Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 hot alternatives to the iPhone 5

Keel M.

A nice balance to the current iPhone craze. Though I'm personally not finding as many people excited about the iPhone 5...

• Killer screen, consider: Motorola Droid Razr HD
  • Solid camera phone, consider: Nokia Lumia 920
  • Long lasting battery, consider: Samsung Galaxy S III
  • Great sound, consider: HTC One X
  • Powerful and inexpensive, consider: Sony Mobile Xperia ion

Deets here

• Like 2

My hot alternative to a iPhone 5 is.......

My old samsung d600

I have dropped it numerous time's on various surface's including concrete and it still work's perfectly

Admittedly it may not look as nice as some newer phone's like the Iphone But I am not too fussy about what a phone look's like as long as it work's when needed

Edited by Jackofalltrades

Most already have a preference for either android or apple and I don't see it changing much.

Android all the way but I would not even waste time trying to convince the apple crowd, besides there is a reason they like apple, it is tech marketed at dumb people who don't want to do any configurations.

What about Nokia 3315?

Most already have a preference for either android or apple and I don't see it changing much.

Android all the way but I would not even waste time trying to convince the apple crowd, besides there is a reason they like apple, it is tech marketed at dumb people who don't want to do any configurations.

Lol c'mon now Apple still make great products for what they are which are well suited to many people.

I have always had PC's and would not choose a Mac over a PC anyday, but if I had 3 computers my third would be a Mac.

In the case of phones, iPhones do everything I want and everything works well. I haven't had a need for an Android phone. The iPhone is a great product.

Having said that, I'm deciding which phone to get right now and decided not to get the iPhone 5 on launch day (yes I have a store in my suburb which had stock and no lines). So I'm sorry to disprove your hypothesis - but if your gave an Apple product a go you might change your mind.

Edit: The advertisements linked automatically. Ain't ma fault!

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

I have the Galaxy S2 and cant fault it..in fact my wife keeps glancing an eye over it and shes had IPhones since day one..will be upgrading to the new Galaxy when im allowed to..!

Im using the Lumia 710 best phone ive had. Good camera amazing screen decent battery life and nice sound quality and decent app store....why would i change to a level 6 rehashing of a phone that was good in 2008 :P

A nice balance to the current iPhone craze. Though I'm personally not finding as many people excited about the iPhone 5...

• Killer screen, consider: Motorola Droid Razr HD
  • Solid camera phone, consider: Nokia Lumia 920
  • Long lasting battery, consider: Samsung Galaxy S III
  • Great sound, consider: HTC One X
  • Powerful and inexpensive, consider: Sony Mobile Xperia ion

Deets here

I am not an iPhone or Apple fan. Don't like them as a company or their products. I've been an Android user since the G1 days and haven't been unhappy.

All of that said... those new Windows 8 Phones look pretty darn sexy. That UI is laid out perfectly, the pre-release ones I have played with were responsive and zippy and the Nokia ones have a perfect form factor... Now if only Verizon would actually offer them to be used with their service I might jump off the Android ship for one of them...

I have the Galaxy S2 and cant fault it..in fact my wife keeps glancing an eye over it and shes had IPhones since day one..will be upgrading to the new Galaxy when im allowed to..!

I've used the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE since early spring. There is nothing the iPhone 5 offers that I would trade my phone for

• Like 1

I've used the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE since early spring. There is nothing the iPhone 5 offers that I would trade my phone for

I have only heard good things about the Samsung Galaxy phones. And they do look good. I have to upgrade soon and the Galaxy is on my short list... But still - the windows phones look just *so* cool and they integrate so nicely with windows laptops and the XBox...

I fell in love with the Nokia Lumia 900, liked the latest Samsung Galaxy and kinda appreciate the battery life of the Droid Razr. But my main worry is this latest legal wrangling between Samsung and Apple... I wonder if Android might have to force itself to be hamstrung by bad UI decisions now in order not to be sued by Apple (Which, BTW, is a silly thing since those things Apple patented seem ridiculously obvious to me but, well, there you go...).

There's an even better alternative, imo.

No phone.

But, if you must have one make sure it's a durable phone.

good-old-nokia-phones-600x448.jpg

• Like 1

But, if you must have one make sure it's a durable phone.

Ahhh.. but is that a big phone or small people? SWAT:Midget Division?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to be upgraded on my phone from a Blackberry Bold to an Iphone 5. Of course this is paid for by my place of emplolyment ao I cannot complain too much.

Does anyone have any tips fo the Iphone 5? I'll have it tomorrow.

well offcours apple is not for the poor ;) good luck ! with your android ! the rich pay the poor for their hard work :P

I've had my iphone5 for 8 hours now. So far so good. I'ts very nice. I've never had anything Apple.

The new Windows8 phone is cool! My co-worker has one. I think of all the phones out there (and I think I've had to configure all of them at some point or another) my favorites are the Droid, Windows, and then the Samsung. I used to like Apple products some time ago, but honestly, I go into a spitting rage just about any time I have to do something with my iPod (I HATE IT) or ITouch (HATE it even more than the iPod).. the usability just SUCKS.

That new Windows8 phone is slick. It's VERY easy to use, looks really nice and it's pretty easy to use the onscreen keyboard. Kudos to Microsoft on it... now if only they'd market it correctly! I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and the worst smart phone on the market? The freakin' Blackberry. "Hello, Blackberry? The 90s called, they want their phone OS back"

Edited by MissMelsWell

people should consider this

cup phone

communicate.png

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul
  • Like 2