Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

woman charged; driving 3 km with body on hood

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,646 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 28 November 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

That's called not taking responsibility for your actions.  There is a woman here in BC who was drunk and went into the side of the road killing a little girl who was looking at horses.  The driver will not admit responsibility and keeps fighting her sentence.  She is thinking all about her and what she lost, not what she took away: a little girl's life, the parents' child, etc.  It is sickening that these people cannot look at what they caused and that they took a life.  They are murderers, but they still play the 'poor me card'. :no:

Exactly, they have to remember they made the decision to get in the car while drunk with knowledge they could kill people. Premeditated murder it is. I don't care what you've been through or how much a sob story your life is. It does NOT or ever justify putting lives of innocents at risk or ending them.

What do they expect, a slap on the wrist? They took someone's life by their own hand.

People like this need to take a good, hard look at themselves.

I further can't believe someone is even supporting the person I outlined before after they laughed about killing someone while clearly indicating their colour. Why would you want to support a racist, drink driver who obviously has little regard for human life? A bad person quite simply put.

I really try to emphasise with people and why they act the way they are or do the things they do. But there comes a line, if they cross it, like these people did, they have to take responsibility. Because really if they were in control of themselves and such then these things would never happen (exception of those with mental illnesses). Like people who drink and get violent or drive under true influence should take responsibility and not drink in the first place.

#17    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,726 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

things that make ya go 'hmmm'

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#18    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 28 November 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

Exactly, they have to remember they made the decision to get in the car while drunk with knowledge they could kill people. Premeditated murder it is. I don't care what you've been through or how much a sob story your life is. It does NOT or ever justify putting lives of innocents at risk or ending them.

What do they expect, a slap on the wrist? They took someone's life by their own hand.

People like this need to take a good, hard look at themselves.

I further can't believe someone is even supporting the person I outlined before after they laughed about killing someone while clearly indicating their colour. Why would you want to support a racist, drink driver who obviously has little regard for human life? A bad person quite simply put.

I really try to emphasise with people and why they act the way they are or do the things they do. But there comes a line, if they cross it, like these people did, they have to take responsibility. Because really if they were in control of themselves and such then these things would never happen (exception of those with mental illnesses). Like people who drink and get violent or drive under true influence should take responsibility and not drink in the first place.

That is something I stress to my daughter.  Too bad more parents hadn't taught their children that there are always repercussions.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#19    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

The sad part of this is a person is now dead and she will probably get of with a temporary insanity plea and just get a slap on the wrist. :td:

#20    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostHarlequin Dreamer, on 28 November 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

The sad part of this is a person is now dead and she will probably get of with a temporary insanity plea and just get a slap on the wrist. :td:

Yup, human life means nothing nowadays.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users