Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man-Eating Elephant In India

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16    Harriet The Ripperologist

Harriet The Ripperologist

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

• What is sacred? Of what is the soul made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer is love, only love.....

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

I wonder what Nelly the Elephant and Dumbo have to say about this.

#17    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• "We are all but compressed light" Albert Einstein

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Elephants are vegetarians. I cannot see how any part of this story is true. It is most likely a propaganda so that people can now go out and kill them for their ivory in the hopes that no one will complain and then they can say 'well, we thought it was the man-eating elephant, so we killed it just in case'. This is sick.

#18    ships-cat

ships-cat

Alien Abducter

• 5,121 posts

• ..it's all too confusing for the working Cat to understand.... :(

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

It was behaving abnormally ?

Could it have been...

a ZOMBIE man-eating killer elephant ?

"Durnit... We're gonna need BIGGER chainsaws, Earl... "

meow purr :)

A cat stretches from one end of my childhood to the other.

#19    Cosmic2012

Cosmic2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• "Things are only impossible until they're not"

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

It's only a matter of time before most animals seek revenge.  Not surprised at this at all. I bet humans had been responsible for some of this elephant's heard dying or being forced to relocate due to human encroachment.

#20    StarChild 83

StarChild 83

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

• "The truth was forgotten long ago, now we just have our imaginations to fill in the blanks." StarChild 83

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:18 AM

to Sevenof Seven so how do you explain vegetarian humans? were meant to be omnivores. maybe this elephant is just insane?

#21    Nova Terra

Nova Terra

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

How the hell?

#22    Rhino666

Rhino666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

Why are people so shocked. It could be the start of evolution. Nothing on this planet stays the same, all animals evols weather patterns change so why the shock. All it takes is one to do and 1 to observer and you "COULD" have a chain reaction.

#23    torf

torf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

Maybe this elephant is aware of the abuse of all the  elephants in zoos and circuses and sleazy carnivals and thought "Enough is enough".  Paybacks a b****!

#24    ships-cat

ships-cat

Alien Abducter

• 5,121 posts

• ..it's all too confusing for the working Cat to understand.... :(

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hmmm... when they did the post-mortem examination of the Zombie Man Eating Elephant, did any of them bother to check its forehead ?

meow purr :(

A cat stretches from one end of my childhood to the other.

#25    Dougal

Dougal

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

View Postomg lemonade, on 20 February 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

no wonder, destroy its home, kill its baby, would anyone else of acted differently? poor elephant, it suffered so much, humans deserve it.
Yes I would have acted differently, for a start I wouldn't have eaten whoever or whatever destroyed my home and killed my baby.

to Sevenof Seven so how do you explain vegetarian humans? were meant to be omnivores. maybe this elephant is just insane?

Omnivores have teeth for both vegetables and meat, herbivores only have the teeth for vegetation, it's not physcially impossible for them to eat meat but it's not natural for them to do so.

Why are people so shocked. It could be the start of evolution. Nothing on this planet stays the same, all animals evols weather patterns change so why the shock. All it takes is one to do and 1 to observer and you "COULD" have a chain reaction.
I very much doubt that we're about to be overrun by herds of man eating elephants...That's not quite all there is to evolution.

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.

#26    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

View PostStarChild 83, on 21 February 2011 - 03:18 AM, said:

I am a vegetarian. As humans, we have a choice and make choices according to decision making, reason, and the ability to discern between things that we like and dislike and make selections based on that. There are those that argue both sides..I know people who argue vehemently that humans are meant to be carnivorus. The bottom line is... as humans, we can be anything we want to be by making a choice to be that thing that we chose. I suppose animals are able to make choices, but to say that animals are able to make choices in exactly the same way as humans do is not a reasonable premis. Normally, animals follow naturally given traits. Maybe this elephant is insane. I don't know this elephant personally. It is highly unlikely that an elephant who is a vegetarian would suddenly decide to eat human beings.

#27    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

View PostDougal, on 21 February 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

Omnivores have teeth for both vegetables and meat, herbivores only have the teeth for vegetation, it's not physcially impossible for them to eat meat but it's not natural for them to do so.

I never said one thing about any kind of teeth for the purpose of eating either meat or vegetables. Elephants are vegetarians. Makes no sense for an elephant to go around eating 17 people. It's just an excuse to kill the elephants because they are 'eating people'. What elephants do is destroy crops, knock down trees and eat every leaf, bush, plant, flower, vegetable, grass in their path. It is easier for this story to come out before the next slaughter of elephants. There is a great demand for ivory. Have you not seen the news recently about the slaughter of elephants for their ivory? The japanese are going crazy for it... the slaughter of elephants won't stop until they (the elephants) are all destroyed by ignorance and human greed.

Edited by Sevenof Seven, 21 February 2011 - 01:56 PM.

#28    Dougal

Dougal

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

View PostSevenof Seven, on 21 February 2011 - 01:55 PM, said:

I never said one thing about any kind of teeth for the purpose of eating either meat or vegetables. Elephants are vegetarians. Makes no sense for an elephant to go around eating 17 people. It's just an excuse to kill the elephants because they are 'eating people'. What elephants do is destroy crops, knock down trees and eat every leaf, bush, plant, flower, vegetable, grass in their path. It is easier for this story to come out before the next slaughter of elephants. There is a great demand for ivory. Have you not seen the news recently about the slaughter of elephants for their ivory? The japanese are going crazy for it... the slaughter of elephants won't stop until they (the elephants) are all destroyed by ignorance and human greed.

Sorry I was replying to StarChild 83's comment rather than yourself, I've just not figured out that multiquote business yet, sorry if that wasn't clear.

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.

#29    Lucky7

Lucky7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

View PostDougal, on 21 February 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

Sorry I was replying to StarChild 83's comment rather than yourself, I've just not figured out that multiquote business yet, sorry if that wasn't clear.

no worries. thanks. :)

#30    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostStarChild 83, on 21 February 2011 - 03:18 AM, said:

Humans are omnivores, we can eat meat and vegetation etc. We have the teeth for both, the digestive system for both etc.... This means we can eat meat and vegetables etc OR just meat OR just vegetables etc. (even though JUST eating meat would be VERY unhealthy)

Elephants are herbivores so they have the digestion system for vegetation and the teeth etc for it. So Elephants shouldn't eat meat at all. My guess is IF it did kill all those people then there was only fragments of "human flesh" in the elephants stomach from it killing them, not eating them.

BAH, Dougal already covered it sorry.

Edited by Coffey, 21 February 2011 - 08:54 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users