Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why End the World

Grandpa Greenman

Why the head long rush by some religions to bring about the destruction of the world. I look outside and I just don't understand. It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the palm trees are waving in the breeze. I love palm trees they are so graceful. Why would anyone want to end all that. Rather than the focus on end the world why not focus on saving it. I would think our job put forth by loving God or Gods would be to protect our home and cherish our beloved Mother.

[attachmentid=28872]

post-7739-1160917523.jpg

Edited by Darkwind

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• Link of Hyrule

• QueenOftheCramped

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because, the belief in some religions is that all others are wrong. Therefore they must convert or die. Its not that they dont enjoy the day as much as you do, they just want everyone else to do it the same way...or die.

go figure.

Who knows. I don't want a "end of the world" thing. I remember someone saying somewhere on here, they people want to ruin it for other people. They want to meet God or whoever they want to meet. -_-; And thus me not believing a "end of the world."

Why the head long rush by some religions to bring about the destruction of the world. I look outside and I just don't understand. It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the palm trees are waving in the breeze. I love palm trees they are so graceful. Why would anyone want to end all that. Rather than the focus on end the world why not focus on saving it. I would think our job put forth by loving God or Gods would be to protect our home and cherish our beloved Mother.

Because they are pessimists and they are unhappy with themselves.

I understand your point of view Darkwind, waking up to the gulf breezes, palm trees fluttering, waves crashing the shore, yeah.... that will make you feel all naturey and lovey-dovey inside. :P

I had a t-shirt once that said, "I am the President of my own %%%%%%g world" with an American flag on top. I thought about that, and how that affects people of that religious basis - on the outlook on the end of a world. How personal it is. But, just to think of the definition of a world can go down to an individual state sometimes in a subtle way. In a way of course no one in a real world really understands personally anyone/everyone in the world period. Nor at one time and place.

So there is the way you can see that there are those that are fanatical, who have a goal in mind to "rule the world" and so perhaps there are those that try to deter that attitude. Who warn of an 'end of the world' due to someone taking over it.

Why not?

So ask yourself if you were a 'world', you wouldn't want someone possessing you, and literally destroying you in the process if they attempted to. Otherwise you woul'd probably fight it/whoever off.

[attachmentid=28876]

Mom :cry:

post-7739-1160932915.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread, Darkwind. I really see no clear reason anyone would want the world to end aside from the influence of religious stories. Some of 'them' are tired of seeing no hard evidence of what they whole-heartedly believe in, so they jump at any chance to bring about the events foretold in their religious stories, no matter how ugly the events are, and how easily they could be avoided. :(

As beautiful as this world is, it also has a dark side to it. War, famine, disease, Walmart. The end of the world will destroy the beauty, but it shall also destroy the darkness. But more importantly, it will replace all these with a new creation even more beautiful than the one we currently have.

And so there are those who praise God for all the wars and the famines and the diseases and the Walmarts because they are a sign that the end is night (a sign to them, at least).

Myself, I pray for the day God's kingdom comes (as Jesus taught how to pray - Our father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done.....). That does include the passing of this world, by default. But I also see great beauty in this world. And I'm not going to go and dance in the street when people are suffering in Iraq. I'm not going to dance in the street when a hurricane wipes out a town, or when a Tsunami wipes out half of Indonesia.

Besides, if the world ends, what will happen to the UM Forums? :devil:

Regards, PA

Nothing material stays the same forever.

There is nothing to be valued in stagnation and rejection of evolution.

Sometimes the only path to change is to be born again.

The old has to dissapear to make room for the new.

Of course the world well change or be destroyed by natural events like big rock from space and what not, unless we get to work and come up with something to prevent it. Nothing last forever, but the big three religions want to have a big war and kill off most of humanity so they can have the world for their religion. Sorry that is not right. Kingdom means a king, which is another thing I’ll pass on. We don't need no stinking king thank you. No the whole concept of kill the nonbelievers and build a kingdom for my god doesn't work for me. I would fight until my last breath to prevent that.

Wars, famine, disease, Walmart, are all things that can be remedied by man if we try.

If we don't have war or armies we save enough money to feed the world, fight disease, and enough left over for the killer rock from space. Walmart is easy don't shop there.

Ever read the writing of the Dala Lama.

http://www.dalailama.com/page.62.htm

[attachmentid=28872]

I'm not so sure that the believers in these religions actually WANT the world to end. I have a feeling that through the easy accessibility of world wide media coverage many people are overwhelmed by world events; The constant stream of news about wars, famines, threaths of diseases, epidemics, climate change, etc, etc, delivered 24/7 right into our living rooms put many in a state of subconscious (or conscious?!) fear about the future, insecurity & helplessness. The world has become so complex, intricate, difficult to understand.

Many governments play on that, as well as, and especially fundamental religions. In their fear, many people turn for easy answers and easy solutions. The offered idea that all the misery of the world is a result of wickedness & living in sin, that the end is nigh and that God will save you if you are "good", seems to be comforting. These religions offer an easy recipe to avert catastrophy: Just follow our rules, and all will be well.

Unfortunately this is an illusion, IMO, and veiles the much more difficult and unpalatable reality that it is our responsibility of having to seek and find our very own truths within ourselves.

By the way, it is quite a common historical phenomenon that in times of great upheaval, social insecurity & unrest "End of the World"-scenarios were flourishing.

Nothing material stays the same forever.

There is nothing to be valued in stagnation and rejection of evolution.

Sometimes the only path to change is to be born again.

The old has to dissapear to make room for the new.

That was really wonderfully said. I just wanted to quote it to say that. Thank you, i'm quite moved.

Of course the world well change or be destroyed by natural events like big rock from space and what not, unless we get to work and come up with something to prevent it. Nothing last forever, but the big three religions want to have a big war and kill off most of humanity so they can have the world for their religion. Sorry that is not right. Kingdom means a king, which is another thing I’ll pass on. We don't need no stinking king thank you. No the whole concept of kill the nonbelievers and build a kingdom for my god doesn't work for me. I would fight until my last breath to prevent that.

Wars, famine, disease, Walmart, are all things that can be remedied by man if we try.

If we don't have war or armies we save enough money to feed the world, fight disease, and enough left over for the killer rock from space. Walmart is easy don't shop there.

Ever read the writing of the Dala Lama.

http://www.dalailama.com/page.62.htm

where does walmart come in with the whole thing? and which 3 religions were you talking about?

where does walmart come in with the whole thing? and which 3 religions were you talking about?

PA included Walmart.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=1391316

I am talking about Abrahams the bloody children, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The Christians and the Muslims have posted many topics about their version for the end of the world.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=1381488

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...t&p=1002050

The Christians are the worse offenders. My Christian friends love to use it to point out that when the end comes I will die a horrible death and go to hell. Nice friends who are my friends no more.

'twas supposed to be a stab at humour. I guess it didn't work. I'll try harder next time - I promise :devil:

I thought it was funny. The Evil Empire of Walmart. They are part of Satan's minions. :devil: