Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

USA mass murders?!

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#46    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

View Postdekker87, on 01 June 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

ok...i'm getting a little bored of repeating myself here...

situations where the USA supported those who carried out mass murder does not equal the USA committing mass murder.

Yes it does... in fact it's american foreign policy on the War on Terror.

'you are either with us or with the terrorists'  --GW Bush

This same policy has been adopted by the current Obama Democrats Administration.... 'those who harbor terrorists...'

Edited by acidhead, 01 June 2011 - 04:37 PM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#47    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

View Postexpandmymind, on 01 June 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Mass murder (in military contexts, sometimes interchangeable with "mass destruction") is the act of murdering a large number of people (four or more), typically at the same time or over a relatively short period of time.[1] According to the FBI, mass murder is defined as four or more murders occurring during a particular event with no cooling-off period between the murders. A mass murder typically occurs in a single location in which a number of victims are killed by an individual or more.[2]

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mass_murder

FBI definition.

Well going by that then just about every country in the world has committed mass murder.

Though I guess it could be argued that most of the cases were more manslaughter than murder. Really need to work out a firm definition otherwise you'll have people just running around in circles.

Edited by Corp, 01 June 2011 - 04:39 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#48    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

View Postexpandmymind, on 01 June 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Mass murder (in military contexts, sometimes interchangeable with "mass destruction") is the act of murdering a large number of people (four or more), typically at the same time or over a relatively short period of time.[1] According to the FBI, mass murder is defined as four or more murders occurring during a particular event with no cooling-off period between the murders. A mass murder typically occurs in a single location in which a number of victims are killed by an individual or more.[2]

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mass_murder

FBI definition.

:lol:

not exactly what you meant when you first started saying the US has committed mass murder tho was it.

:P

#49    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

I don't think so. Lots, yes, and maybe those countries are slightly in the majority, but not "just about every".

#50    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

View Postacidhead, on 01 June 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

Yes it does... in fact it's american foreign policy on the War on Terror.

'you are either with us or with the terrorists'  --GW Bush

This same policy has been adopted by the current Obama Democrats Administration.... 'those who harbor terrorists...'

expandmymind - altho wrong - is capable of intelligent (ish) debate...he's simply mistaken in a lot of his beliefs...but i'll rectify that for him

you sir are neither capable of intelligent debate nor innocently mistaken...you hate america and the west on some sort of reactionary infantile level and as such i'll ignore your contributions to this thread.

:tu:

oh and btw - 'acid'head!?!?!

i bet you're a white guy with dreads who speaks in a faux-jamaican accent eh.

#51    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

View Postdekker87, on 01 June 2011 - 04:41 PM, said:

expandmymind - altho wrong - is capable of intelligent (ish) debate...he's simply mistaken in a lot of his beliefs...but i'll rectify that for him

you sir are neither capable of intelligent debate nor innocently mistaken...you hate america and the west on some sort of reactionary infantile level and as such i'll ignore your contributions to this thread.

:tu:

oh and btw - 'acid'head!?!?!

i bet you're a white guy with dreads who speaks in a faux-jamaican accent eh.

it's your ball

#52    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostCorp, on 01 June 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

Well going by that then just about every country in the world has committed mass murder.

Though I guess it could be argued that most of the cases were more manslaughter than murder. Really need to work out a firm definition otherwise you'll have people just running around in circles.

EMM's definition basically amounts to anyone who has ever died whose death can be linked back to the USA in some way, shape or form.

View Postacidhead, on 01 June 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

it's your ball

yeah man!!!

irie!!!

#53    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,041 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

ok Dekker... Your OP was this:

"after several 'learned' posters have referred to american atrocities today yet appear unable to actually back them up with any hard facts i'm opening it up to everyone.....

can anyone post anything that gives weight to expandmymind and solarplexus's accusations / statements that the USA has committed mass murder in the last 60 years!? "

For folks that haven't read the threads... What does that mean? Personally, I don't even know what threads your talking about. You started a thread for folks to prove other members comments in other threads right without providing any of the threads.

What is it that expandmymind and solarplexus are saying that you had to start a thread about?

#54    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

hahha... I had to look up the word 'irie'.

#55    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

View Postdekker87, on 01 June 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

EMM's definition basically amounts to anyone who has ever died whose death can be linked back to the USA in some way, shape or form.

Actually, I personally equate it to a number like 20, 50, or 100. That's what I think when I hear the term "mass murder".

#56    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

I was under the impression that if you sold someone weapons,and that person then killed/or tortured someone with those weapons you was partly responsible for there actions?
or maybe i'm juiced up on goofballs

http://drugaddict.li...om/3494291.html

Edited by ali smack, 01 June 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#57    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

View Postacidhead, on 01 June 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

hahha... I had to look up the word 'irie'.

;)

#58    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• 1,369 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

View Postali smack, on 01 June 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

I was under the impression that if you sold someone weapons,and that person then killed/or tortured someone with those weapons you was partly responsible for there actions?
or maybe i'm juiced up on goofballs

http://drugaddict.li...om/3494291.html

indeed but partly responsible is not the same as having committed the act itself...which is what was stated.

#59    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

View Postdekker87, on 01 June 2011 - 06:11 PM, said:

indeed but partly responsible is not the same as having committed the act itself...which is what was stated.

Just curious...

If I gave my neighbor a gun and cash and he killed his neighbor am I guilty of any crime?

#60    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

View Postexpandmymind, on 01 June 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

Actually, I personally equate it to a number like 20, 50, or 100. That's what I think when I hear the term "mass murder".

Yeah same here. You hear mass murder and you get the picture of bodies everywhere.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users