Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dolls moving on their own?

MetallicBlood

One day I was giving a friend a ride when her house alarm called her that it had gone off. We rush back to her house, when I went in to check it out, I found she had a house full of dolls. I found nothing out of sorts to set off the alarm, but I swear those dolls had something to do with it. Creeped me out and I don't creep out easy.

• Like 1

its safe to say i have had one experience and i have never told a soul before and im 110% being genuine

Tell us about it. We would like to hear what happened.

I don't have a story really. When I was a child I had a lot of dolls and animal toys which were on a table in my bedroom. They seems scarier in the dark, like threatening shadows.

I don't like dolls at all - they are very creepy now.

still find it a bit scary 0-0

This could be Chucky's mistress.

• 2 months later...

That dummy from goosbumps freaked me OUT

That be "Slappy The Ventriloquist's Dummy".

He was the stuff of nightmares in my childhood when I read alot of RL Stine's horror books. Slappy was a wooden dummy in a suit and he moves around at night in the house to do things to the children. It is truly terrifying. I grew up with fear of clowns and dummies because of it! Although I am not afraid of dolls. I see dummies different from dolls.

Only dummies, with their vertically-moving block-of-wood jaws, frighten me. It is definitely that wooden, fixed expression and that jaw! The jaw is the most hideously horrifying thing in a dummy.

When I watched the 2007 horror movie Dead Silence, it had a dummy that looked almost exactly like Slappy, and all my childhood fears came flooding back. I was so frightened I froze in my seat when the dummy talked. I almost lost my sanity!

Edited by Ashiene

I remember staying at an old friend of mine's house quite often-a few years ago- and she had porcelain dolls on her dresser across from the bed we slept on.

We were both in the room chilling and watching movies and I would always stare at them.. I swear, every time I looked at them, they seemed to change position, or their eyes would follow me when I was in certain places of the room.

I can't stand dolls.. they always seem to have a certain presence about them.

• Like 1

Its interesting to read stories like this, i wonder if any of them are true?

I don't have any stories about dolls to tel, but i must admit I'm little freaked out. Thank god I'm not a kid with 100 of dolls in my room, as an adult i have bottles of alcohol in my room and i can tell you they sure moves when you are drunk.

• Like 3

I was once married to a doll! She moved out.

Oh forget it. I can't top that. :w00t::tsu:

• Like 2

I told this same story on another thread but here it is again, my only toy moving on its own story... We had a Bratz FM Cruiser that kept going off (playing the radio) it spooked us out so I took the battery out.. and it went off again! I threw it in the garbage, I wasn't really that afraid, more irritated and bothered because I had had problems like that before and thought it was over but my boyfriend was real scared! Lol he was also scared of spiders... smh.. it was my daughters toy, she wasnt home when it happened I explained later why I threw it away. I thought she'd be sad about it because it was a nice toy but she didnt really seem to care.

I have a friend that told me she had a teddy bear that used to attack her in the night when she was little. I wasn't there when it happened of course but she swears this was real..

I had a stuffed giraffe who I considered my best friend until I was like 7. She didnt move or anything but I swore she was alive and could communicate with me with brain waves. If I was sad at school I would send her messages with my mind and it would make me feel better. Kind of like praying.. but I didnt know anything about prayer back then. I still have my giraffe, my favorite stuffed animal. :)

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 2

I had a furby that went off without batteries. I threw it against the wall and it made it worse. It started speaking in illegitimate voices, until I couldn't freaking sleep. I broke it to little pieces and burned that possessed creature with a great huff of pride. At least I had a reason to be angry and destroy things.. :tu:

My sister's furby started doing the same thing, but I locked it in the closet we shared at the time, threatening the same would happen to it. It remained quiet, but who knows?

I don't like feeling watched. My stuffed creatures still unnerve me, but I love them so maybe they're not freaky.

• Like 2

I have a friend that told me she had a teddy bear that used to attack her in the night when she was little. I wasn't there when it happened of course but she swears this was real..

I am certain that was no ordinary teddy bear, but Pedobear himself in disguise.

• Like 1

When i was a teen my friend had this plastic dancing plant it had a battery.

So my friends and where hanging out.and my friend said plant look at john

And freaking plant spun and was looking at him then he said look at chris thats me

And plant moved and looked at me make a long story short the plant looked at every body in the room when we said there name we where freaking out lol...

• Like 3

yes, i heard a creepy urban legend somewhere about a little doll who.... well...

... there was a young girl called annabelle ...

... damn i cant remember it, sorry. lol

Here's the real story about Annabelle:

1947911_f260.jpg

http://efeyas.hubpages.com/hub/Annabelle-The-Possessed-Doll-A-Terrifying-Case

• Like 2

Lou awoke one night from a deep sleep and in panic. Once again he had a recurring bad dream. Only this time somehow, something seemed different. It was as though he was awake but couldn't move. He looked around the room but couldn't discern anything out of the ordinary and then it happened. Looking down toward his feet he saw the doll, Annabell. It began to slowly glide up his leg, moved over his chest and then stopped. Within seconds the doll was strangling him. Paralyzed and gasping for breath Lou, at the point of asphyxiation, blacked out. Lou awoke the next morning, certain it wasn't a dream, Lou was determined to rid himself of that doll and the spirit that possessed it.

Seems like he was so afraid of the doll, he hallucinated the doll during a sleep paralysis session.

• Like 1

Why do rag dolls always look like the unwanted child of a snowman and a scarecrow?

Love it! :rofl:

Mom's a doll collector, I'll have to ask her that one. :lol:

I told this same story on another thread but here it is again, my only toy moving on its own story... We had a Bratz FM Cruiser that kept going off (playing the radio) it spooked us out so I took the battery out.. and it went off again! I threw it in the garbage, I wasn't really that afraid, more irritated and bothered because I had had problems like that before and thought it was over but my boyfriend was real scared! Lol he was also scared of spiders... smh.. it was my daughters toy, she wasnt home when it happened I explained later why I threw it away. I thought she'd be sad about it because it was a nice toy but she didnt really seem to care.

I had a stuffed giraffe who I considered my best friend until I was like 7. She didnt move or anything but I swore she was alive and could communicate with me with brain waves. If I was sad at school I would send her messages with my mind and it would make me feel better. Kind of like praying.. but I didnt know anything about prayer back then. I still have my giraffe, my favorite stuffed animal. :)

Thank you Spirit Writer, now I understand the truth about Calvin and Hobbes! :D

I thought I better edit this for clarity: I'm with you, I'm not saying that in a mean way! :)

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd burn the damn doll. Pray, salt and burn it. They CREEP me out. There's nothing novelty. That stupid museum should never have displayed a doll like that. no one can just ignore them. It's controlled by a spirit, a mischievous, powerful spirit. i mean, you put batteries in your gilly giggle (remember those)? They won't move their head and talk to your child.. they're disturbing. I would get rid of it asap.

• Like 1

I had a furby that went off without batteries. I threw it against the wall and it made it worse. It started speaking in illegitimate voices, until I couldn't freaking sleep. I broke it to little pieces and burned that possessed creature with a great huff of pride. At least I had a reason to be angry and destroy things.. :tu:

My sister's furby started doing the same thing, but I locked it in the closet we shared at the time, threatening the same would happen to it. It remained quiet, but who knows?

I don't like feeling watched. My stuffed creatures still unnerve me, but I love them so maybe they're not freaky.

What's an illegitemate voice? Shame you didn't film the disection and burning of the furby and put it on Youtube. Would have been a hit! :gun:

Edited by Murk

• 1 month later...

I will see if I can find a video.

Edited by SeanJPD

still find it a bit scary 0-0

That reaction is simply classic. You would do that, you can see her mind processing it before she reacts haha. Got one here but not quite as extreme. Watch at 0:21.

• 4 weeks later...

My friend used to have a furbby (don't know if I spelled that right) doll, and at night it would randomly start talking/ making noises and would always wake her up.

That actually happened to me too. My father (thinking I would like them) bought me 2 of them, and one was given to me by a family member. Furbies always sorta creeped me out, so I stored the 3 of them on the top of my dresser (the dresser was maybe a foot from the ceiling). I never taught them anything, and never touched them, other than to turn them off. In the middle of the night, while my family and I slept, they would randomly turn on and start talking to each other in a mix of both the ferby gibberish, and English, while spinning around and running into the wall. The English, I'm sure they learned from normal household convo. I usually would just get up and turn them off, or they would stop on their own. I had them for a few years before telling my mother and father about them. I was between the ages of 11 and 14 during all of this. My mother promptly removed them, and threw them out. I am not religious, but my parents are. I am very spiritual though. My mother by the way is a bit of a horder, and never throwes anything out. I just thought it was weird, and thought I'd share. ~Namaste

• Like 1

Robert the doll would have become a piece of firewood. But first I'd have pinched his head off :)

• Like 1