Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Famous people who believe in ET and UFOs

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 16 October 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Nixon, the man who took crime off the streets and straight into the Whitehouse is certainly not a good example for themto use in an article.
That Richard Nixon practiced deception when it suited his political ends is well known. I don't perceive any such advantage in his lying about government knowledge of UFOs.

#17    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,841 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

View Post1963, on 16 October 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

Yes there have been many UFO sightings reported over the years by famous people....and of course being a universally recognisable figure does not afford the witness any more validity than is given to the average Joe !...but nevertheless, there is one well known report from one of the world's best known singer/songwriters... Mr John Winston Lennon.
He gave many accounts of what might be called 'a routine ce1' that he and his 'then' girlfriend May Pang had in 1974.....

...I personally find John and May's sighting pretty convincing ...imo, they both exude sincerity on this matter, and since the object was clearly described as being a tangible object with definite shape and in no way suggests that it could have been some kind of atmospheric anomaly or hallucination [my initial thoughts were of the well documented consummation of illicit substances, but I opine that four independent police and six independent newspaper reports seems to curtail this line of thought.] ..compels me to conclude that it was a genuine UFO sighting....but as usual, something as interesting as this brings out the 'crackpot-element' that sadly accompanies the genre of genuine UFO reports that have a big name associated with them...and that is the $$$ making conspiracy theorists. :no: ...that will invent any ludicrous scenario that might just appeal to a certain breed of credulous book-buyers!!...in this case...John was murdered, not by a psychopathic wannabe,... but by the men in black to stop him talking about UFO's?????

Cheers.
Now you gone and done it 1963 ! We will require a Song to go along with that claim ! :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#18    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,115 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 16 October 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Now you gone and done it 1963 ! We will require a Song to go along with that claim ! :whistle:

Here you are old friend....

will that do sir? ;)

Goodnight D.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#19    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,352 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

View Postsergeantflynn, on 16 October 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Ah well , if well-known people believe in UFO`s then they must exist.........
Richard Nixon was not simply a well known person. This is not an argument from authority fallacy. As president of the United States he may have been in a position to be privy to certain information known to the government about UFOs.
When a number of scientists, in fields germane to the question. are willing to endorse the likelihood of extraterrestrial visitation it seems reasonable to take the possibility seriously.

#20    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

• Kapow

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postbassai26, on 16 October 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

our universe is such a vast space, if we are alone would you think its such a waste?

It's not like believing in Santa Claus, it's like looking at facts and figures and making a judgement.

#21    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Famous person- Dick Cheney- I just happened to be listening live this particular day so I can vouch that it was said:

A similar situation happened when Grant Cameron managed to ask Vice President Dick Cheney the UFO briefing question on the Diane Rehm PBS radio program, April 11, 2001.  

Cameron asked Cheney whether he had ever been briefed about UFOs when he was in the government.  To this Cheney replied, "Well, if I had been briefed on it, I'm sure it was probably classified and I couldn't talk about it."

http://www.roswellpr...Clark_UFOs.html

Edited by Scudbuster, 17 October 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#22    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,725 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

Those triangle shape objects that have been reported in the night sky I often wonder aren't secret military craft
because the B2 and F117 are similar in shape. It could be possible they are experimenting with a new propulsion
system that runs silent. However though the disk shape objects go way back and they are a mystery. Did we have
the technology back then to create craft that could fly stable and fly at high rates of speed? If so then one would
think they would declassify those craft eventually like they did the U2, SR71 and Stealth bombers. B2, F117.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#23    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

If you believe in UFOS and ET, then you will attempt to find evidence to support that belief. We work to substantiate our beliefs, that is human nature. To change a belief requires both recognition and the effort to consider alternatives, that is perspective.

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Posthighdesert50, on 17 October 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

If you believe in UFOS and ET, then you will attempt to find evidence to support that belief. We work to substantiate our beliefs, that is human nature. To change a belief requires both recognition and the effort to consider alternatives, that is perspective.

:tu:

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.”

- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Edited by psyche101, 17 October 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postbison, on 16 October 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

That Richard Nixon practiced deception when it suited his political ends is well known. I don't perceive any such advantage in his lying about government knowledge of UFOs.
Or lack of knowledge, like Roswell, it was easier to say it was a spaceship and an alien than let people find out what really was going on behind closed labs.
As for Nixon, if he were not lying for his sake, he was lying for the rest of the government. Many of the UFO's were and still are government and military equipment, and there are many a scientist who would be willing to vouch they are UFOs for the sake of a few million, this is ideal to have a famous person backing up claims, eg: Tom Cruise was a great candidate for a certain cult....once.

Edited by freetoroam, 17 October 2013 - 09:22 AM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#26    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

I've been blessed with witnessing some strange events, but in my 53 years on this planet I have yet to witness one that could not be explained.

Among the phenomena I've been fortunate enough to witness, 3 bolide meteors, (Two in the same shower.  Do you know what the odds are of seeing one in a lifetime is?), the Jan 20th 1990 meteor that streaked across the eastern US, and a Proton-B second stage re-entry (which Aerospace Corp. gave me a sighting confirmation on).  I still watch the skies for that one thing I cannot identify, but I still enjoy the magic of those that I can, reminding me of our place in the universe.

Edited by Kahn, 17 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#27    slaughtr

slaughtr

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

• I Doubt Nothing!!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

ing I found and explanation for ...BS, if you found an answer then you would not be on sites like this one ,apparently you believe something. If some believes we are visited by other places then who are you to question about what they saw or believe. If you are a government official you would be terified to know real thigs but having access to info is vital. For those that believe your not the crazy one it's the folks who think everything is scientificaly proved and skeptic as hell. If you think a sin filled human is the only living thing in this universe then your past skeptic it's called being blindly dumb.

#28    Star Man

Star Man

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

Famous people who just believe in ET and UFOs? I already dancing with them ( most of them are aliens: unknow origins) for 8 years. As alien germs living in space, then aliens should be somewhere or perhaps the ET too.

#29    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

• "The more things change, the more they stay the same".. Snake Plissken

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostKahn, on 17 October 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

I've been blessed with witnessing some strange events, but in my 53 years on this planet I have yet to witness one that could not be explained.

Among the phenomena I've been fortunate enough to witness, 3 bolide meteors, (Two in the same shower.  Do you know what the odds are of seeing one in a lifetime is?), the Jan 20th 1990 meteor that streaked across the eastern US, and a Proton-B second stage re-entry (which Aerospace Corp. gave me a sighting confirmation on).  I still watch the skies for that one thing I cannot identify, but I still enjoy the magic of those that I can, reminding me of our place in the universe.

I've seen things you people wouldn't beleive?
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.....I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate...
All those moments will be lost in time.....Like tears in the rain? :yes:

Only joking!! Rutger Hauer did though... Blade Runner...

Sounds Like you have seen some incredible sights mate...   I look up..... & nothing!!!

Keep looking, One day ay!

#30    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postslaughtr, on 17 October 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

ing I found and explanation for ...BS, if you found an answer then you would not be on sites like this one ,apparently you believe something. If some believes we are visited by other places then who are you to question about what they saw or believe. If you are a government official you would be terified to know real thigs but having access to info is vital. For those that believe your not the crazy one it's the folks who think everything is scientificaly proved and skeptic as hell. If you think a sin filled human is the only living thing in this universe then your past skeptic it's called being blindly dumb.
1. There's no rules that say you can't question anyone else's beliefs.  Forums where you're not allowed to question certain viewpoints are generally the worst forums out there.  This place is thankfully much more tolerant than that and leads to more lively and open discussion.

2. I've never come across a person who believed that everything has been scientifically proved.  There are those who believe that everything can be scientifically proved which is another matter entirely, i.e. any given phenomenon is open to a possible scientific explanation even if it hasn't been yet or even if no-one figures it out, it's possible to explain anything scientifically.  I personally don't believe that however.  I suspect there are some fundamental truths to the universe that are simply beyond understanding, and not in any sort of religious or mystical sort of way.

3. What's with the continual opinion being touted on these forums that you either believe that aliens have been visiting earth or you believe there's no ET life in the universe.  There's a middle ground that in my experience just about everyone on these forums who has said they don't believe in alien visitations have given - there is indeed ET life out there but we haven't come across it yet.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users