Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Okla. Tea Party GOP Candidate on Killing Gays

Paranormalcy

Scott Esk, a Republican Tea Party candidate in Oklahoma, got into a debate on Facebook last summer in which he advocated killing homosexuals.

I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” Esk wrote in comments uncovered by Oklahoma journalist Rob Morris. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

When pressed, Esk added: "I never said I would author legislation to put homosexuals to death, but I didn’t have a problem with it."

Source: http://www.huffingto..._n_5486678.html

Sometimes my state gets in the news for good things. Some very RARE times. We have a lot of astronauts, I'm proud to note, or at least parts that get made for astronautical needs. So... there's that.

Then... the things we export though... not so positive and forward-thinking. I am officially requesting to be adopted by any more blue-leaning state. I'd like to take the role of a cat, if you want to get one but don't want to mess with a litterbox. I am housebroken, though I do shed.

• Like 2

From the article:

"I look forward to applying Biblical principles to Oklahoma Law".

Sharia law - eat your heart out, there's a new kid on the block (or, well an old kid wearing new clothes anyway). :cry::no:

Edited by libstaK

This is why people think America is becoming a third world country. I do not hate Americans, but I can't stand muricans. Seattle,Portland,San fran/Bay area and NY are awesome. But the rest, count me out.

This is why people think America is becoming a third world country. I do not hate Americans, but I can't stand muricans. Seattle,Portland,San fran/Bay area and NY are awesome. But the rest, count me out.

Duly noted. I will gladly count you out. Good riddance.

• Like 5

Don't let the vocal few let you judge the folks in the rest of the country. These idiots saying these things are outliers and not a true representation of normal folks.

• Like 2

There was someone else from Oklahoma who advocated legalising cannabis based on biblical principles as well recently, wasn't there, which just proves how you really can use it to justifya nything. I think I know which one I'd support.

• Like 1

"if you don't support killing gays based on what it says in the Old Testament, you can just get the goshdarned hell out and move to some liberal commie country???" So now one has to support this to be a patriotic American??

You know I actually do care about Americans, no sarcasm intended. Between the rampant homophobia of red states and the constant shootings which dominate it makes the country look awful. Anyone with half a brain knows not all of your are like this, but there is something fundamentally wrong with a place when a 6 year old dies in cold blood and the nra is trying to garner publicity off of it.

• Like 1

Where are you from where you don't have people that say stupid things? I'm a Seattle native but believe me when I tell you there are people from all over the country (and world) living here including people from OK, and I know from personal experience that there are plenty of good respectful easy going people in OK, such as the man that posted this story probably. List where you're from in your profile if you're not ashamed of being from there.

It always amazes me to what lengths the tea brains go to help the Republicans to loose the next elections....

I wonder if he thinks those working on Saturday should be put to death..

Is this a true story? If so, I am deeply troubled and appalled by it.

Where are you from where you don't have people that say stupid things? I'm a Seattle native but believe me when I tell you there are people from all over the country (and world) living here including people from OK, and I know from personal experience that there are plenty of good respectful easy going people in OK, such as the man that posted this story probably. List where you're from in your profile if you're not ashamed of being from there.

People do say stupid things everywhere but certain places are more homophobic than others. And for your information I am originally from Montreal, currently living in Calgary.

People do say stupid things everywhere but certain places are more homophobic than others. And for your information I am originally from Montreal, currently living in Calgary.

Well since your not from Toronto I guess I can't say anything negative about you eh? :D

Oh course you can, Alberta is a redneck backwoods kind of place. The texas of Canada if you will and in fact Calgary is quite bigoted and hate filled.

Well he isn't definitely going to become an senator or governor for sure. He is advocating lynching the gay community due to religious intolerance. All states are bound by the constitution except for Texas, separation of church and state is a must.

Source: http://www.huffingto..._n_5486678.html

Sometimes my state gets in the news for good things. Some very RARE times. We have a lot of astronauts, I'm proud to note, or at least parts that get made for astronautical needs. So... there's that.

Then... the things we export though... not so positive and forward-thinking. I am officially requesting to be adopted by any more blue-leaning state. I'd like to take the role of a cat, if you want to get one but don't want to mess with a litterbox. I am housebroken, though I do shed.

If that was Britain the political party would've kicked him out the moment he said it and his political career would be over,even people on the right who are religious don't come out with crap like that here

Edited by dr no

If that was Britain the political party would've kicked him out the moment he said it and his political career would be over,even people on the right who are religious don't come out with crap like that here

Thankfully it would be the same here.

I can't remember when I last saw a candidate from one of our major political parties, who publicly used the bible to guide their political views. I have no idea who of our politicians believes in god (not even the Prime Minister), because that is just never an issue here.

I hope that the citizens of Colorado doesn't elect him. Please, please, please !

If that was Britain the political party would've kicked him out the moment he said it and his political career would be over,

Something Nigel Farage has quite a bit of experience of doing .... :innocent:
  • Like 1

From the article:

"I look forward to applying Biblical principles to Oklahoma Law".

Sharia law - eat your heart out, there's a new kid on the block (or, well an old kid wearing new clothes anyway). :cry::no:

Cool - will incest, rape, slavery, and genocide be approved as well? Because not only is that in the Christian magic book, but it's also encouraged by their Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And if you're following some of the discussions in the religious forum, I made a statement that I don't have problems with religion and Christianity in general as long as people keep their personal feelings to themselves and stop trying to shove it down everyone's throats. Some forum members called me on it and said that they had never encountered anything like that.

Well, here you go.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

Cool - will incest, rape, slavery, and genocide be approved as well? Because not only is that in the Christian magic book, but it's also encouraged by their Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And if you're following some of the discussions in the religious forum, I made a statement that I don't have problems with religion and Christianity in general as long as people keep their personal feelings to themselves and stop trying to shove it down everyone's throats. Some forum members called me on it and said that they had never encountered anything like that.

Well, here you go.

You and I must have a very different definition of shoving something down someone's throat. How does a window washer, with a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected, making an idiotic statement constitute shoving anything down anyone's throat? I'm thrilled he made his opinion known. He put the final nail in his own political coffin.

• Like 2

I wonder if he thinks those working on Saturday should be put to death..

Odds are that he, like most Christians, do not understand that we are fulfilled Jews.

This slip up on his part is so fascinating to me. It is his deeply held belief that he should be killing people just for who they are.

Wow. Just, wow. I thought we were outta the Dark Ages.

• Like 1

Maybe it's time for Scott Esk to come out of the closet and stop hating himself?

I guess I did omit my own true horror at seeing this article - I think I was (rare for me) truly stunned beyond being able to make a full reaction.

First off, it IS free speech (I think), and though this is very borderline hate speech by the candidate, as long as it IS covered (I'm not a lawyer so I'm not sure where the line is on this kind of thing), I do think as a citizen, he should have the right to say it in a civil manner, as reprehensible as it is, if he is truly expressing his thoughts or beliefs. And I love and agree with Michelle's point that he has made it publicly known how incredibly unelectable he is by his own actions - that was very considerate of him to highlight himself to reasonable people so they wouldn't miss his "antics".

Secondly, while there is definitely a religious issue here, and separation of church and state and all that, that VITALLY needs addressed, especially in Oklahoma and most red states (as was pointed out by non-Americans in this thread, this kind of statement would NEVER fly in other western countries), for me, there is a HUMAN element here that should be MORE important to examine. Look at it like a blind taste-test type thing. You put the candidates behind a "curtain" so you don't know their religion or anything else, and have them give a single statement, and "Kill the gays" is behind curtain 2.

Does this not HORRIFY *EVERYONE*, regardless of your religion?! I personally am not even sure I could vote for the death penalty for the most heinous actual crimes, but to me it is UNCONSCIONABLE that anyone in 2014 would say "We really ought to kill X because of their religion/school of thought/romantic and sexual partners". You can argue the broad application of "harmful" (as in, same-sex public affection or marriage is "harmful" to the family unit or the children or America's morals), but homosexuals are not HURTING anyone by EXISTING! They're not molesting or abusing you if you see them kiss or get married or they talk about their lives. There are ex-cons and released murderers living among us, that *might* be deserving of at least the thought of official, "civil" capital punishment for their acts that have DIRECTLY taken or destroyed lives, but even then, who, that calls themselves civilized or a follower of any vaguely "loving" path, could possibly see STONING as a reasonable method?! But bedroom practices and wanting to be with someone who has the same plumbing as you, IT deserves this brutal, barbaric, bloodthirsty, EVIL act? HOW is this still even a DISTANT issue at ALL, let alone something an aspiring REPRESENTATIVE, can say?!

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 2