Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Airship to conduct aerial search for Bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#46    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,548 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 October 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

I will convince you yet :)

Only that these things can and are done.....Just take away the ficticious animal of course.

You're on!

If Meldrum's craft as stated or a craft just like it:

--makes successful flight
--and shows the ability to track any large skittish or wary animal, stealthily and agilely through the forest
--and with excellent video

I'll eat our styrofoam R/C airplanes! (without ketchup...)

P.S. I fly R/C, but I don’t have near the skill or experience of my husband. I have seen some amazing R/C flying and know R/C has all kinds of excellent applications. Not to mention what the military has probably accomplished by now. This, I don’t doubt, Sakari.

It is Meldrum’s ship and its success with its intended purpose I’m having the problem with.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 October 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#47    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,885 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 October 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

You're on!

If Meldrum's craft as stated or a craft just like it:

--makes successful flight
--and shows the ability to track any large skittish or wary animal, stealthily and agilely through the forest
--and with excellent video

I'll eat our styrofoam R/C airplanes! (without ketchup...)

This won't work....

I don't think this " blimp " will ever be. I am not sure if you saw my posts on the emails I have sent, and received, and not received.

So, I guess if it comes down to his craft doing this, you win :)

Now if you want a challenge on if a RC type vehicle could do this, I can assure you, you will not like styrofoam :)

P.S. Elapor foam is used more for planes, it forms back to it's original shape when dipped in boiling water for 30 seconds :)

Edited by Sakari, 14 October 2012 - 05:12 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#48    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,885 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Just received a email from Mr. Meldrum. He wants me to call him.

I am going to try to get him on this topic, so he can answer all of our questions....

Last time I did this, the thread was closed. I hope this does not happen again, if he decides to participate.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#49    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,548 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 October 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

This won't work....

I don't think this " blimp " will ever be. I am not sure if you saw my posts on the emails I have sent, and received, and not received.

So, I guess if it comes down to his craft doing this, you win :)

Now if you want a challenge on if a RC type vehicle could do this, I can assure you, you will not like styrofoam :)

P.S. Elapor foam is used more for planes, it forms back to it's original shape when dipped in boiling water for 30 seconds :)

Read my PS above. I don't doubt the abilities and uses of R/C craft. I do doubt the use of a blimp for Meldrum's purpose as well as the size.

Foam foam foam. I will eat our foam planes.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#50    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,548 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 October 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Just received a email from Mr. Meldrum. He wants me to call him.

I am going to try to get him on this topic, so he can answer all of our questions....

Last time I did this, the thread was closed. I hope this does not happen again, if he decides to participate.

Great!

I want to know how you track an alert, human wary, forest dwelling animal with an R/C, semi-sized, wind vulnerable craft through it's habitat?

edit to add: Alert, human wary

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 October 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#51    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,885 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 October 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Great!

I want to know how you track a forest dwelling animal with an R/C, semi-sized, wind vulnerable craft through it's habitat?

I will email him back tomorrow. I am starting my 4 nights of graveyard shift tomorrow night also, so if he responds, it will be all yours :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#52    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,548 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostSakari, on 14 October 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

I will email him back tomorrow. I am starting my 4 nights of graveyard shift tomorrow night also, so if he responds, it will be all yours :)

Looking forward to hearing from him! Clarification is key. Surmising, not so much...

#53    Metal Head

Metal Head

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

I think they should designate a team to cover certain areas in grids, fly in supplies and just stay out there until solid evidence is found. When that team wants rest, send in the next team and cover more grids, rinse repeat. You have to STAY OUT THERE you're not going to find anything with a 3 day expedition.

#54    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,885 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

I have emailed Mr. Meldrum William Barnes and requested him to get involved with this discussion. I let him know that some will be skeptical, some will believe, and that the discussions here are civil, with the occasional one liners from both sides. I let him know there are a lot of questions, and this could be very educational, and good PR for his goal also.

I am pretty certain he will get involved, and I hope people do not become smart asses, and can debate civilly. I also hope he can do the same, and not get aggressive, or defensive when asked questions, or given facts on this topic.

So I ask, if and when he shows up, lets all be mature, and civil.....I would hate to see yet another good topic become closed because of fighting, when it should all be discussing maturely.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Edit : this entire time I wrote Mr. Meldrum in the discussions wrongfully. It is William Barnes I have been conversing with, and invited to the discussion.

William Barnes -  is the project founder and manager, with over 25 years experience operating his own businesses, including gold dredging and marketing. Managing businesses with attention to detail, and getting the job done with the necessary resources, has given him the ability to create successful projects. Barnes had an encounter with a sasquatch in 1997, and is motivated by the challenge of bringing definitive film evidence before the scientific community for the purpose of finally resolving the mystery of sasquatch. Upon discovery, Barnes would like the Falcon Project to provide the basis for further study of the species’ behavior in its natural habitat and for securing their protection in the future.

I am awaiting a reply from Mr. Meldrum on a email I sent to his address at Idaho State University.

My apologies for the confusion, this is what happens when one works rotating shifts.

Edited by Sakari, 14 October 2012 - 06:45 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#55    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

I think trying to spot a bigfoot from the air is going to be more difficult with all the forest it can hide in. They struggle searching for it on the ground. I bet these creatures (if they exist) hide up in the trees and can't be seen by all the foliage.

#56    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Well, at least some are taking a scientific approach, and on a new level, to find this elusive creature, and that is worthy of applause from me.

#57    Vidgange

Vidgange

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

It's going to be interesting to see how this project unfolds, especially since we got our own expert panel here in Sakari and QuiteContrary :D

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

#58    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,680 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

I wish these fellows good luck.

Looked initially to me like a Senior Project type thing. Mechanical Engineers often build such set ups... robots, gliders, UAVs, bicycles, etc.... for their senior project. Everything has been done to death, so a bigfoot finding blimp would be an excellent project. All it would have to do is fly and send back pictures and the student gets an A.

Never heard of Mr William Barnes before. Was that the first email and phone number, because Dr Meldums email and phone number was at the end of the article?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#59    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,885 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 October 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

I wish these fellows good luck.

Looked initially to me like a Senior Project type thing. Mechanical Engineers often build such set ups... robots, gliders, UAVs, bicycles, etc.... for their senior project. Everything has been done to death, so a bigfoot finding blimp would be an excellent project. All it would have to do is fly and send back pictures and the student gets an A.

Never heard of Mr William Barnes before. Was that the first email and phone number, because Dr Meldums email and phone number was at the end of the article?

I emailed both. William Barnes has replied. I have asked him to join in on this discussion. I am waiting for any word from Dr. Meldum.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#60    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,548 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostVidgange, on 14 October 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this project unfolds, especially since we got our own expert panel here in Sakari and QuiteContrary :D

Haha. If I’m an expert we’re all in trouble. A lot more information is needed on this ship and project, anyway.

Simply, I’ll believe in this airship’s forest animal (not holding my breath for sasquatch) tracking capabilities after it proves its forest animal tracking capabilities.

As a skeptic the whole project is fantastical, imo. But anything that flies I find interesting and I’d sure like to see it built and fly.

It’s this ship’s success for its intended purpose (the general tracking animal part not the specific sasquatch part) I have problems with, as a layman, and am far from deluding myself as some expert.

Fortunately for me, anyone (no tests no requirements) can participate in UM discussions. And fortunately for Meldrum, I won't be building his big ship. :)

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 October 2012 - 11:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users