Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Temple of Poseidon found in Bulgaria

Big Bad Voodoo

One of the buildings excavated in the Bulgarian Black Sea town of Sozopol appears to have been a temple to Poseidon, going by the discovery of a large and relatively well-preserved altar to the Greek god.

http://sofiaglobe.com/2012/12/16/archaeology-temple-of-poseidon-found-in-bulgarias-sozopol/

New archaeological discovery in Bulgaria...anyone surprised? Im not. Archaeological hot spot continue with this great trend.

• Like 2

The sad part, although being a Christian, is that those temples were destroyed by so-called ''Christians'' and churches were built upon their ruins...

• Like 1

The sad part, although being a Christian, is that those temples were destroyed by so-called ''Christians'' and churches were built upon their ruins...

Very Christian of them.

No seriously, this isn't a stab at your faith, it's a genuine comment. Exodus 20-3

• Like 2

I wish more of the ancient worlds temples and statue's of gods had survived. I feel we have missed out on so much knowledge. Just imagine if the Library of Alexander hadn't been destroyed what we would know.

• Like 1

Very Christian of them.

No seriously, this isn't a stab at your faith, it's a genuine comment. Exodus 20-3

When someone says they're Christian, it doesn't automatically mean they are!! Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 2

When someone says they're Christian, it doesn't automatically mean they are!!

Sitting in a church does not make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage make you a mechanic.

• Like 1

Sitting in a church does not make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage make you a mechanic.

That's the plain truth

Just imagine if the Library of Alexander hadn't been destroyed what we would know.

I dont think we can grasp what that Libary contained even we can argue about it. There are estamations. One of the mysteries which is link with Library of Alexandria is fact that we dont know were there one big library or two smaller.

When someone says they're Christian, it doesn't automatically mean they are!!

Are you serious? You're on about the original Christians. You're religion is based on mass murder, crusades and conversion by the sword. Just because you donate time and money to the homeless shelter, doesn't mean you're Christian!

I wish the Temple was still there. The people hated the Romans so much there destoryed anything the was apart of them. Wasn't just the christians.

Are you serious? You're on about the original Christians. You're religion is based on mass murder, crusades and conversion by the sword. Just because you donate time and money to the homeless shelter, doesn't mean you're Christian!

I am always serious, when it comes to serious issues. Do you know, that the people, who believed in Jesus, were persecuted and killed in the first centuries after Jesus' birth? Do you know how many martyrs there were back then, who were victims of the Roman emperors' hate?

As for what i have to do for being a (Orthodox) Christian, let me figure it out myself. I never said, that donating money is the only thing i should do! :)