Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#4816    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Missouri witnesses report missing time after close encounter

http://www.examiner....close-encounter

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4817    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 September 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Missouri witnesses report missing time after close encounter

http://www.examiner....close-encounter

Nice case SP.  Thanks for the post.

Posted Image

#4818    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,606 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Dang it Sweetpumper ! I just Took my Tin Foil Hat off too ! :clap:

This is a Work in Progress!

#4819    Classified Document

Classified Document

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostSkepticalB, on 10 August 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Other times we have pizza parties.

Posted Image

~ Sorry ~

#4820    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,108 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yeah, right?

solid argument for science if I ever did see one

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#4821    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Nothing like eye-witness testimony,... beats hard scientific peer reviewed evidence every time. :w00t:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#4822    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

It was a clear summer evening in 1790. A settler in New York’s Schoharie County was sitting on the porch of his dwelling playing his fiddle. About 9 p.m., a bright shining light appeared in the northern sky with a great roar. He indicates that it grew in intensity until it would have outshown the noonday sun. The resident remarked that the light was so bright that he could have “… picked up pins in every corner.” Cont...

http://www.syracusen...o-sighting.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4823    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,796 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 27 September 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

It was a clear summer evening in 1790. A settler in New York’s Schoharie County was sitting on the porch of his dwelling playing his fiddle. About 9 p.m., a bright shining light appeared in the northern sky with a great roar. He indicates that it grew in intensity until it would have outshown the noonday sun. The resident remarked that the light was so bright that he could have “… picked up pins in every corner.” Cont...

http://www.syracusen...o-sighting.html
Secret Aircraft.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4824    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yep. Military.

#4825    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,606 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

YEah ! George Washington Was Flying It ! :gun:

This is a Work in Progress!

#4826    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 27 September 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Yeah, right?

solid argument for science if I ever did see one

Science has written itself out of the UFO phenomena and has no part to play at the moment and never will have if it keeps going the way it is.

Without serious reform, the scientific community can actually offer very little.

Some say it is a great shame.  I say not really.  If it get's it's act together then fine.  I will listen.  It's no good fielding self confirmed skeptics who never bother to investigate cases or listen to witnesses; that's blatantly obvious.

It needs these people to climb down from their self-built ivory towers and get seriously stuck into cases with much more of an open mind.

It's sciences loss not Ufology's loss.

Edited by zoser, 28 September 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Posted Image

#4827    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

View Postzoser, on 28 September 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Science has written itself out of the UFO phenomena and has no part to play at the moment and never will have if it keeps going the way it is.

Without serious reform, the scientific community can actually offer very little.

Some say it is a great shame.  I say not really.  If it get's it's act together then fine.  I will listen.  It's no good fielding self confirmed skeptics who never bother to investigate cases or listen to witnesses; that's blatantly obvious.

It needs these people to climb down from their self-built ivory towers and get seriously stuck into cases with much more of an open mind.

It's sciences loss not Ufology's loss.
I'll give you credit there in that what you say makes sense.
Although I come across as a stubborn skeptic often, it should not detract from the fact I believe, beyond shadow of doubt, that many appearances of UFO's are of ET origin.  It p***es me off that most of the so called "authors" write complete nonsense, claiming people told them this and that "off the record".

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#4828    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 28 September 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'll give you credit there in that what you say makes sense.
Although I come across as a stubborn skeptic often, it should not detract from the fact I believe, beyond shadow of doubt, that many appearances of UFO's are of ET origin.  It p***es me off that most of the so called "authors" write complete nonsense, claiming people told them this and that "off the record".

If I understand you correctly you are saying that you wish that UFO authors and researchers would use a little more scientific rigour?

I would agree.  Everyone should exercise responsibility to check and verify claims where possible.

Edited by zoser, 28 September 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#4829    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

A former cable TV reporter believes he caught video of a UFO near his home in Hong Kong.

According to ePrice.com.hk, a Hong Kong online merchant, the man who captured the UFO video was Wu Xiaodong Yi, who they say is a former cable TV reporter for TVB in Hong Kong. ePrice reports that Yi first spotted the UFO on the evening of October 5, but was only able to take a low quality cell phone photograph of it.

In hopes that the UFO would return, the next night Yi was prepared with a video camera to record the object. Luckily, Yi was right, and the object did return. He was able to get a few minutes of video before the object disappeared.

#4830    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,924 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 October 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

A former cable TV reporter believes he caught video of a UFO near his home in Hong Kong.

According to ePrice.com.hk, a Hong Kong online merchant, the man who captured the UFO video was Wu Xiaodong Yi, who they say is a former cable TV reporter for TVB in Hong Kong. ePrice reports that Yi first spotted the UFO on the evening of October 5, but was only able to take a low quality cell phone photograph of it.

In hopes that the UFO would return, the next night Yi was prepared with a video camera to record the object. Luckily, Yi was right, and the object did return. He was able to get a few minutes of video before the object disappeared.

Convenient it came back the next night isnt it?  The shape is typical of zooming in on any light source and the distortion making shapes, diamond shapes typically have something to with the aperture I believe, tho Im sure the photo buffs will correct me if Im wrong !!

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users