Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man tattoos his dog, generates controversy

ernesto rodriguez tattoos dog duchess american bully

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 30 March 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Animals are tattooed all the time for identification purposes including dogs, horses and cattle. Not a big deal.

I didn't know that.

#17    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Getting a tattoo hurts, you definitely couldn't sleep through it. Plus the dog would be freaking out.

My cats have tattoos in their ears when they were 'fixed', but i'm assuming they would have still been under at the time.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#18    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

What's with cattle or horses and sheep being branded or ear tagged? Is that much different?

#19    MindfieldzX

MindfieldzX

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

cats and dogs are tattoo'd everyday at the Humance Society of Gulfport,MS. Nothing new here, there is no way this guy is guilty of animal cruelty, and no need for a cease and decist order. Tells me that some people really have nothing better to do, its really 1 step short of WestBoro Baptist.

View PostDKO, on 01 April 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Getting a tattoo hurts, you definitely couldn't sleep through it. Plus the dog would be freaking out.

My cats have tattoos in their ears when they were 'fixed', but i'm assuming they would have still been under at the time.

It's actually worse if you have ever gotten a tattoo on any part of your body, and then compare that to having a super-hot branding iron mashed against your ass cheek. TRY giving these two practices a rating of 1 to 10.

PAIN SCALE
Tattoo pain ; 1 to 7, rare occasions depending on the spot gettin the tat,sometimes higher pain.
Branding pain ; 10 or get a bigger scale. Searing flesh at the temperature you cook food at or hotter?

There is no way ,at any point in time, could a tattoo oust a Branding in terms of pain endured. I barely burn myself and its hurts for days,and thats with out the intention of holding the hot object firmly against the flesh. I couldn't imagine a human being branded so I had to see some body branding (body modification?)

http://cdn.trendhunt...s/branding.jpeg <- Dont bane me, I think this photo 100%  sums it up

Edited by MindfieldzX, 01 April 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#20    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

lmao whats the big deal ? i mean realy?

#21    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,606 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

I see there's an article here on UM that the Pentagon wants to tattoo soldiers. I guess it's ok for soldiers but not for pets. LOL

#22    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

I don't know how it is over there, but it is mandatory for dogs to be microchipped here in NSW, and has been for about 15 years. A simple impant about the size of a grain of rice, that when scanned gives a number that is linked with the owners information.

What kind of idiot tattoos a dog to have it identified. I've got tattoos, and some hurt like hell. The belly of a dog, especially so young is very soft skin and tender, i guarantee this dog would have been hurt emmensely.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#23    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

View PostMindfieldzX, on 01 April 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

cats and dogs are tattoo'd everyday at the Humance Society of Gulfport,MS. Nothing new here, there is no way this guy is guilty of animal cruelty, and no need for a cease and decist order. Tells me that some people really have nothing better to do, its really 1 step short of WestBoro Baptist.

It's actually worse if you have ever gotten a tattoo on any part of your body, and then compare that to having a super-hot branding iron mashed against your ass cheek. TRY giving these two practices a rating of 1 to 10.

PAIN SCALE
Tattoo pain ; 1 to 7, rare occasions depending on the spot gettin the tat,sometimes higher pain.
Branding pain ; 10 or get a bigger scale. Searing flesh at the temperature you cook food at or hotter?

There is no way ,at any point in time, could a tattoo oust a Branding in terms of pain endured. I barely burn myself and its hurts for days,and thats with out the intention of holding the hot object firmly against the flesh. I couldn't imagine a human being branded so I had to see some body branding (body modification?)

http://cdn.trendhunt...s/branding.jpeg <- Dont bane me, I think this photo 100%  sums it up

I understand branding or tagging an ear would hurt a lot more but it's a different subject. Livestock get branded because there could be 100s-1000s of animals that need to be marked quickly, ID chips would be too time consuming and a waste, especially on animals that are going to be slaughtered.

But a dog doesn't need to be branded and can easily be microchipped with a lot less pain.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#24    Andy232400

Andy232400

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

If the dog was put to sleep when this was done then I think that's ok.. But if he was awake, he really would of felt a lot of pain.. Dogs skin is a lot more softer and sensitive to our skin..

#25    RavenEyes19

RavenEyes19

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

He said he did it while the dog was on anesthesia in this vid http://www.huffingto..._n_2992969.html
I just see it as unnecessary and it's pretty lame to make up some bull**** story and say this was done so that the dog would be identified. Obviously, he just wanted to treat his pet like an accessory.  He even said he was bored when he did it.
If he wanted the dog to have identification, he could've gotten it a tag or microchip that contains his information like any other normal person.  I don't even see how the tattoo could be used for identification purposes. If the dog gets lost, it's not going to be returned to him because it has a tattoo representing its bloodline.

#26    Mikami

Mikami

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

hmmmm aren't there actual killers and criminals to be caught out there? this man wrote on his dog, big whoop.

#27    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostMikami, on 02 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

hmmmm aren't there actual killers and criminals to be caught out there? this man wrote on his dog, big whoop.
With that sentiment, how about i tattoo what i want on you without your free will. Perhaps then you'll think a little smarter, and maybe even develope a sense of empathy. :tu:

#28    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostOdds, on 02 April 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

With that sentiment, how about i tattoo what i want on you without your free will. Perhaps then you'll think a little smarter, and maybe even develope a sense of empathy. :tu:
You couldn't, because then you'd be sued.
Unfortunately, animals don't have a say.

#29    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 03 April 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

You couldn't, because then you'd be sued.
Unfortunately, animals don't have a say.

Lol They wouldn't much, they can take my debt if they'd like.

But you're right, that's the problem, they don't have a say.

Because he is a self proclaimed 'artist' he thinks he can put his 'art' on his dogs. And even claims he will do it to any new ones he gets. Absolute scum.

#30    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 01 April 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

What's with cattle or horses and sheep being branded or ear tagged? Is that much different?
They are branded/tagged for a legitimate reason though, not because the farmer felt like it.

I imagine that it hurts them too, especially when they manage to rip them out and their ear in two. So I don't see why this guy should be allowed to inflict pain on his dog for no good reason at all.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users