Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is Your Life Already Written?

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#166    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,389 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

So it is a two-alternative proposition, either the future is locked in or it is wide open ? How about a mix of the two, or is that just a little too hard to process ?

#167    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,238 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 24 May 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

Uuuuugggggaaaaa booggga. Me want you see how not smart you words.  Follow above path to moving picture. Dogma no good for science . You no skeptic... You cynic and pseudoskeptic.  But you prob no watch.... You scared.
Its hard not to be cynic when you hear half year old baby dies because their brainwashed "open minded" moron parents (mother in particular, but father ain't better either) were curing him with "natural remedies", instead of bringing him to the professionals.
And yes, in some way I'm scared, cause one day I may wake up hearing "Long live Idiocracy" anthem.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#168    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,583 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 24 May 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

There is evidence.... And dogma
Shall I point to the scientific papers or can you find them?

http://www.unexplain...0
Want to show me what relevance this has with your disregard for science? Or are you just running with any **** you find?

#169    Toadie

Toadie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

• "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you’re wrong a lot"

"Life's not always fair. Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow"

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

If your life is already written then who has decided which life you will live? If life is already written then the people who committed crimes of rape, murder it was meant to be and life they affected or took away was also meant to be. If someone is drug addict that was just how their life was written. If that is the case should we just sit around and wait for our written life to unfolded. No point making goals or trying to change because whatever is written will be. Or if it is written you where meant to make the changes???

#170    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostHabitat, on 24 May 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

So it is a two-alternative proposition, either the future is locked in or it is wide open ? How about a mix of the two, or is that just a little too hard to process ?

Yea I think that it a bit more complicated then yes or no or black and white. I think that everything you do effects the possible route of your future. :)

Posted Image

#171    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

Toadie

I see you are a true seeker. "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you're wrong a lot" Doubting your own beliefs leads you to discovering more of the truths that you never thought you could understand. There are many truths that can be discovered and proven when you sincerely seek.  I wish you luck on your path!

I will try to explain a few concepts that you or others may find helpful when thinking about the Book of Destiny as it is sometimes known. The Book "Written" exists and HAS to exist but in a form that is usually misinterpretated because the people contemplating them have not personally experienced all the particular truths and usually unintentionally develope false concepts about it.

The so called Book is very complex yet the principle is really simple, kind of like we study DNA or RNA. It's PURPOSE and EFECT is simple, it is meant for evolution and life.  DNA is perceived only in the parts of its complexities but really it's purpose is not. It can be altered by man, viruses, bateria, radiation, etc and then is called evolution. Like man it has a destiny, it is created to to change or evolve. It is in all life forms through their generations. Instead of generations think of right Paths to follow and there is the Book of Life in a nut shell. There is a unity of physics, soul or consciousness and a massive interaction one form of life to another,this is both free will and a destiny. Man is not just a being of matter but a harmonious soul with life. Man is physically unified internally with helpful bateria and externally reliant on enviroment but most of all is man a being of conscious life and free will. The interaction of free will between conscious life beings at a specific time and place is Destiny. Like it or not , we are very dependent upon the free will of other life forms and energies and they upon us. Some people have a gift to see- what I'd call destiny gates or paths because they are in a unifying state of perception when they can KNOW the EFFECT of a certain choices of free will that they face.  Karma is the effect of all these choices good or bad. The Book of Destiny is sort of like a DNA code within all life but it can be changed as long as TIME exists. Destiny is the most probable of events within a certain time and enviroment for each individual.  

Karma is VERY weird because the destiny may be outwardly appear to be bad but in the end it is has the best ending or visa versa.

Concerning your drug addict, he may have been a victim to his time and place and became apparent loser in life to others. His life and ultimate overdose seen as a bad thing might have actually protected a little girl from being killed by his car.

He may have even seen several his "destinies" before him in a shaman like drugged state, he may have even comprehended several choices where his destiny led!

Those destiny paths may have been revealed to him as

1) I see myself accidently killing a better person.
2) I don't like this life and I don't care but I do like being high.
3) I'm high and going to rape that vain girl I see down the street it'll be
   fun.
4) I can over come this addiction and start over with goals but I see no fun in
   that kind of life and its too hard for me.

1 He overdoses and saves a little neighbor girl from being hit with his car.
  She grows up and opens an adddiction center because she saw how he lived and  
  died. He was was good to her even though Mom told her he had bad luck and was
  sick. Its kind of a good that he chose to overdose.

2 He accidently overdoses on bad drugs. Some other's free will outside of  
  himself actually brought
  the effects.

3 He rapes the girl and kills her when she fights back. He made a bad choice
  for himself and the effect is others hate. Through their revenge they
  actually do more harm then good to themselves and others without knowing it.
  One pathetic action of the addict becomes a complicated mess to many. But on
  the hidden side of this destiny, he prevented her son from being
  born, who had a destiny path of being the discoverer of a drug that ends up
  killing masses of people.This is where the Destiny gates get really complex
  because of the interaction of free will at  certain points in time and
  place.      

4 He choses to help himself along the tough road of recovery, Unexplained luck
  with his efforts bring him success. He ends up marrying the intended rape  
  victim and they have one son who becomes a successful researcher and a
  daughter. Dad is not really happy because the his family life has been
  too materialistic except for his relationship with his daughter. If his
  son "sees" his destiny he can avoid it like dad did. But most likely the son
  came from his mother's materialistic upbringing will not be open to change
  destiny-the most probable of events that lead to a grave mistake.
  Son brings his discovery to the world too soon because he wants more money
  and notoriety- right now.
  At that point his destiny can only be altered by an outside force of
  another's interaction such as happened in the case of his father overdosing
  on the accidental bad drugs scenerio.  

Very complex topic in human existence, imagine it on a universal scale of alternate universes of quantum physics!

It can be made simple if you comprehend on a spiritual level that Time and Place are manifested so we as evolving conscious souls can comprehend ourselves and the Unity of All.

It's kind of like a talented musician writes a composition. Many performers freely interact and ultimately play it in a symphony like he created to be. Each concert can be different or really destoyed but it's the same song or composition. Only when all the performers do it harmoniously in the way the artist intended is it achieved. The book of life is like that in a way. Individual musicians have to practice over and over until they get it just right become the symphony not just the performer. Karma is the practice part. We do that until we are are able to perform and unite as the symphony.

Its all about cause and effect. Destiny is more or less the idea and effect that comes before the causes. The causes in turn bring effects that become the reality of the idea or the Destiny.

People can see a Destiny because they come to that point and place where time doesn't exist, it is only a perception. It's like everything exists at one "time and place" within the Idea of the cause of all causes.

#172    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,454 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 May 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Want to show me what relevance this has with your disregard for science? Or are you just running with any **** you find?
I thought you were obsessed with papers so read them. Or do you dismiss things before reading it?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#173    heatherb35601

heatherb35601

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• Love to live and believe when you cant see never doubt that something exists

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

View PostLars Johansson, on 25 January 2007 - 11:11 AM, said:

QUOTE(Moro Bumbleroot @ Jan 25 2007, 07:54 AM) View Post
This book you speak of was written by Edgar Cayce, It is nothing more than a story.

I don't recall Edgar Cayce writing fictional stories. And it's not a book that we know exists, since if it was it would be very big, give me the ISBN number  style_emoticons/default/wink2.gif

I know thats right.

#174    heatherb35601

heatherb35601

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• Love to live and believe when you cant see never doubt that something exists

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

No your life is not already written. Another question where exactly would it be written? You are given a choice well a path and you choose it there is no way to determine which one you will take you are the only one in charge of that that. I know you have seen people that come from all the ammentities and wealth and still turn out to be bums and worthless people. You are the keyholder it is up to you decide. Which path will you take???

#175    naachiz

naachiz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Think of life as a computer game.

The creator has programmed all the moves, maps, items, skills, stunts, e.t.c. The player has every right to make his own decision. If he plans to go right, he will confront the things preprogrammed on the right side.

We are all players in this game (world). Every decision we make is based on our previous knowledge and with full freedom. Not all players are same and not all take similar decisions.

#176    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,808 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PosteRenks025, on 15 May 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

This is how I see it. It may be kind of confusing to some and hard to follow. Others may feel a light bulb kind of go on.
We have the freedom to choose in the moment so to speak, but our life can only follow one path. Therefore both sides are half-right.
Every choice you make in life is based on the consequences of that choice, your current thinking in life, your upbringing, etc.
You could not control the life you were put into i.e. your skill sets, your family, how your parents raised you.
The very first conscious choice you made in life is based off of the life you were born into (which you can't control)
The next choice you make is based off the conditions that arise as a result of that first choice.
And so on, and so on.
Each choice that you make, while you have an infinite amount of directions you can take, you will always only take the one direction
Because that is who you are.
So in the moment you have the ability to consciously choose
But in the grand scheme of things, you must choose to act a certain way, always, because you were born in such a way.
If you truly understand this concept, you will know because this notion will seem freeing as opposed to making you think life is pointless
It will make you understand that the point of life is just that, to live, and to soak up every instant of life that you are blessed with

This is pretty much hit the nail on the head for this one.

#177    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

EternalSeer

• 3,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I don't believe it is.. Looking back at the hell I've suffered, always fighting to survive, and dying once I can't believe that my life is already written. If it is, I must've been hated by the author.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#178    MistyW

MistyW

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Yes, I think the universe and the cosmos have already predetermined your fate, when you die, and what choices you will take. Perhaps that means there is no real free will if everything has already been chosen for you then.

#179    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostFOAM, on 23 January 2007 - 07:15 PM, said:

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?  

There are many futures with binary choices. It is written yet you choose which one should come to pass. Still there are those whose (WILL) can even change the writings but i personally don't recommend that.

Edited by C235, 25 November 2012 - 06:12 AM.

#180    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,025 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostFOAM, on 23 January 2007 - 07:15 PM, said:

Do you believe that life is already written?   I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu.  He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic.  He told me something interesting.  That he believed that there is a book about life in general.  Life is already written and its in this book.  So your life, my life is written in this book.  What are your thoughts and views.  Do you believe that your life is already written?  
yes
in pencil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users