Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Goddess instead of God

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#76    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 09 December 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

Has this Council (IIRC) (never heard of it) informed the catholic church in Rome? or the Head of the Church of England? Or any of the other State Reglions of the world?
Note that Wearer said "prior to". The resolution of this council, the Nicene Creed, is the basic tenet of all Christianity.

#77    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

What other people think of as God I think of as a positive, intelligent energy that permeates everything; we live in it, it lives in us, and don't think of it as a gender at all. But when I do ceremony I always evoke the feminine or the female aspects of that energy. It makes for awesomely beautiful altars, with pretty fabric, flowers, representations of the moon & stars, Yemoja the Yoruba goddess of the ocean and Olokun, the goddess of the deepest part of the ocean, incense, goddess statues or representations, river stones. Uh oh, I think my altar-building gene just kicked in!

#78    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,287 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 09 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Do you think the world would be different if rather than following a God the Abrahamic religions viewed the Divine as female rather than masculine? Mother rather than Father.  What if Jesus or Mohammad would have been a women?
For some reason I believe The Holy Mother of Christ  was visited by an angel before the immaculate conception, even though there are similar stories, not exact but similar. Those other stories have caused me to turn somewhat away from my faith but over the years everything else just felt so empty without christ.I do believe in him very much so.

edit:why is there no spell check on this forum?

Edited by Reann, 21 December 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#79    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

• Hi! :-)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostReann, on 21 December 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

For some reason I believe The Holy Mother of Christ  was visited by an angel before the immaculate conception, even though there are similar stories, not exact but similar. Those other stories have caused me to turn somewhat away from my faith but over the years everything else just felt so empty without christ.I do believe in him very much

Ditto

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#80    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 18 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Sounds like my Dad, he to was an atheist. I miss him. He was a great story teller with a singular sense of humor.  I know a lot of atheist, more than I do Christians.  One is a musician.  I find logic and creativity go hand in hand most of time.

Sounds like my people too. The older generation people I know are mostly athiest and my generation are mostly christian.. I am extremely glad for my upbringing (not being raised in the church). I am starting to see the older generation become more spiritual, in thier youth (when I was growing up) they didnt consider it at all but were very into human rights. I come from a political activist family...

I love my life and all the people god has put in it....

Edited by SpiritWriter, 21 December 2012 - 04:57 PM.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#81    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,082 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I tell them they are like god to me because of thier hearts....

#82    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 17,041 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

For some reason I believe The Holy Mother of Christ  was visited by an angel before the immaculate conception, even though there are similar stories, not exact but similar. Those other stories have caused me to turn somewhat away from my faith but over the years everything else just felt so empty without christ.I do believe in him very much so.

I dont know, but 8 years and 10000 posts along, it still annoys me. Not so much spelling but typo errrors are  a pain. People say to write in word and spell check, then copy and paste, but that also is time consuming and a PITA to someone who had to learn their typing and word processing skills after a half a century and is completely self taught.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#83    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,094 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 21 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

I dont know, but 8 years and 10000 posts along, it still annoys me. Not so much spelling but typo errrors are  a pain. People say to write in word and spell check, then copy and paste, but that also is time consuming and a PITA to someone who had to learn their typing and word processing skills after a half a century and is completely self taught.
Patience is a virtue - typos are like stutters, everyone has them from time to time but it's no excuse to not listen and discern the message being imparted.  What matters most is that people can be heard (or read) and their thoughts acknowledged and valued, if not agreed with.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#84    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,635 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

I use this one. http://www.iespell.com/  My spelling is awful.  Y'all would have no idea what I was writting about without it.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#85    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 17,041 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 21 December 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Patience is a virtue - typos are like stutters, everyone has them from time to time but it's no excuse to not listen and discern the message being imparted.  What matters most is that people can be heard (or read) and their thoughts acknowledged and valued, if not agreed with.
OH i didnt mean OTHER people's typos. They dont worry me at all. I can decipher a 13 year old's hand written scrawl or wildly incorrect but spell checked words in a report essay etc. No, i was referring to my own incompetence. :innocent:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#86    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,287 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 21 December 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Ditto
yeah,♥

#87    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 09 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Do you think the world would be different if rather than following a God the Abrahamic religions viewed the Divine as female rather than masculine? Mother rather than Father.  What if Jesus or Mohammad would have been a women?
The end result would have been the same. Gender does not matter as much as people like to think

#88    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,287 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 21 December 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

I use this one. http://www.iespell.com/  My spelling is awful.  Y'all would have no idea what I was writting about without it.
For some reason spell check is working now for me on this site. I didn't add it , it just appeared. Let me just say that , I've been insulted a lot online about my grammar . maybe I  ought to brush up on it. I place commas where they don't belong, maybe because i place them as though I'm talking, I often pause when i talk when something else comes to my mind, lot's of thoughts and ideas, but really bad grammar skills , that's my problem.

Edited by Reann, 07 January 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#89    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,287 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostBlueogre2, on 27 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

The end result would have been the same. Gender does not matter as much as people like to think
I think gender does matter, but not as if anyone is better than anyone  , or closer to God because of their gender, but yeah, i do think it matters , and not solely because of reproduction either .I think everything matters .I think there's a reason why Christ was male and not female .

#90    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Government Agent

• 3,287 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostBeany, on 21 December 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

What other people think of as God I think of as a positive, intelligent energy that permeates everything; we live in it, it lives in us, and don't think of it as a gender at all. But when I do ceremony I always evoke the feminine or the female aspects of that energy. It makes for awesomely beautiful altars, with pretty fabric, flowers, representations of the moon & stars, Yemoja the Yoruba goddess of the ocean and Olokun, the goddess of the deepest part of the ocean, incense, goddess statues or representations, river stones. Uh oh, I think my altar-building gene just kicked in!
I think your alters sound beautiful but in all respect, I know in my heart that there is only one true God ,and all of nature is like an image of God's identiy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users