Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post pics of your favorite toys

BiffSplitkins

I didn't want to hijack the 'Old School to the max' thread and thought it would be cool to start a new thread where everyone can post pictures of some of their favorite toys they had when they were kids. :D

Here's one of my favorite toys... I remember using his bionic arm to go into my sister's room and flip over her Barbie Corvette all the time. Boy did that make her mad. :P

linked-image

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• chaoszerg

• BiffSplitkins

• Lt_Ripley

This was one of my sister and mine all time favorite toys ever. The ORIGINAL Fisher Price Castle:

linked-image

Luckily, it was one of those toys my mother couldn't bear to part with an my daughter played with it tirelessly when she was little, and now my nieces 18 months and 5 years old can't wait to come to grandma's to play with it. Very very fond old memories, and very fond new memories too!

I was also a Matchbox car fan. My mom still has most of those too... well, the ones that didn't get buried in the yard that is. LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell

This was one of my sister and mine all time favorite toys ever. The ORIGINAL Fisher Price Castle:

Luckily, it was one of those toys my mother couldn't bear to part with an my daughter played with it tirelessly when she was little, and now my nieces 18 months and 5 years old can't wait to come to grandma's to play with it. Very very fond old memories, and very fond new memories too!

I was also a Matchbox car fan. My mom still has most of those too... well, the ones that didn't get buried in the yard that is. LOL

Wow - I remember that one. I lost a lot of matchbox cars in the yard too... LOL

Here's another one I had that provided hours of fun for me.

linked-image

linked-image

my sister had that !! what was good about having 4 kids is that you got to play with all sorts of toys. I actually didn't get the Rockem Sockem robots or the big wheel - my brothers did , but we played with them anyway.

my sister had this ..... and would get mad cause I'd put it on the same animal and pull that arm on it over and over again ... like so it was always going MOOOOOOOO

linked-image

I used to love playing with the M.U.S.C.L.E men wrestlers when I was a kid, Since I collect old toys now I made sure they were on my to get list of things to buy, here are a few I keep in a plastic case.

linked-image

As a kid I loved Transformers.........my fav was .....linked-image

But when my brother and i played with them..HE...had to be - Optimus Prime....and I had to be the .... Decepticons<--only cuz he liked to beat the baddies LMAO :P

I also loved the A-Team...my bike was covered in A-Team stickers LOL and I even had me one of these....

linked-image.............UNTILL my rotten brother got jealous and crushed it with his bike <_< 5 times...!!!

I also played with.....

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

I loved my Matchbox cars and they were all passed down to my brother. My sister's Fisher Price castle passed to me and then to my brother too. I also loved my Lego and Playmobil!

my sister had this ..... and would get mad cause I'd put it on the same animal and pull that arm on it over and over again ... like so it was always going MOOOOOOOO

Mine didn't have an arm, I had to pull a string which by today's standards is a safety hazzard. I remember if you gave the string a second short tug halfway through playing it would end up playing a different random animal sound because it would 'skip' the recording in the device. ex: The cow says *tug string* "baa-aaah" Such fun. :P

The Big Wheel was one of my favorites, I used to wear holes in the front tire on that thing. My neighbor had the "Green Machine" which I was quite envious of.

More of my favorite toys:

We used to throw these straight up into the air and run like hell. Fortunately we never got hurt, I guess that's probably why they stopped making them... LOL

linked-image

I think I still have this one in my parents attic.

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

I loved that show as a kid... One of my friends dad had a Gran-Torino painted just like the Starsky and Hutch car. It was pretty cool to see it drive by.

Ok - now who didn't have this toy? I remember soaking mine in gasoline and have it drive through a lit puddle of lit gas on the driveway before it would hit the jump... flying flameball Knievel. After a few of those he became Naked Knievel because his clothes were completely torched off. LOL

linked-image

I loved that show as a kid... One of my friends dad had a Gran-Torino painted just like the Starsky and Hutch car. It was pretty cool to see it drive by.

Ok - now who didn't have this toy? I remember soaking mine in gasoline and have it drive through a lit puddle of lit gas on the driveway before it would hit the jump... flying flameball Knievel. After a few of those he became Naked Knievel because his clothes were completely torched off. LOL

linked-image

Not Evil Kinevil LOL............ohh man noo I didnt have that toy :cry: LOL

Say Biff you had quite to imagination LMAO...the whole gasoline stunts ..props and everything LMAO........you knew how to make it come alive LMAO...good on ya :P

Mine didn't have an arm, I had to pull a string which by today's standards is a safety hazzard. I remember if you gave the string a second short tug halfway through playing it would end up playing a different random animal sound because it would 'skip' the recording in the device. ex: The cow says *tug string* "baa-aaah" Such fun. :P

The Big Wheel was one of my favorites, I used to wear holes in the front tire on that thing. My neighbor had the "Green Machine" which I was quite envious of.

More of my favorite toys:

We used to throw these straight up into the air and run like hell. Fortunately we never got hurt, I guess that's probably why they stopped making them... LOL

linked-image

I had the string pull one ! and yes to pull a tug !! lmao. eventually the string gave out. My sister got the newer version.. she's 5 years younger than me.

Big wheels tire getting holes ! yes ! and it not being able to grip too well after a while. I wish they had the back brakes on the one when I was a kid ! trick riding !

and darts ! love that game still ( if you can find a used good old metal tipped set ) lol the danger of trying to get it in that hoop ! with your sibling standing on the other side of it !!

linked-image

OMG my brothers had that ! well something similar . Evil had a place where a firm zip strip was put on the back wheel , you held it firm , pulled the zip and the rear tire would spin like mad then you had to set it down. It flew like a bat out of hell when it ran straight !

how about this ?

linked-image

except no one I ever knew had anything that nice. Usually it was a couple of cinder blocks and a piece of wood in the alley we'd jump our bikes on ............. until poor Mike the show off from down the block zoomed onto it ... came down on his front tire .... bam ... flew off the bike and hit his fore head on the pavement........... lol ......... I've never seen a bigger knot on a kid ! ( he was fine )

Edited by Lt_Ripley

linked-image

OOOOHHHHHHHH i had one of those Evil knevil for years, it worked till it was just a set of wheels, i ran it off everything, best toy ever,

I had the string pull one ! and yes to pull a tug !! lmao. eventually the string gave out. My sister got the newer version.. she's 5 years younger than me.

Big wheels tire getting holes ! yes ! and it not being able to grip too well after a while. I wish they had the back brakes on the one when I was a kid ! trick riding !

and darts ! love that game still ( if you can find a used good old metal tipped set ) lol the danger of trying to get it in that hoop ! with your sibling standing on the other side of it !!

That sounds like fun.I have never heard of - JARTS LOL....my dad was a dart player in his day.and so I played with his darts LMAO.......and yeaaa made a blow pipe and had a blast shooting darts from it......but whne I got caught out...he went balistick on my backside with the slipper :lol: ... I tell ya, my backside was the hottest in town...I think it saw the slipper that often...my mom never had to heat the house :lol:

EDIT.....see when it came to - Fathers day..I was the only kid that feared getting my dad new slippers <------NO WAY was I going to give him more weapons LMAO :lol:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

That sounds like fun.I have never heard of - JARTS LOL....my dad was a dart player in his day.and so I played with his darts LMAO.......and yeaaa made a blow pipe and had a blast shooting darts from it......but whne I got caught out...he went balistick on my backside with the slipper :lol: ... I tell ya, my backside was the hottest in town...I think it saw the slipper that often...my mom never had to heat the house :lol:

EDIT.....see when it came to - Fathers day..I was the only kid that feared getting my dad new slippers <------NO WAY was I going to give him more weapons LMAO :lol:

lol these darts are played on the lawn. you have 2 hula like hoops that lay on the grass and these huge darts , metal tipped , that you lob to get into the hoops. lol great fun . ! really !

lol these darts are played on the lawn. you have 2 hula like hoops that lay on the grass and these huge darts , metal tipped , that you lob to get into the hoops. lol great fun . ! really !

Sounded like a lot of fun

Hey just wanna ask.....did any of you guys not do the following..........

Play water ballon fights LOL?

Put sheets around your necks to play - Superman V's Batman??

Tie ropes to the tree out back and play tarzan?

Make ramps for your bike to show off and preform idiot stunts??

Skateboard??? I used to own a - Back to the Future skateboard....LOL

hahaha, A friend of mine still has a set of the original steel Jarts! We always play Lawn Darts at their place in the summer. So far, we haven't had any major impalements... Yet. LOL, honestly they are totally dangerous. LOL.

This was also one of our favorite games of all time. The original Mouse Trap! hahaha

linked-image

Sounded like a lot of fun

Hey just wanna ask.....did any of you guys not do the following..........

Play water ballon fights LOL?

Put sheets around your necks to play - Superman V's Batman??

Tie ropes to the tree out back and play tarzan?

Make ramps for your bike to show off and preform idiot stunts??

Skateboard??? I used to own a - Back to the Future skateboard....LOL

of course ! we had a huge over 2 story tall cherry tree right next to the back of our house that had a mud porch room . ( laundry room ) it's roof was right under and next to the tree ( we for years would sneak in and out of the house that way .. out the window , on to that flat roof and down the tree. My brothers tied a rope to it and would swing down !

that same tree had a tire swing . My cousin came to stay with us for a week when he was about 10. I was 16 and my brother was 15 when my cousin asked us to swing the tire for him. So we started casually pushing it back and forth ..... Bobby , my cousin , yelled harder ............ OK !!! We started to swing that thing so hard that it was horizontal to the ground , traveling in a circle with bobbys back facing the ground ! we were laughing as was he ............. until the rope broke.......... that tire with him on it flew about 20 feet !!!! he landed on his back with his legs still threw the tire , it on top of him....lmao......... all you heard were moans..... he was fine.

lmao.... I'm laughing thinking about it !

Having been raised on a farm in the early 60s and farmed all my life I think this one was my fav. as a child and still today,

linked-image

Edited by thefinalfrontier

linked-image

linked-image

*hangs her muppet head in shame* LOL I played tiddly winks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Having been raised on a farm in the early 60s and farmed all my life I think this one was my fav. as a child and still today,

linked-image

LMAO I used to have a red tractor.

of course ! we had a huge over 2 story tall cherry tree right next to the back of our house that had a mud porch room . ( laundry room ) it's roof was right under and next to the tree ( we for years would sneak in and out of the house that way .. out the window , on to that flat roof and down the tree. My brothers tied a rope to it and would swing down !

that same tree had a tire swing . My cousin came to stay with us for a week when he was about 10. I was 16 and my brother was 15 when my cousin asked us to swing the tire for him. So we started casually pushing it back and forth ..... Bobby , my cousin , yelled harder ............ OK !!! We started to swing that thing so hard that it was horizontal to the ground , traveling in a circle with bobbys back facing the ground ! we were laughing as was he ............. until the rope broke.......... that tire with him on it flew about 20 feet !!!! he landed on his back with his legs still threw the tire , it on top of him....lmao......... all you heard were moans..... he was fine.

lmao.... I'm laughing thinking about it !

:lol::lol: ha ha I can pic that in my head ripley LMAO too funny glad he was fine LOL

Say did you ever collect and play with these babies.....

linked-image

I had a sack filled with marbles LOL it was a nightmare trying to get them out of the sewer LOL...chewing gum on the end of a stick :lol:

Edited by Beckys_Mom