Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gate Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri

bubblykiss

Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri has been animated and is simal-streaming on crunching roll.

And I gotta admit there are a lot of redesign choices to appeal to a broader shounen audience that I don't entirely approve of; Lelei's eyes for one, Kurokawa having a long strand of hair instead of her level hair (to show her thoughtful level personality).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate_%28novel_series%29

This is a series that I have been looking forward to seeing animated for a long time. Mostly because of its complex and superbly executed art, complex plots and terrific characters.

As much as I have anticipated this incarnation of the story I more than a little disappointed with its execution. The producers choose to expand a seinen work to a shounen audience, and that rarely works.

• Like 2

I will try to get the books. All this about the interdimensional war sounds badass, and will be a great thing to see.

• 1 month later...

Ok, ep 11 is over after a short delay and the focus is back on the other world.

We have survived the most boring arch is done and I have high hopes that the producers will tell the story of the "Warrior Bunnies".

I enjoy the show somewhat but generally I find it a bit childish, also the character designs are very generic, I hope it gets a bit deeper otherwise I am afraid I have to drop it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I enjoy the show somewhat but generally I find it a bit childish, also the character designs are very generic, I hope it gets a bit deeper otherwise I am afraid I have to drop it.

They did a lot of alterations to the character designs shifting the sage girl from very pronounced seinen in construction to a very shounen wide eyed trope.

But, my inner nerd is showing, 1/8/2016 is the first broadcast of the second half of the first season.

• Like 1

They did a lot of alterations to the character designs shifting the sage girl from very pronounced seinen in construction to a very shounen wide eyed trope.

But, my inner nerd is showing, 1/8/2016 is the first broadcast of the second half of the first season.

I am gonna watch it properly, but won`t have any expectations. I am very disappointed about how the show unfolded. There are so many logical errors, the arc when they visited this world was just confusing and ridiculous. The target audience must be 10 years old. I really hope in season 2 they will put more effort into the plot... :/

• Like 1

I am gonna watch it properly, but won`t have any expectations. I am very disappointed about how the show unfolded. There are so many logical errors, the arc when they visited this world was just confusing and ridiculous. The target audience must be 10 years old. I really hope in season 2 they will put more effort into the plot... :/

The original books and manga had a hard time with the visiting our world part as well. They both underwent several rewrites and revisions and re-translations in order to you know, make some sense out of it.

And this is the mind blowing part...the anime actually explains it better than the canon material!

I hope that they manage to squeeze in the warrior bunnies subplot with the next 12 episodes.

• Like 1