Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

questionmark

gee I dunno one of the first pieces of legislation pass was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair pay act.

So you toss the facts aside and stay in the "bubble". The facts are that the Democrats offered budget cuts and tax increases. The Republicans refused. There's no defense of their actions.

Yeah, cut the Defense Budget and kill The Bush TaxCuts...Republicans refused because they knew: There's no Defense..with..their actions. Edited by joc

Yeah, cut the Defense Budget and kill The Bush TaxCuts...

two great ideas

Yeah, cut the Defense Budget and kill The Bush TaxCuts...Republicans refused because they knew: There's no Defense..with..their actions.

two great ideas

Why is it that when Democrats favor the tax cuts, they are the "payroll tax cuts", but when they oppose them, they are the "Bush tax cuts". Never are they Obama's tax cuts. Obama is like the parent that says to his wfie "Do you what your kids are doing?" when they are bad, but says "Look at what my kid did!" when they do something right. When they killed Bin Laden, you'd have thought Obama was the first one into the compound the way he bragged about it, but when the Embassy was attacked, it was all teh fault of some no-name guy and his lolcats youtube movie.

• Like 2

two great ideas

Well, that's why you support Obama...and I support a Strong Military and Economic Growth...Romney/Ryan 2012. See how that works? Flip a coin...Romney we all win..Obama we all lose.

gee I dunno one of the first pieces of legislation pass was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair pay act.

How great that must have been. I don't remember hearing about it at all...

stating that the 180-day statute of limitations for filing an equal-pay lawsuit regarding pay discrimination resets with each new paycheck affected by that discriminatory action.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_Fair_Pay_Act_of_2009

That does not help the People, it helps a tiny minority of minoritys that have pay disputed based on their miniority status. How many of the People is that going to be "Caring" for? Maybe a couple thousand every year.

I want to see an example of large scale Caring. Not penny-anny token political laws.

So you toss the facts aside and stay in the "bubble". The facts are that the Democrats offered budget cuts and tax increases. The Republicans refused. There's no defense of their actions.

So what would have helped? Only if it increased taxes, or cuts too? Seems that the Dems did not really want to help, or they would have worked to make a "cuts" only version and then after "Helping the People" they could have worked on taxes. Nope... simple party politics. It can even be argued that since the Republicans doubtless knew what was in the bill before voting, that the Dems KNEW they would not pass it and THUS use it for political advantage, just as you are trying to do now.

So what would have helped? Only if it increased taxes, or cuts too? Seems that the Dems did not really want to help, or they would have worked to make a "cuts" only version and then after "Helping the People" they could have worked on taxes. Nope... simple party politics. It can even be argued that since the Republicans doubtless knew what was in the bill before voting, that the Dems KNEW they would not pass it and THUS use it for political advantage, just as you are trying to do now.

Could it be that only cutting spending or only increasing taxes isn't really helping people? Could it be doing a little of both so that neither the poor nor the rich are hurt more than they have to be is a better idea to help the country?

Since when did the idea that it has to be entirely one way or the other become such an entrenched idea in the heads of conservatives?

Could it be that only cutting spending or only increasing taxes isn't really helping people? Could it be doing a little of both so that neither the poor nor the rich are hurt more than they have to be is a better idea to help the country?

Since when did the idea that it has to be entirely one way or the other become such an entrenched idea in the heads of conservatives?

Doing a little bit of both does nothing...what needs to be done is a LOT of both...Slash taxes...slash the budget. We all win. That helps everyone...and...get the freaking ridiculous EPA out of my ass!

Well, yeah. Just pointing out that calling Romney an economy ruining, non-caring traitor neglects the economy wrecking, non-caring Obama. I'm not actively saying that Romney is not a Turd, just saying that Obama has not proven any better.

Myself, I would totally go for some various kinds of new taxes, or adjustments to existing taxes. As well as cuts in spending. I am a believer in that we should at least try to keep the Budget near what the Revenues are.

Well, that's why you support Obama...and I support a Strong Military and Economic Growth...Romney/Ryan 2012. See how that works? Flip a coin...Romney we all win..Obama we all lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQwrB1vu74c&feature=related

Obama is a shoe in. LOL the second clip was provided by libertarian Ron Paul the tea party founder and a republican lol

Obama is a shoe in. LOL the second clip was provided by libertarian Ron Paul the tea party founder and a republican lol

OMG...you are right! Obama is a shoe in...how is it I missed all of that??? :unsure2: I guess I missed all of that because I don't watch Media...nor do I listen to CRACKPOTS like Ron Paul!

Pro Obama people like to point out the various issues and flubs that Romney has had, but if you point out flubs by Obama or Biden, they will tell you "Do not look at the man behind the Curtain". Obama is like the Koran to some people, nothing he does is imperfect.

Are Romneys flip flops really on the scale with lying about "Fast and Furious" and hiding the documents involved?

Are Romneys flip flops really on the scale with lying about "Fast and Furious" and hiding the documents involved?

Evidence that Obama lied about Fast and Furious, please.

Why is it that when Democrats favor the tax cuts, they are the "payroll tax cuts", but when they oppose them, they are the "Bush tax cuts". Never are they Obama's tax cuts.

Well because the Republicans refused to pass Obama's spending cuts and tax increases. Obama isn't really pushing tax cuts although your taxes have been at the lowest point in a decade. How's that trickle down working out for you? The Bush tax cuts were huge and extraordinary. They are a major component of the deficit. They are called that simply because they happened on during his presidency.

Well, that's why you support Obama...and I support a Strong Military and Economic Growth...

We already have a strong military. We spend more than almost all countries on earth. Combined!

How is that trickle down economics working for you?

OMG...you are right! Obama is a shoe in...how is it I missed all of that??? :unsure2: I guess I missed all of that because I don't watch Media...nor do I listen to CRACKPOTS like Ron Paul!

You may not watch msm but many do. I wouldn`t call RP a crackpot. He just doesn`t quit fit the one sided coin the pub vs dem represent. I`m not rooting for Obama nor Romney. I`m just basing Obama as the so called winner by how easy american voters get swayed. Nothing more nothing less.

As far as who is best for the job goes, neither.

You may not watch msm but many do. I wouldn`t call RP a crackpot. He just doesn`t quit fit the one sided coin the pub vs dem represent. I`m not rooting for Obama nor Romney. I`m just basing Obama as the so called winner by how easy american voters get swayed. Nothing more nothing less.

I don't watch Judge Judy or Jerry Springer either...but many do...but I am extremely confident that they are too lazy to go vote...and besides that...Americans are fed up with Obama...fed up I say!

I did not specifically say Obama lied. He only helped cover it up. He let the ATF off the hook and directly caused the Contempt of Congress vote on Holder.

snapback.pngTiggs, on 02 October 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

He did try and blame it on Bush (like everything else) by saying that Fast and Furious began under Bush's tenor. It didn't. Now...was that a truthful statement or was he lying? Or...are we to believe that he is just plain stupid...neither is a very good recommendation for continuing in the Oval Office. :no:

Edited by joc

Personnally, if I'm being offered two turdsandwiches, I'll take the one I've not already taken a bite out of. I KNOW that one sucks because I've already experienced it. So I say let the new guy have a shot.

• Like 1

Most Americans had jobs and were paying their mortgages during the Bush era. Unemployment was in the 4 and 5 percent range for the majority of his tenor.

Who was it that said...uh...It's the economy stupid! ? Well, It's still the economy stupid! (I am not calling you stupid). This economy was caused by fear that Obama would do exactly what he has done...and because of that fear, a lot of people pulled out of the stock market...as a result, a lot of corporations had to lay off a lot of people, and this all happened prior to the election. As soon as the election was a done deal...this fear of Obamanomics went on steroids. ....and all of Obama's horses and all of Obama's men could not and can not and never will put this economy back together again.

After Bush's reelection to a second term, I made DAMN sure I could pay my mortgage on a near minimum wage job and made sure I was in a position to support myself should I lose my job. I KNEW it was all going to burst. We might have had jobs and were paying our mortgages but only a MORON couldn't have seen that it was all going to come crashing down and that we were living on borrowed time and borrowed money. I did lose my job prior to the 2008 elections (two of them actually!) luckily I did recognize that the house of cards he built couldn't stay standing. I still have my house and I do have a job again (it took a LONG time get one) and my job is at 60% LESS than what I made before. Good thing I chose not to wear the blinders that were handed out from 2000-2008.

After Bush's reelection to a second term, I made DAMN sure I could pay my mortgage on a near minimum wage job and made sure I was in a position to support myself should I lose my job. I KNEW it was all going to burst. We might have had jobs and were paying our mortgages but only a MORON couldn't have seen that it was all going to come crashing down and that we were living on borrowed time and borrowed money. I did lose my job prior to the 2008 elections (two of them actually!) luckily I did recognize that the house of cards he built couldn't stay standing. I still have my house and I do have a job again (it took a LONG time get one) and my job is at 60% LESS than what I made before. Good thing I chose not to wear the blinders that were handed out from 2000-2008.

Pray tell...cause I really want to know...how does anyone pay a mortgage with a 'near minimum wage job'. Your income and everyone else's income has been greatly reduced Miss Wells. But not because of the Bush era...this economy is Obama's. Plain and simple. Are you getting a check from the government? Just curious how you pay your mortgage and live on 60% less than minimum wage.

I did not specifically say Obama lied. He only helped cover it up. He let the ATF off the hook and directly caused the Contempt of Congress vote on Holder.

There's still an active operation in play. Would you rather that he got the people still in the field killed to satisfy Congress' curiosity?

He did try and blame it on Bush (like everything else) by saying that Fast and Furious began under Bush's tenor. It didn't. Now...was that a truthful statement or was he lying? Or...are we to believe that he is just plain stupid...neither is a very good recommendation for continuing in the Oval Office. :no:

Unless you're privvy to the active operation that's still in play - then you have no idea when the operation started.

Your income and everyone else's income has been greatly reduced Miss Wells. But not because of the Bush era...this economy is Obama's. Plain and simple.

You don't get to almost crash the entire world's economy and then blame it on the guy who get's the job of fixing it.

You don't get to almost crash the entire world's economy and then blame it on the guy who get's the job of fixing it.

Oh sure we do

*fights the urge of putting up the Bush poster again*

Personnally, if I'm being offered two turdsandwiches, I'll take the one I've not already taken a bite out of. I KNOW that one sucks because I've already experienced it. So I say let the new guy have a shot.

Why? The ingrediance are written right on the wrapper. Its the exact same sandwhich.