Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Structure May Have Led to Ancient

Mr Supertypo

Ok my first topik in a whery long time.

It seems that archeologist have unearthed the foundations of a mysterious ancient structure (maybe around 4000y old in southeast Wales) that may have been a ancient bridge leading to a artifical island.

Read more here:

http://www.livescien...ture-wales.html

Seems interesting, huh?

ciao

Edited by ~C.S.M~
  • Like 2

Yes it does seem interesting, thanks for sharing.

Damn CSM, have not seen that smoky face in a long time.

So they think this might have been something like a floating bridge of huge planks? Leading to a floating island. At least 4000 years old? Interesting.

• Like 1

Could we be looking at what was the inspiration for Avalon? Shrouded in mist and water, but lost to the ages (ie it sunk).

• Like 1

Or maybe Laketown from the Hobbit?? :innocent:

• Like 1

Damn CSM, have not seen that smoky face in a long time.

I agree, all pubblic spaces has now smoke ban, and I wouldn be so surprised if there will also be a smoke ban here on UM. so I have to be really fast and quite ;-)

So they think this might have been something like a floating bridge of huge planks? Leading to a floating island. At least 4000 years old? Interesting.

Yes indeed. I think its fascinating that 4000y ago people knew how to make a artifical island. Fascinating.

I think it was a bridge to link to the hatch on a UFO, they,d land on the water and people'd walk across the bridge.

It's seven am here and I have hair lik Georgio Tustathingy. I blame the hair for makimg me rhink these things.

Pretty interesting, even if it turns out to be something more typical.

I recall that something very similar to this was found in s.e. England a few years ago. I'll have a search methinks.

very curious.

ill let the experts decide whats going on...

very curious.

ill let the experts decide whats going on...

where's the fun in that?

where's the fun in that?

haha i used to get so excited over things like this and im worried its just wider than normal housing sleepers as mentioned by one of the people on the site.

i hate being disappointed by discoveries :(

Yes indeed. I think its fascinating that 4000y ago people knew how to make a artifical island. Fascinating.

You might enjoy this...

In 2010, the archaeologists found proof that Neolithic people were using paint to decorate their buildings as well as using stone “slates” as roofing material.

In 2011, radiocarbon dates from two areas of the site showed that the prehistoric complex on the Ness was in use for around 1,000 years — from at least 3200BC to 2300BC.

http://www.orkneyjar.com/archaeology/nessofbrodgar/excavation-background-2/

I'm imagining neolithic man being nagged by his mate to get his DIY gear on. :)

• Like 1