Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roswell base photographers speak out

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#196    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Just to clear the air here sir, we both understand and agree that you place no value on what I say, and I reciprocate.  :tu:

#197    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 29 April 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

Just to clear the air here sir, we both understand and agree that you place no value on what I say, and I reciprocate.  :tu:

It's not about tit for tat. It's about demonstrable facts. Without resorting to "the government is hiding them" or some other null hypothesis, where are your demonstrable facts?

#198    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

It is not a null hypothesis to note that most governments, including the US, routinely suppress facts and prevaricate.  Those humans paying attention, cynical perhaps but observant, have known that for centuries.

In the case of this UFO business, Project Blue Book and all the other massive amounts of information and facts, it is clear to the curious and open-minded that government keeps stuff secret.  Your powers of observation may not be sufficient to allow you to understand that little factoid, but mine are, and I'm not alone in that regard.

Recognizing and understanding the government's record of deception is not a null hypothesis, it is based upon empirical evidence.

Peace.

#199    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,844 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 29 April 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

Very defeatist of you BR. That you served for your country retains for me a modicum of respect for you, but you have given me no reason at all to consider your wild claims to be valid in any way whatsoever. In short, you fail when it comes to substantiating your claims, and in my opinion, if one cannot substantiate that which they claim - not as a belief, but fact - then one simply should not make it. I understand speculation, but you are quoting alleged hard facts from MSM sources and stating "it's the truth" and in the next breath damning MSM. Can you explain to me why anyone would see that as a valid stance? Or why I should not correct the erroneous information which you post with the best available explanations? All you have illustrated is extreme paranoia. I'd be impressed to see you explain your position any other way.

View PostBabe Ruth, on 29 April 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

It is not a null hypothesis to note that most governments, including the US, routinely suppress facts and prevaricate.  Those humans paying attention, cynical perhaps but observant, have known that for centuries.

Big news flash mate, that;s no secret, and if you cannot work out why Governments need to keep some secrets, I challenge your claim of having served. That is a necessary part of keeping freedom. I for one am happy I am not living in a Shariah community, and if secrets are required to keep that way of life, then I am more than happy to accept this part of life as it is. You cannot possibly be stupid enough to think that everything military can be transparent surely?

It is not particularly observant to take in the bleeding obvious. Paranoia changes the way you view the obvious, and you base it on incidents in the past that are indeed dubious, such as MKUltra, the dangerous usage of LSD in such a wanton fashion was indeed a sad chapter in history. But that's like saying all Germans are like Hitler.

In the case of this UFO business, Project Blue Book and all the other massive amounts of information and facts, it is clear to the curious and open-minded that government keeps stuff secret.  

Rubbish, pretty much every Government in the world has released their UFO files, and they all corroborate, and they all know squat. What the US has released is very much in the same vein. What has been "hidden" is absolute nonsense, when we got to look inside the files, we found little gems like this hidden away:

Posted Image

They opened the Roswell box, it had a RAWIN, people screamed "cover up!!" there is no pleasing the paranoid. You lot want an alien, and nothing else will do, whether it exists or not. The curious have looked into these files, you are NOT the curious, you're a lazy surfer looking for an easy answer. If you looked, you would see that your claims are wild and heavily exaggerated, not to mention, totally unsubstantiated, and reliant on your very own demon - MSM. That is the garbage you regurgitate, I have been watching this phenomena for 35 years, and I know MSM versions of these well repeated tales when I see them, and BR, that's ALL you regurgitate here - MSM. As I said, you have become that which you despise -  and feel free to impress me and prove me wrong at any time. Any examples of your "deep research" would do. I can come up with many ridiculous claims like your made up mathematicians from Gavrinis Island to show you do not investigate at all, but rely on MSM entirely. And I am more than happy to expose your sources.

Lets get it all on the table if you feel you have something more than MSM hey? What exactly can you bring to it?

I thought so.

Your powers of observation may not be sufficient to allow you to understand that little factoid, but mine are, and I'm not alone in that regard.

Our powers of observation far surpass yours by way of that which you have presented with regards to evidences.  No you are not alone, there are other paranoid people who rely totally on MSM to feed that personal pet. Your so called factoid is not supported by example. It's more than obvious that it is all in your head. As I said, I blame Alex Jones for people like you, and that is why I think the man is scum. I feel it is taking advantage of a fellow human being.  

Recognizing and understanding the government's record of deception is not a null hypothesis, it is based upon empirical evidence.

Thats is not the case you have presented, you have presented an appeal to authority. The Government has been voted in out and reformed dozens of times since the incidents you mention, as there has been nothing valid to complain about for some time, people like you started making things up to be worried about. I am guessing that is a part of human nature more prevalent in others than myself. I over-worry about my children, you over-worry about the Government, you should maybe get out a bit more.

Peace.

And you too. I do not despise you, I think your misguided ways are the result of others taking advantage of you, I do not see you as a deliberate false source, but more a pawn. If you were deliberate, then I would have a very different opinion, and would not bother with explaining myself to you at all.

Edited by psyche101, 29 April 2014 - 10:24 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#200    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,584 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

"psyche101 " Its Im sure now not the 101, BR & Z are from the 420. ,360. Now If all that math gets anyones goat,Well Send a Dollar to Texas Tequilla Drinkers Club for the Answer`s ! :tu: justDONTEATUS

This is a Work in Progress!

#201    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

In the case of this UFO business, Project Blue Book and all the other massive amounts of information and facts, it is clear to the curious and open-minded that government keeps stuff secret.  Your powers of observation may not be sufficient to allow you to understand that little factoid, but mine are, and I'm not alone in that regard.

Peace.

It is totally a null hypothesis.  You have no proof anything happened nor do you have proof anything was suppressed.   Yes, governments have secrets and sometimes even lie.  That does not mean you have a ready-made excuse every time your pet belief is not validated.  

Believers like to call themselves open minded but are typically only open to one hypothesis.  One hypothesis is not very open minded.

Edited by sinewave, 30 April 2014 - 01:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users