Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NRA Locked in Gun Battle

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#16    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,961 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostGummug, on 20 August 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

I heard that one reason Hitler didn't invade Switzerland (besides the fact that he probably had a lot of money in its banks) was because he knew each male citizen was armed.
Also, after WWII one of the American top brass was talking to one of the Japanese top brass who had been in command during WWII, and asked him why they didn't invade the US of A after Pearl Harbor. He said that they knew that practically every other American home had a gun in it and they didn't want to get into that, no way, no how.

hogwash

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#17    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostGummug, on 20 August 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

I heard that one reason Hitler didn't invade Switzerland (besides the fact that he probably had a lot of money in its banks) was because he knew each male citizen was armed.
Also, after WWII one of the American top brass was talking to one of the Japanese top brass who had been in command during WWII, and asked him why they didn't invade the US of A after Pearl Harbor. He said that they knew that practically every other American home had a gun in it and they didn't want to get into that, no way, no how.

I know that the street gangs here obtain guns illegally. To attempt to take them away from law biding citizens
will make the average citizen turn criminal. Back in the days of Prohibition people obtained their booze.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#18    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostGummug, on 19 August 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Wasn' it the Bilderberg group, or maybe I'm thinking of another group or person, who expressly wanted to drastically...and I mean DRASTICALLY...reduce the earth's population? Didn't millions starve under Mao Tse-Tung? Millions also starved under Stalin. If we keep sliding to the left, maybe we'll have people starving over here. I know this will probably be scoffed at, but my thinking is, if the left ever becomes firmly entrenched in power, who is to say they will continue the entitlements (I'm thinking food stamps) that they needed at the beginning to get votes and power?
High five to Rafterman, I'm an NRA member too.

Don't be so foolish. The thread is about mandatory reporting of missing firearms and you think that is a slippery slope towards Communism? The chinese famine occurred because the Communist party did some very very stupid things. They tried to get farmers to make steel in their backyards in order to industrialize the country. They also reasoned that sparrows we're pests because they ate seeds and tried to wipe them out, only to find themselves in the midst of locust plagues.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#19    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 August 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Thank you for being part of the problem.

I am sure he is so sorry he is exercising his god-given rights to defend himself, his home, and his country. :whistle:

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#20    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,285 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

nra life time member since 2005. $300-$500 of contributions a year. and i'm just one of millions.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#21    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,015 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 August 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Thank you for being part of the problem.

Part of your problem.   Part of their solution.

#22    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,969 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostMyles, on 22 August 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Part of your problem.   Part of their solution.
Part of your problem if you get held up with a gun whose theft was not reported.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#23    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

It seems to me like the government are trying to get rid of all the illegal guns before they pass a bill (or whatever you call it) to rid the country of all firearms

it is possible they want the people to not be able to defend themselves if they bring in martial law or something else they may be planning for the near future

Getting rid of all guns would be a good idea in my book

But it all depends on the governments reasons for doing so

Posted Image

#24    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,556 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostDrayno, on 20 August 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

I am sure he is so sorry he is exercising his god-given rights to defend himself, his home, and his country. :whistle:

The "God-given" part always makes me chuckle. :P

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#25    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,285 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 22 August 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Part of your problem if you get held up with a gun whose theft was not reported.
lol, really??, so if the theft was reported, the gun disappears???, do you think cops will look for it?

i'm just curious, how would it change anything?
the perp stole the gun, (law broke), held you up (broke the law again), how would the report of that gun  as stolen , (would he give a crap about that report at all?) change intent of a perp, to rob you?

actually ppl do report stolen guns, it is in their best interest, yoiu really don't want not to report it, can you guess why??

nra fights against control of over ppl , not reporting itself.
today you have to report, tomorrow you got to tel them you going shooting, day after they will make you get permission to go shooting, next day they come and take guns away. tell you what, if laws get more and more stupid and restrictive, ppl wil report a lot more of stolen guns, can you guess why???

we don't believe for a second "this is only small correction, of the law" , once they pass one law, they will work on other laws, little by little , inch by inch, we've seen it before, that is we NRA wont let even minor little new law to get passed. and i, and millions like me, will support them all the way, and make sure (by contributing $$$), this wont happen.

Edited by aztek, 22 August 2012 - 10:55 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#26    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

View Postjugoso, on 22 August 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

The "God-given" part always makes me chuckle. :P

Well, the United States was founded upon the principle of unalienable rights.

And the government has no right to take those rights away.

Simple as that.

Edited by Drayno, 22 August 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#27    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• 1,556 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostDrayno, on 20 August 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

Given the current state of affairs perhaps the above should read:

I am sure he is so sorry he is exercising his god-given rights to defend himself, his home, and from his country.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#28    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

View Postjugoso, on 23 August 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

I am sure he is so sorry he is exercising his god-given rights to defend himself, his home, and from his country.

Well played, sir! Well played. :D

#29    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,961 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

View Postjugoso, on 23 August 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

paranoia

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#30    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

View Postninjadude, on 23 August 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

paranoia

It is not paranoia if our founding fathers foresaw the necessity of gun ownership.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users