof in one member's case it got to the point that every thread he started was locked because of the outlandish claims that were made...

And all seemed quiet for a while.. I have noticed, myself that it seems to be creeeping back and more younger, newer members are making these claims.

Now not to say that you don't have these powers but you give no proof and expect people to believe you. Now yes the same thing could be levelled at me as an accusation.

But I am fully aware that not every one will believe that I can cast spells as a witch and can make them work.... I'm not that arrogant. Although it comes down to belief and I believe in myself yet I do not force it upon others.

Although some on this forum have seen them work.

You in turn, may believe in yourself, but don't try to force others to your way. That way will always fail.

I will not lock this thread but I will be keeping an eye in it.

I havent really been forcing it on others , just like to help those with questions on psi . I was placing the ideas elsewhere but was asked to stop so I did .

Cufflink , I find it a bit odd someone who believes in ghosts can possibly go on like this ...

But you couldn't be honest if you tried, could you? Despite having the following sad little platitude in your signature:

`Be true to yourself , a false life is worse then the most painful death imaginable'

And yet, also in your signature you state you come from Antartica. Which is a lie.

And you boast constantly of superhuman powers, even though both you and I know this is total fiction. Going through your previous posts, I've spotted god knows how many other lies, too.

Im curious to know how you know for 100% fact these are lies . If you dont believe me then that is fine . I will believe in myself , you shall too . And we both know my Antartica claim is a total joke as I have come clean from that many times yet leave it their .

Maybe my signature means something else you would never think of then ? Every person on this forum has to believe in themselves ... be as true as you can , is it not true that someone can read your posts and go off on you being a schitzo ? Someone could ... but I would never do something like that to anyone on these forums especially you as I have faith in your posts as well . Why do you constantly harass me ? I have tried time and time again to at least in some way be freindly to you , can you at least respect that ?

I wish I could repeat the "Baal Incident" in the bible. That would get his money.

(Some people were worshipping a false diety and the shaman tried to use magic to light a bale, but then some holy dude came and prayed to God, and the bale was lit)

Xeno, where are you from? Why don't you just change your profile? It's easy to do.