Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

time and space travel by accident

lavenderblue

I saw a post on here about someone who was driving and then was somewhere else, awake and aware, then back in the car driving. This has happened to me, i also was awake and aware, not asleep, not on autopilot, just somewhere else, then back in my car. Three incidents so far, only one while driving. Has anyone else experienced this? One incident happened while I was walking my dog in our neighborhood at night, and another happened while I was in a familiar place. Please get in touch if this has happened to you and let me know what this is!

Edited by lavenderblue

More details would help, here. Why do you think you were in another place? How did surroundings change? What time of day was it when this happened? Was anyone else around? Did your dog react? Do you have a history of sleepwalking?

• Like 1

I would be interested in reading about your experiences on this lavender... Oh and by the way... Welcome to UM...

• Like 4

Have you mentioned this to a doctor to rule out medical problems?

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

I have had three separate experiences with this. I do not sleep walk. I am not crazy, nor do I have medical issues that would explain these incidents. The first incident happened in my home early one morning. I was sitting outside in a lawn chair having my morning cup of tea, and suddenly I was swimming in an ocean, off a rocky coast and up to a deserted beach I could feel the cold temperature of the water, taste the salt, and feel the rocky sand as I came up on the beach. Then I was back in my chair, drinking my tea...it was still hot, so not much "real time" passed. Second incident happened one night about 10 pm, while walking my dog in our neighborhood. I was under a street light, looked down and saw a red piece of plastic, which I walked over, then I had to step over it again. I was so surprised that there were two pieces to walk over that I literally stopped and looked back. There was only one piece of plastic in the road. I remember my dog looking at me wondering why I stopped, and then we walked home, but it made me start to wonder. The third incident occurred while i was driving. it was mid-morning, around 11 am. i was on my way to deliver and set up flowers for a wedding so this was not a route taken frequently. I was not daydreaming, or on autopilot. i remember looking at a house I was passing on the right. The house had a large archway made of stone, but finished off by brick. The next thing I felt was cold damp stone underneath my right hand. I was standing under a stone arch somewhere else, i could feel the wet rock under my hand. It was gray and overcast, the wind was blowing and I remember feeling extreme sadness. Then I was back in my car, driving down the road on a very sunny clear day. If this has happened to you, or you have heard something similar happening to someone else, please let me know. I have no control over this and I don't understand it, but i am not afraid, just want to understand what is causing these incidents to occur. thanks, and be blessed!

Edited by lavenderblue

What sort of tests did your doctor perform to rule out medical issues, lavenderblue?

I don't know you, why would I explain myself to you? If you choose not to accept what I have written then don't reply. . I thought perhaps someone else may have experienced this phenomenon and may have some insight for me. If you don't have an open mind, why would you be in this forum?

Wow, those are some fascinating experiences. I almost wish I could experience something like that too, just to understand what it must of felt like. Very interesting indeed.

I understand you mentioned that you weren't crazy and don't "have medical issues that would explain these incidents". I'm not trying to suggest you are crazy, but have you seen a psychiatrist to rule out multiple personality disorder? While the other "personality" surfaces your "main" personality (i.e., "you") could be experiencing a sort of dream.

• Like 1

Done with this. I was sincerely looking for someone with an open mind to discuss this with, but I haven't found that to be the case here. I am 52, have been a nurse and worked with doctors for 17 years. I have raised three children. I have been responsible for helping care for my 86 year old mother. i have been a flight attendant, so yes, I have undergone personality tests and passed. I went to college as an adult, worked forty hours every week, and took between 12-18 hours of college work, some of them very intense studio classes and graduated recently with a 3.95 gpa. I am an artist, I own my own wedding and event floral design studio and support myself. I do not have multiple personalities. i do not have any psychiatric issues and I am currently healthy. I am not interested in being labeled or ridiculed for these experiences. Like your mother taught you, if you don't have something constructive to say, keep quiet!

Calm, lavenderblue. I'm not interpreting any questions as accusatory. I'm reading them as collecting details and information. Nobody is assuming you're incompetent, crazy, or otherwise messed up--that's why questions are being asked. These scenarios are unusual, and you were the only person present to experience them. You are the only source of information, and refusing to give it doesn't help anybody. I apologize if you are feeling labeled, but nobody has said that you're insane. In fact, by the tone of the questions, everybody is is going out of their way to confirm that you are, in fact, healthy. You requested insight, not confirmation. I'm not sure how many people here have had similar experiences, but it must be a very small number. Please, if you read this, read the questions above as looking for information, rather than attacking your integrity. I think I can speak for all the responders by saying that we are interested; otherwise, we wouldn't respond.

• Like 3

Hey, I wouldn't necessarily call this time traveling as much as I would prediction/foresight/deja vu/nostalgia.

Were you were physically in a different place at a different time able to make significant changes to alter the course of time to fit your intention as well as be provable to yourself? For instance, the next time you "time travel" write down something like the time and place and what you are doing nad leave yourself a message.

Could you give us more details, what were you feeling, could you move, etc?

Edited by MeOnlyMe
  • Like 1

Sounds like a case of Deja Vu.

I am sorry about seeming defensive. The reaction to my experience I have received from others has colored my reaction here. To answer some questions: I am fairly healthy. I have a regular D.O. and we focus on staying healthy to keep from becoming ill. I feel healthy mentally as well. I have had no psychiatric problems, I have never needed treatment for any mental issues so far, and I have only received counseling when I was going through a divorce several years back. I function every day running my business and I work at something that is my passion. I usually take time out early every morning to meditate/pray and drink my morning tea outside. I have experienced deja vu throughout my lifetime, even in early childhood. The deja vu I have felt was the type where you feel like you have been there/ done this before. I have never felt in the time and place physically like with these experiences. I have also had a few dreams of events that came true, mostly being able to see the place where kidnapped victims were, but never able to tell the state or see anything that would allow me to help find them. Then i would see on the news where they were found and I recognized it as the place I dreamed they were. It was so disturbing to me I quit watching news for several years. I don't know what triggers this. The incidents are so different happening at different times of the day and doing totally unrelated activities that I am not sure how to know when it might happen again, or if it ever will. I know with no doubt in my heart and mind and soul that I was physically in these places. It was not a dream, it was not sleepwalking and it was not lucid dreaming. I want to thank everyone for their interest, and please keep your eyes and ears open for anyone else that may have experienced something similar. If there is a type of deja vu similar to this, can someone please put up some information about it here?

• Like 1

What does anyone know about time slips? I have just read a few accounts and it seems to be almost exactly what I experienced! It feels better knowing others have gone through this as well. If you have any knowledge about time slips, please share!

Would you be willing to provide specific examples of your kidnapping premonitions? Even better would be to record one here, in this thread, but if you have no control over that, it would be hard to organize. The next time you see something like this, please post it.

As for the time slips, have you ever seen another person while in one? Your stories imply that you were the only person around to experience it. Have you been able to recognize the setting (dress, architectural, cultural)? The problem with analyzing this sort of thing is that they happen uncontrollably and to a small number of people. The only other points I can offer are other people's anecdotes, Ivan Sanderson's Paris in Haiti being one of the more interesting. These make for good stories, but are very difficult, if not impossible, to verify and analyze beyond firsthand testimony. This is why ruling out psychological origins and gathering as many details as possible are so important. As I said before, you are the only source of information.

Edited by theotherguy

You are a totally cool, forums are a different form of socializing and not a lot of people are used to it. It's really hard to tell peoples intention so I do my best to think of everyone in their underwear.

You got some really interesting stories, I cant say I believe them to be lies but I cant say that I believe them to be fact either. I am sure you experienced it as a matter of fact but when dwelling on things like this it's important to be certain about EVERYTHING. Nothing would lead me to believe these are health issues, never assume someone is ill when talking about the paranormal; followers of christ used to speak in tongues you know, a common trait of insanity.

Anyways, you should experiment with this; write down everything. When you becomes versed well enough to present yourself with undeniable proof and "on command" ability, it will be time to share it with the world. But until then, practice your magic :)

Welcome to the UM

• Like 1

Two of the kidnapping incidents happened in the 1970's when I was in my teens. I was raised in a pretty strict christian home, and was afraid to share with anyone. I was afraid of what was happening, and just didn't watch the news for almost twenty years. I did my best to repress anything that appeared to be mystical/psychic in nature until I was in my 40's. I continued to have deja vu, but didn't talk about it. I only listened to the news on the radio occasionally. The most recent example was of the little girl kidnapped by the stepfather maybe last week sometime? I didn't "see" where she was, but I did see her face in a dream, and I knew she had passed away before it was reported. Again, I only heard the news, but afterward I watched, and the face I saw was definitely hers. This is still subjective information and I can't prove anything. What I joined this board to do was explore why I have always seemed a little "different". by all the deja vu, the dreams, the premonitions, and most recently the incidents that feel like what others have described as "time slips". perhaps I have become more observant since I have grown older. You asked for more information, so here is what I can tell you. The first time the "time slip" incident happened I was alone in frigid ocean water somewhere off a rocky coast, close enough to swim to a beach. I was swimming, I tasted salt water, I was freezing and my limbs were starting to lock up before I made it to shallow water and started up onto this beach. I heard a gull crying and looked up, then was back in my chair and my tea was still hot. My dog Belle was still in the same position in the yard, nearby and watching the birds in the backyard. The second incident just seemed like a glitch in time, where I repeated stepping over a bit of twisted red plastic in the road. Belle was with me. I remember stopping and looking back because I know I steeped over that plastic twice and I wondered why there were two. When I stopped and looked, there was only one piece in the road, but I knew I had stepped over it twice. My dog was 15 and 16 during these occurrences. She passed away February 6, 2015 at 16 and 1/2. The third and most recent incident occurred on May 9, 2015 on my way to a wedding. It was close to 11:30 am. It was a sunny clear day outside, beautiful weather. When I found myself underneath this arch, I was with a man and a woman. The man stood next to me, the woman was next to him, and a little behind me. I was wearing a long dress, I could feel the cold wind coming around my ankles. The day was overcast, very gray, lots of clouds. I was looking out over a rolling landscape with no trees, a little rocky, with vegetation that seemed like it was fall, or close to winter. I was underneath this arch, and was leaning against it with my right hand on the stone. I felt the cold dampness of the rock, I saw the moss growing in the crevices. I feel the arch belonged to a church. There were people behind me inside the building. I could hear voices faintly. I felt such extreme sadness, like grief feels when someone you love dies. I didn't speak to anyone. I think I was crying. Then I was back in my car, driving down the road on my way to a wedding. This is as close as I have come to putting all this down in writing. Objectively I know these facts to be true. First, that Belle and I have walked in this neighborhood for 4 years, mostly early mornings or later at night and very likely over that same spot in the road many times and I never felt anything like time repeating. Second, that I made a practice of sitting outside in that same chair almost every morning weather permitting to relax, drink morning tea, pray and have a positive start to my day and again never felt anything like a "time slip". Thirdly, although I haven't traveled that highway much recently, my daughter used to horse show in the town I was driving to, and so while it has been several years, I did drive that way many times in spring and summer and never felt a "time slip". What I do remember is that after I was back in the car driving, I was still passing the house with the arch, so not much real time elapsed. If any of this helps to understand what happened, I will be grateful. Thank you again to anyone who can help shed light on this subject.

Edited by lavenderblue
  • Like 1

Perhaps you are uber sensitive to high EMF levels and it's the EMF that is allowing you to "slip time". Tell me, have you always lived in the same town, house, hospital, and I suppose you have a brick and mortar store for your business, how long have you had that (if that applies)?

I am very open minded and thought I established that early on in my first response to your post. I didn't mean to imply you have mental issues, it was just a question to rule that out.

Edited by Oops Monkey

thanks for that oops...I have not always lived in the same house.. I have never lived in a hospital, but I did work at one for 5 years as a nurse. I have traveled as a flight attendant, and stayed in several cities and hotels..I have lived in three different states, and lots of different houses, apartments, barn apartments, studios and currently a townhouse. I do some work for my business out of a studio, some from home, and some from venues. I have a high energy level, and when I get really upset beyond my limits, sometimes i mess up electronics. I can't wear a wrist watch, I run the batteries down in a few days every time. I kill the magnetic strip on ID cards, so I can't wear them, i have to carry them in a bag. i don't know if any of this pertains to EMF levels, just some extra information.

I hope that last bit about your 'high emf' doesn't rule out carrying a smart phone with you, as you could then take a movie that will have embedded date and time info in it... Surely that would be easy to do given what you have described in the last example and then.. well, you'll have proof (and be the first person ever to take on that suggestion..).

If you don't like that idea, could you explain why? If this was me, and it happened while driving as you said, I would be terrified that if it happened again I could kill someone... Has that not occurred to you?

As for me, I think I'm pretty sane too, but people with problems are often not self aware..

• Like 1

I do like the idea, but I am not sure how I can implement it! I have no idea when or if this will ever happen again. During all the incidents so far, it happened so fast I wouldn't be able to grab my phone. It was like I existed in both places, as in the first, I never left my chair, and i was still holding a cup of very hot tea. In the third, I was driving, and apparently continued driving right through whatever happened. How would I take my phone? I also don't carry my phone on my person, it goes in a bag as well, because I run the battery way down when I carry it. At this point, I am just happy that this seems to have happened to several people over a hundred year period, and probably well before.

I also don't carry my phone on my person, it goes in a bag as well, because I run the battery way down when I carry it. At this point, I am just happy that this seems to have happened to several people over a hundred year period, and probably well before.

Hi,

You do have a high energy level for some mental powers. These things have been discussed in channeled messages.

It is true for every human that what they think and say will influence how they will create their physical reality. In your case it seems to even more pronounced. Most likely you have learned to be very mindful of your thinking. More than that, I would suggest more in the way of heart centered reflections. The heart has the strongest magnetic field in the body and can be seen as the center for a human's consciousness.

May I ask if your inner wisdom has given you intuitions about this matter?

John

Lavender, what is it that you think is happening?

Do you think you are a time traveler?

I dont mean to be brash, but your answer will help me. Do you best to avoid "Idk."

If I actually experienced a time slip. then yes, I did travel through time into another space, and back. I have been reading and studying, and have broadened my thoughts on what time really is. I will continue to study and share, and if I am blessed to have another time slip, I will be writing about it, for only if I record it in as much detail as i can as well as I can remember it, can i learn from the experience. I believe God sometimes blesses us with an infinitesimal glimpse into his mind so we can gain understanding in our present lives. I hope this helps others who may be questioning themselves because of experiences they have had that may seem unbelievable to themselves or others.

This is fascinating. I doubt carrying a smart phone to take video or pictures would do any good, as you said, because I believe your consciousness is being transported to these places not your physical body. A friend would help in this situation, but as you mentioned before, it's random and your friend would have to be around you 24/7; again not feasible.

If it were me, I would document as best as possible everything going on when it went on. I would carry a notebook and log (e.g., time, date, weather conditions, etc.) each weird experience even the mundane (e.g., battery drain, electronic interference, etc.) as it might have meaning holistically.

• Like 1