Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I met my soulmate online!

Bling

Has anyone met their partner online? I met my lovely man on Myspace years ago, we then were members of the same forum, progressed to emails, instant messenger, then Skype. After 6 months of online stuff we texted and then finally plucked up the courage to phone each other. The best bit was when I drove 250 miles to meet him, brought him home with me and he hasn't left me since!.....well we did go back to collect his things and meet the family of course!

:wub:

Anyone else?

• Like 7

I met Mrs Mule online (suprsie suprise). turned out she only lived a few blocks away.

• Like 6

I destroyed the best relationship I have had or ever will have because of an online dalliance... so it's a definite potential trap for marrieds who think "cheating" is something done only in your hometown. But for singles? Probably much more valid a way to become close to someone than meeting in a bar.

• Like 2

I destroyed the best relationship I have had or ever will have because of an online dalliance... so it's a definite potential trap for marrieds who think "cheating" is something done only in your hometown. But for singles? Probably much more valid a way to become close to someone than meeting in a bar.

It happens alot, sorry to hear that.....but yes for singles it's a much better way because you can fall in love with your best friend :)

• Like 3

Nope. Only met psychos online..but i'm glad you found someone. :)

In my experience..there is usually a reason someone can't find a date in real life..just saying.

• Like 3

Does an inflatable doll count? (We first exchanged looks online)

We parted after I discovered she was addicted to bingo. Never away from the local Mecca Hall. Hardly ever saw her, and never any "winnings".

*tears up* :(

(am only kiddin' for god's sake)

I've actually managed to make a complete pigs-ear of every relationship I've ever had. I can't blame anyone, and part of me still loves every girlfriend I've ever had. Seriously.

Am thinking.. I'm maybe too damn selfish. Grr.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 6

Nope. Only met psychos online..but i'm glad you found someone. :)

In my experience..there is usually a reason someone can't find a date in real life..just saying.

That's a very old fashioned view.....haven't heard it in years.

• Like 2

That's a very old fashioned view.....haven't heard it in years.

Ditto.

*sings* "Turn a different corner and we never would have met..."

'tis fate that decides your destiny. :)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

i have yes..... this is for her..edited of course.......but not too much we are all adults right... ummmm mod.. please edit out anything you think isnt fit

To Laura, the keeper of my heart

It is funny to think that most people tend to drink to drown out the voices in order to function, though in my case it was the screaming voices (literally) that helped me sort through the events, exchanges, implied meanings, and innuendos. I suppose it was when I was standing like a statue in the hot hot sun , with sweat rolling down my back I had some epiphionic thoughts.. and yes I made up a new word. I kinda like it reminiscent of words such as lonking and onvisouy!

Laura, from the moment I came across you here (nearly 5 years ago) I knew we were connected. With every letter that flowed from your fingertips to the screen, I felt a purpose for the first time. Every sentence filled up the emptiness and replaced it with hope. Though it wasn’t until I heard your voice that I KNEW you were my soulmate. Every whisper that rolled off your tongue, and every sigh that intoxicated me pointed this out to me. Since the day I walked out your door, then lost you the emptiness crept back in. For years I was lost(in the woods for the most part lol) but really in life, I simply was existing going through everyday motions wishing for it all to go away and longing for the days when the void was non-existant. Life came and went, nothing made me happy, I tried to fill the void but nothing even came close… nothing not even by a long shot. Until I stumbled upon you once again… here back where it all started. I was told by a friend, who thinks I am going insane by the way with all the ramblings I have texted her, and I quote “you love laura so much you are starting to see her everywhere”.. I think that is true. I know that somewhere here amongst the …(let me check the numbers).. 107,949 members, am certain she is watching and that this will find its way to her.

Laura, I want to comfort you when are sad, encourage you when you get frustrated, hold you while you sleep, kiss you goodnight, wake to your smile every morning, bring you breakfast in bed (maybe waffles though I made need help), snuggle on the couch and silently watch movies with you (is that a sexy sigh I hear …what is going on under that blanket)…and a lot of other things I shan’t mention or that one could imagine.. id rather just show you. I want to splash in mud puddles with the kids… ALL of them (that would make 7 of us right), have snowball fights, make them chase the football I kick, why leaves change color in the fall, and enjoying the first footprints in the sand(and snow) …and teaching them all about how worms are not a nice thing to make people eat!!!!! and much much more

These things are all I have to offer, but they are all that matters. If you are ready and willing, take my hand and let’s spend the rest of our days enjoying the adventure we know as life. After all I think we have waited long enough!!!! Don’t you?

I have a few things on my end I need to tie up on my own…. Starting tonight. Part of that big upheaval I stated that I needed. Isn’t it wondrous how, where, and when these epiphionic thoughts occur. Now regardless of your decision, this upheaval is happening on my end, I would rather have you (laura) as a part of it though.. as honestly I would rather spend my days alone than with anyone other than you (and my own kiddos of course). I would however request your help with one part, the parents… just want you there is all so they can see just how we are truly soulmates!

If this is even possible and something you want as much as I do, I would like to plan to meet as soon as possible…. 2 days and night next week (weds and thurs I believe)…… the sooner the better though. I just better make sure I don’t have windblown car hair..lol and smell like sweat .. my fan is broke in the van. I will drive however far I need to, just hoping it isn’t Alaska because that would mean I would have to walk as I would drive out of gas eventually. Let me know what you think… you have my number!

Your turtle forever,

~Torrie

• Like 2

Yes *winks at El* but he won't open the door for me when I knock all night and leaves me hanging out of windows all night!! Lmao

• Like 1

Anymore everyone is online so I guess you can't help but meeting someone. Just be careful about who you hook up with. Glad things worked out for you Bling Zombie. So many times they don't, they aren't who you thought.

However if you are married or engaged that online romance thingy is still cheating.

• Like 2

The woman I had met online turned out to be more loving, and caring than the woman who I had actually "dumped" her for off-line. I ruined the best thing that happened to me. Even when she was in relationships (after our two - three year break up), she would still tell me that she was deeply in love with me, and that it didn't feel "the same" being with them. She was crying on webcam and everything...

We tried it again last year, but it didn't work out. I was stupid, and pushed her away. However...

She's now married, and happy... and has a child. I am very happy for her. Her daughter is very adorable. :)

As for me? I pushed away the only woman in my love history to truly love me, even if she was two thousand kilometres away. The woman who had lived with me, who I thought loved me (but it turns out, she used me for a place to live) was merely putting on a face to get what she wanted.

Keep this. This is special. I wish you nothing but happiness.

Edited by Alienated Being
  • Like 2

I have become doubtful of "soulmates". I think mine died in an accident before I met him. Better to find peace of mind alone at this point.

• Like 1

From past experience they either look nothing like you pictured or the good looking ones are just players looking for an easy *Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Bypassing the profanity filter

If that comment is to me... I have been told by a lot of guys it is easy to get laid via Internet... So many guys cheat because it's easy

Very true

Things must be different where you're at, no offense. Unfortunately in America there are numerous psychotic predators online, that we all have to look out for. I wouldn't say that it's old fashion point of view, just careful.

Where do you think I''m from, Brigadoon?

There are "psychotic predators" in every bar and shopping mall in every city on the planet. Does it stop us drinking and shopping? Common sense protects us from the ones in bars and malls and it should protect us from internet psychos, e. g. you don't give your name, address and phone number to someone you have never ever seen or met before in your life just because they appear to be really, really nice online.

Simples. For most. (lol)

p.s. No offence.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

I have become doubtful of "soulmates". I think mine died in an accident before I met him.

You cannot know this for certain. He could be looking for you, as I type. And most probably is... so don't be hiding yourself away from him. :)

You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

• Like 1

If that comment is to me... I have been told by a lot of guys it is easy to get laid via Internet... So many guys cheat because it's easy

Guys also lie a lot. And when it concerns sex, guys can lie even more than usual. A whole lot more. (lol)

• Like 1

I met my husband online; I was doing my Masters in Film Studies and was researching the Karnstein trilogy, so was active on various Hammer films websites. He's a Hammer expert so we got to chatting online about the films and my research.

We discovered we would both be attending the Fantastic Films Festival in Bradford as it was focussing on Hammer and we met for lunch at the Festival. That was eight years ago and we celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary last month!

• Like 6