Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Dream World Of Illusion

illusion angels incarnate starseeds suicide new agers death

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#46    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,314 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

I think you could look on your back and SEE whether you had wings or not. And if you were actually flying, there would be a youtube video about it surely. They probably meditate and fly in their meditations and in their REAL dreams, or are in some other way hallucinating. I agree its sad that anyone should think THIS LIFE is a dream, that it is not real, and not take from it what it has to offer.

I do not agree that you should tell people what to write about, or that just because they think they have tapped into some higher spiritual understanding that they think they are superior. People should be able to interpret their own stories and express them how they wish. I do agree with you in that WE ALL have our stories!

Also, thanks for warning us that there are cults in the new age teachings. It is important to expose organizations that would harm people, you are correct....

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#47    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

View Postaraxia, on 19 November 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

it was because I wrote it in a direct response to two new agers who were *snip* with me on another site.... but if you read without seeing anger, only objectivity you can learn from it....

I am just sickened by their BEAUTIFUL tales that everything is a DREAM AND ILLUSION... and that they tell everyone they have wings, but that they can't even fly away from their troubles in this life... what the heck? They don't want to seem to face their problems, and rather escape in a fantasy world TO NOT DEAL WITH IT, it is better in their dream world than in reality... how can they be gurus if they can't face reality?
Waste energy talking to them then ?
You have not even conflicting views ,but conflicting realities . You cannot reason with them obviously . Ignore .move on

Miss me?

#48    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

View Postjoc, on 20 November 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Would you do me a favor and tell me if you think my beliefs are New Age?  I'm being serious.

Here we go:

There is only one thing that exists.  Energy.  It is infinite.  Infinite Energy.  It manifests in an infinite number of forms, on an infinite number of levels, for an infinite number of reasons.  Everything in the Universe...us, the planets, the stars, the space between the stars...everything is Energy.

On this level, Energy exists according to the laws of Physics that we all know and love.  Quantum physics, physics, etc. are our ways to initerpret and define Energy.

No one knows what happens or if anything happens after death.  Most believe something lives on...no one really knows.

There is no time.  Time is a measurement of man's creation and serves no purpose outside of man's linear concepts.

There is life on other planets in the Universe...but it is so incredibly distant as to be non-existent.  There are no UFOs or aliens.  There are no angels.  There are no demons.  There is no heaven.  There is no hell.

Right now...this...whatever you are experiencing in this moment ...this...is reality.  There is no yesterday, there is no tomorrow, there is only Now..always and forever Now, and that Now is constantly changing...yet it is always Now.

Okay, these are things that I 'believe'.  Am I a New Ager?  I don't think I am ....but do 'you' think I am?
you are analytical and think in terms of science .
Nothing wrong with that,nor is it new agey

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 21 November 2012 - 04:05 AM.

Miss me?

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

View Postaraxia, on 20 November 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Any beliefs that end up hurting people I have a problem with, especially since I have been victim to this NEW AGE BS myself, with people pretending to be angels and messiahs incarnate only to HURT hundreds in their wake who maybe just wanted answers and ended up with more scars than anything else... I have no problem as to what people believe, but the moment they employ or use their beliefs to HARM anyone, well that is the very moment you fan my flames and rub me up the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to get HURT and can stand by while watching how innocent people get hurt believing a bunch of BS, then be my guest, but please don't seek to patronize those who seek to do the right thing still inspite of adversary like this nonsensical support you render to new age nutters and self-proclaimed messiahs who only exploit people for their personal kicks and gold in their pockets, when the pure love they proclaimed to have for all turned sour!!!!!!!!!
I agree with Only .You are just far too angry about this . Only weak minded people can be hurt by predators of this kind.you will always have people who need to follow a leader.
We cannot help people ,who do not listen .

Miss me?

#50    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Posted Imagearaxia, on 19 November 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

it was because I wrote it in a direct response to two new agers who were *snip* with me on another site...
This is really all so silly.  You know, I don't really enjoy listening to rap music that much...alot of people do...I just don't really enjoy it...so...guess what?  I don't tune my radio to rap music stations.  I CHOOSE to listen mostly to hard rocking, heavy metalish music...but that's just me.  And I really don't like the attitudes of many rap artists.  But do I rail against them on a forum board?   No.  I just avoid them.

That is how we 'in the real world' live our lives.

To get angry because someone dissed you on a website to the point that you join other websites that have nothing to do with them and to go on and on about how evil and dangerous they are is just immature.   There is nothing wrong with New Agers and their beliefs.   If you don't agree with them and think they are full of it....why would you subject yourself to them?  Again, it speaks to a level of immaturity.

All kinds of people believe all kinds of things.  If you don't agree with them and think they are wrong...so be it.  But, if you are going to tell them to their face that they are full of it...you should kind of expect some resistance at least and quite possibly a fight!  That is human nature.

Seriously, you just need to grow up  a bit.  Join the majority of adults in the real world and just grow up.  It is very ridiculous that you go on and on and on about all of these New Age folks.  Let them believe what they believe.  It's really none of your business anyway.  Birds of a feather flock together they say...so ...find some birds of your own kind and flock with them.  It is really just that simple.  Bye bye now. :st

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#51    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 21 November 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

Waste energy talking to them then ?
You have not even conflicting views ,but conflicting realities . You cannot reason with them obviously . Ignore .move on

View Postjoc, on 21 November 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

This is really all so silly.  You know, I don't really enjoy listening to rap music that much...alot of people do...I just don't really enjoy it...so...guess what?  I don't tune my radio to rap music stations.  I CHOOSE to listen mostly to hard rocking, heavy metalish music...but that's just me.  And I really don't like the attitudes of many rap artists.  But do I rail against them on a forum board?   No.  I just avoid them.

That is how we 'in the real world' live our lives.

To get angry because someone dissed you on a website to the point that you join other websites that have nothing to do with them and to go on and on about how evil and dangerous they are is just immature.   There is nothing wrong with New Agers and their beliefs.   If you don't agree with them and think they are full of it....why would you subject yourself to them?  Again, it speaks to a level of immaturity.

All kinds of people believe all kinds of things.  If you don't agree with them and think they are wrong...so be it.  But, if you are going to tell them to their face that they are full of it...you should kind of expect some resistance at least and quite possibly a fight!  That is human nature.

Seriously, you just need to grow up  a bit.  Join the majority of adults in the real world and just grow up.  It is very ridiculous that you go on and on and on about all of these New Age folks.  Let them believe what they believe.  It's really none of your business anyway.  Birds of a feather flock together they say...so ...find some birds of your own kind and flock with them.  It is really just that simple.  Bye bye now. :st

joc and simbi... joc asked me "why do you subject yourself to them": no actually there are a lot of my beliefs that are similar to theirs, but I believe they are making a mockery of that beliefs... I seek to understand why although we have some of the same basic beliefs my view on them is different from theirs, for if we really had the same beliefs then we must agree on how that beliefs are constructed or where they come from, since to them a belief is ONLY A BELIEF, there is nothing behind a belief to them, and I wonder why that is the case, they don't seem to want to go to the roots of something they believe in, and use their beliefs for something ENTIRELY ELSE... for example they say they are angels incarnate/starseeds but they do NOT WORSHIP GOD or are not the saints here spreading the word of GOD when they are far too busy worshiping and glorifying themselves, so how can you be an "angel" yet do not worship GOD? IMO we are all here coming from some place, having celestial souls... we are all so to say "angels or aliens incarnate" since our souls do not ORIGINATE from here but from some place else, (that is if you believe you have a soul that goes back to heaven after this life)... but they think they are the CHOSEN ALIENS or the CHOSEN SOULS, they not only differentiate between people but also DO NOT BELIEVE ALL IS EQUAL or that all can be equally loved, despite their claims of ONEness they seek to bring here on this planet, they see themselves as more superior than others, and only they deserve DIVINE LOVE and only they should be treated as "gods" or worshiped as such... do you see my dilemma?

"There is nothing wrong with new agers"...uhhm okay tell that to those new agers who worship themselves as GODS and treat those they consider as "normal/human" like dirt... tell that to those people who believed they were here to LOVE ALL and be like JESUS but disappointed terribly....

View PostYouVotedBushDummy, on 21 November 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

OP needs to lay off the stimulants, and stop being so damn cynical. After reading his/her post about departing on his/her other profile, I am beginning to believe he/she might just be a nutjob.

calling me a nutjob, how did that help you on your spiritual path and growth?

View PostRyu, on 21 November 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

I am sorry you were burned by some bad experiences but please do not lump all new agers into the same category. Not all of them are narcissistic just as not all christians are fanatical or fundamentalists.

The person themselves decides, willingly, what they will do..no religion or belief system makes them do anything they either don't want to do..many just lack the fortitude and courage to say "No".

View Postjoc, on 21 November 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

Please tell me if I am understanding this correctly...you have never actually been to a meeting with any of these New Agers, you have only encountered them on-line?  Is that right?

ryu and joc, joc asked me "have you only met them online", my answer is NO... since I have met many of them in real life, they are just like Christians, they think they are the chosen ones, they think they are without sins, like to scapegoat on those who are NOT AFRAID TO BE HONEST with themselves...and likes to HATE ON THOSE who make people face the darkness in themselves, something they deny having...and in doing so their true inner monster/shadow comes out, the more they deny it and fight to maintain their fake angelic image to the world, the more angry the shadow self becomes being oppressed...the harder they deny it, the more EVIL they become...

IMO Christians and new agers are mere satanists, who worships themselves, they are always the holier-than-thou type that trample over those who believe in equality and self-reflection... they are those who deny the darkness in themselves and pinpoint it on others just so that they can LOOK INNOCENT.

Thus all the talks of "love" and light to avoid the shadow self... they think they are better than others denying the darkness within them, not knowing that darkness makes all equal since we all have it in ourselves... darkness does not make anyone better than another... but they believe that if they can convince others that they are all love and light that it somehow can justify them placing blame on other people, and projecting their self-hate and self-denial on others...how does that make them love and light, how does that make them angels? How does that make them better than others?...calling only some sinners and evil but not seeing it in themselves? Thus the whole concept of in lak'ech (you are another me) goes right out of the window...they judge because they cannot see others as themselves, that is why they also have CULTS and only "some" are allowed and NOT THE "ALL" they claim to be here to save and love.

View PostJGirl, on 21 November 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

thanks for the reply i appreciate it
oh i am no stranger to the new age movement, or their websites. i've been around a while lol
i agree it's a lot of fantasy posturing and roleplaying. much of the esoteric stuff online is. i do a fair bit of eyerolling at their silliness.
yes i agree people get caught up in it and that can be bad, but those who get caught up do so willingly. it's like the person taking drugs for the buzz. eventually there is a good chance they will get hurt. you can't tell them that though, they have to live it.
i respectfully suggest you let it go. i see that you hate all things new age and i don't blame you lol but it is hurting you to carry it. they cannot hurt you. you are hurting you by carrying this negative vibe.
pity them, warn others, but keep yourself free of it

how can I be free of it if I MUST warn others of it? how can I be free of it if I must pity them? I find your word choice interesting since it puts some obligation on me to be involved with it, yet to be free of it at the same time.

View Postlinttrap, on 21 November 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

Way too personal, OP.

Work that stuff out with a therapist!

again with the nutjob stuff, by saying I NEED A THERAPIST, in the time you took to call me names (implied that I am crazy) you could have went to see yours and get yourself some help...thus how did calling me insane help you?

Edited by araxia, 22 November 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#52    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

I'd rather live in an illusion.

#53    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

View Postaraxia, on 22 November 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

how can I be free of it if I MUST warn others of it? how can I be free of it if I must pity them? I find your word choice interesting since it puts some obligation on me to be involved with it, yet to be free of it at the same time.

first of all, you are under no obligation to be involved. you chose the involvement - i'm saying you can be free of the anger and hurt that involving yourself in it is causing you.
you are the one in charge of the feelings you are having. not them. they are doing what they are doing and couldn't care less about whether you like it or not. you are reacting to it.
you are boiling and seething and hurting inside. it's plainly evident by your initial post. now it's spilling over into this site because we don't share your passion for what you see as a true injustice to the things that you not only believe, but perhaps even hold sacred. i can see you feeling that their behavior is outrageous and innapropriate.
while all that may or may not be true the fact is this -
all that stuff you feel inside is your responsibility. you create all your emotions when you process what you experience -  in this case you have chosen anger, hurt, humiliation, exlcusion, sadness, fear, and on and on
they are all your creations, just as the rest of us own our emotions and emotional responses. hatred, holding grudges, intolerance, prejudice, all those things hold YOU back. they hold us all back from what we are truly here for. you cannot move forward while being held back.

it is up to you to let those feelings go. what do you need them for? what can you do with them? how are they serving your spirit and your journey?
once you learn that you can control how you react, that you can simply not allow those buttons to be pushed, i doubt you will react as you have with this incident again.
think about what i've just said. don't respond just now if at all. really think about it.

#54    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostJGirl, on 22 November 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

first of all, you are under no obligation to be involved. you chose the involvement - i'm saying you can be free of the anger and hurt that involving yourself in it is causing you.
you are the one in charge of the feelings you are having. not them. they are doing what they are doing and couldn't care less about whether you like it or not. you are reacting to it.
you are boiling and seething and hurting inside. it's plainly evident by your initial post. now it's spilling over into this site because we don't share your passion for what you see as a true injustice to the things that you not only believe, but perhaps even hold sacred. i can see you feeling that their behavior is outrageous and innapropriate.
while all that may or may not be true the fact is this -
all that stuff you feel inside is your responsibility. you create all your emotions when you process what you experience -  in this case you have chosen anger, hurt, humiliation, exlcusion, sadness, fear, and on and on
they are all your creations, just as the rest of us own our emotions and emotional responses. hatred, holding grudges, intolerance, prejudice, all those things hold YOU back. they hold us all back from what we are truly here for. you cannot move forward while being held back.

it is up to you to let those feelings go. what do you need them for? what can you do with them? how are they serving your spirit and your journey?
once you learn that you can control how you react, that you can simply not allow those buttons to be pushed, i doubt you will react as you have with this incident again.
think about what i've just said. don't respond just now if at all. really think about it.

You have misunderstood my purpose here... I AM NOT HERE for my emotions, but for the sake of others.... I could care less what they think of me even you who do not see why I am writing what I do... I am just relaying an experience for FELLOW SEEKERS, who might want some other take or clearer view on the new age community... when someone faced with the same problem dealing with these types of people want some additional research or info, I am here for them.

#55    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

View Postaraxia, on 22 November 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

You have misunderstood my purpose here... I AM NOT HERE for my emotions, but for the sake of others.... I could care less what they think of me even you who do not see why I am writing what I do... I am just relaying an experience for FELLOW SEEKERS, who might want some other take or clearer view on the new age community... when someone faced with the same problem dealing with these types of people want some additional research or info, I am here for them.
i haven't misunderstood your purpose here. i don't think anyone who has posted on this thread doubts your reason for posting what you did
what you refuse to see is that if you stripped away all your anger from your original post there isn't all that much to be so furious about. some people posturing and playacting with something you take very seriously and you don't like it. the end. that's what it amounts to  really. how far you've taken it is all due to your anger and feelings of rejection and disrespect.
this anger is clouding your judgement. big time.

this is what we are all trying to impress upon you but you won't listen.
i'm sorry about that because you could have learned something very valuable.
i offered my help and now i'll step back.

#56    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostJGirl, on 22 November 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

i haven't misunderstood your purpose here. i don't think anyone who has posted on this thread doubts your reason for posting what you did
what you refuse to see is that if you stripped away all your anger from your original post there isn't all that much to be so furious about. some people posturing and playacting with something you take very seriously and you don't like it. the end. that's what it amounts to  really. how far you've taken it is all due to your anger and feelings of rejection and disrespect.

well that is how far away the "new age movement" really pushes people, instead of gathering all together as one big happy family... I understand what you mean though, but by eliminating the feelings and emotions coming with dealing with a "cult detox" cannot be stripped away from what is really going on and how that movement abuses people... the feelings and emotions is a crucial part to be acknowledged to properly understand any RELIGIOUS DYNAMICS when it comes to religious and spiritual indoctrination... you may never know how far something effects people if you discard the emotional repercussions... you will never be able to fully analyze such occurrences without fully taking into regard the emotional effect something like this has on people...likewise you would never know the full extent of mind control and the damage thereof if you do not take the time to see WHAT IT HAS DONE TO PEOPLE...

I am smiling right now... on someone's status the other day while thinking about this post it read: "Silly Girl look at what they have done to you, you are totally mad"....... ha ha ha... I can say the same of anyone being indoctrinated by any other religious movement... and especially those who are recovering from the "madness"....

#57    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

View PostJGirl, on 22 November 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

well that is how far away the "new age movement" really pushes people, instead of gathering all together as one big happy family... I understand what you mean though, but by eliminating the feelings and emotions coming with dealing with a "cult detox" cannot be stripped away from what is really going on and how that movement abuses people... the feelings and emotions is a crucial part to be acknowledged to properly understand any RELIGIOUS DYNAMICS when it comes to religious and spiritual indoctrination... you may never know how far something effects people if you discard the emotional repercussions... you will never be able to fully analyze such occurrences without fully taking into regard the emotional effect something like this has on people...likewise you would never know the full extent of mind control and the damage thereof if you do not take the time to see WHAT IT HAS DONE TO PEOPLE...

I am smiling right now... on someone's status the other day while thinking about this post it read: "Silly Girl look at what they have done to you, you are totally mad"....... ha ha ha... I can say the same of anyone being indoctrinated by any other religious movement... and especially those who are recovering from the "madness"....

#58    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

only just read the OP..

i don't mean to be rude araxia, but i agree with the posters who commented on you being rather angry.. there is no need to bring that energy here, we didn't attack you.. im really sorry you got hurt by that last forum.. this label of ALL new agers is a bit OTT.. i label myself as spiritual.. but on the surface to most people i am a new ager.. which is fine, as its not a label i give myself, so i don't own it..

you know what i find funny about your OP, is that i have always said that this reality is just a series of dreams..ive never said it on a forum before but it is something i say to people in real world...

we all get slagged on here for believing what we believe.. there is a kind of seperation in regards to skeptics and believers, which covers many topics, from 911, to Jesus, to ascension, to the new age, to demons to all sorts of things.. but even given that, there is common ground and a level of respect for everyone.. just chill out, and be yourself.. no one wants to hurt you here.. you can only hurt yourself..    

peace to you..

#59    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

to add a question for you araxia.. why do you think the new age thought form is a cult???

Edited by with bells on, 22 November 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#60    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

View Postwith bells on, on 22 November 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

to add a question for you araxia.. why do you think the new age thought form is a cult???

these people all tend to TALK AND ACT THE SAME,

they are like the new Christian or Muslim,

anyone who goes against their DOGMA is HATED as a threat...

why do they hate people when they say they are here to love all?

Posted Image

and get this the new agers HATE all Christians or organized belief systems as well,

people who are just like them....

how can they hate and judge people who are just like them huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users