Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Florida's own Chupacabra!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    GypsyWolf

GypsyWolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• If you wanna live life on your own terms, ya gotta be willing to crash and burn.

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

Does Florida have laws against harming domestic animals?....I know most States do , if so is S.L. Fussell exempt from this law?.....

Where I am from, and where I still live- if you feel something is harming your livestock or is a danger to your pets, children, self, etc you can shoot it no matter what it is and no one cares. They clearly thought this tiny creature was dangerous, though to what I don't know. Maybe it was harming the field mice? This is clearly a dog-- possibly a XOLO (Google it). The fact their were two of them, and the clear markings on the skin of the dead specimen, suggests that to me anyways. And yes Mr. Redneck it DOES have feet EXACTLY like a dog. Because it IS a dog.

Man I better never take Ryouga (my coy-dog) out on a leash again, it's summertime here in TX and his skin is acting up so he's partly bald. I'mma get shot by some crazy fool redneck. Last year he made the news for being the N. Dallas Chupacabre!

Edited by GypsyWolf, 26 April 2011 - 05:08 PM.

"There's a fine line between paranormal and paranoid, make sure you know the difference." -- ME, 2007

#32    LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

I think the media needs to research their own archives, and look up the initial chupacabra reports, that described a creature not remotely canine.  Mangy dogs, coyotes, etc., are not, and have never been, chupacabras.  They run this stuff for ratings, and ignore the actual data.  The initial reports from Puerto Rico were of a bipedal thing, with dark fur/hair, red eyes, and sharp teeth and claws.  How we went from that to mangy coyotes and the like, is anyone's guess.  Personally, I figure the original was some genetically engineered thing, and this latest stuff is simple disinformation.

#33    Shrieker_Fan

Shrieker_Fan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• I feel I was denied... critical, need-to-know information.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Did the "Chupacabra" in the video display signs of mange? If so, would it still be illegal to kill it, because of it's poor health? I'm not condoning what the Fusells' did, but rather curious if it would be animal abuse.

#34    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

I'm pretty sure thats a mangy raccoon. It was said they were in a tree, I have seen very few dogs climb trees. Besides it looks just like a raccoon with no hair.

Mike

#35    GypsyWolf

GypsyWolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• If you wanna live life on your own terms, ya gotta be willing to crash and burn.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:35 AM

I was just showing this to a friend who asked this question "By 'in the trees' do they mean the animals were hanging out in a group of trees or literally up in a tree?" That looked a little too large for a raccoon, but I would like to point out SOME grey foxes can climb trees rather well. I imagine grey foxes are not that uncommon in Fla.

http://www.blueplane...rg/grey_fox.htm

"There's a fine line between paranormal and paranoid, make sure you know the difference." -- ME, 2007

#36    Goodnite

Goodnite

Outsider looking in.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

• Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Grey foxes do indeed climb trees as I have seen this first hand in PA, and like all canines do host mange.

The King of the Beasts

#37    GypsyWolf

GypsyWolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

View PostGoodnite, on 03 May 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

Grey foxes do indeed climb trees as I have seen this first hand in PA, and like all canines do host mange.

I have to admit I don't think I ever actually SAW a grey fox climb a tree, red foxes were more common around the farm I grew up on. But apparently then can and will. I also hear mange is getting quite severe among foxes these days.

#38    chupacabras_are_real

chupacabras_are_real

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

my ma' told me about this her' chupacabry when she brought me my beer. shoot, you know I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest but i told darell i'd see him a bubbas mud hole ternight so i could write this her essay. S.L. done did more damage than a tornado in a trailer park, you bet your bottom dollar. done got this sucker mounted on his wall, so i reckon y'all nice folks don't need to worry any farther than i can spit. anyone wanna pull my finger? All i'm sayin is that this wouldn't happen if that Obama wasn't president of these united states of murica. that boy's so dumb he couldn't find his ass with both hands, and you know he's one of them islam people? him and that Bin Ladin go way back and his people tore down them twiny towers up in new yerk.  But I reckon y'all should hop in the pick up and make your way down to bull**** boulevard to go meet S.L. and get a look at that there chupacabry in person. yeehaw and god bless.

#39    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

...I'm trying to look at this creature and figure out what is it that makes someone look at this and go "That's not a dog or canine. That's a chupacabra!"

Nothing so far to me.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#40    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• 1,341 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 28 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

...I'm trying to look at this creature and figure out what is it that makes someone look at this and go "That's not a dog or canine. That's a chupacabra!"

Nothing so far to me.

Well, since it's obviously not a space alien.... :P

#41    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,861 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostLadyPhoenix, on 28 April 2011 - 06:43 AM, said:

I think the media needs to research their own archives, and look up the initial chupacabra reports, that described a creature not remotely canine.  Mangy dogs, coyotes, etc., are not, and have never been, chupacabras.  They run this stuff for ratings, and ignore the actual data.  The initial reports from Puerto Rico were of a bipedal thing, with dark fur/hair, red eyes, and sharp teeth and claws.  How we went from that to mangy coyotes and the like, is anyone's guess.  Personally, I figure the original was some genetically engineered thing, and this latest stuff is simple disinformation.

I wondered this too. Though I don't keep up on the subject and do not know the history very well either, I always thought it was initially or earlier (Puerto Rico) described as an unknown,  "monster"  type with glowing red eyes and claws then later, at some point, it has now become a canine?

#42    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

This is the image that comes to mind when someone mentions the name chupacabra....Attached File  CHUPA2.jpg   5.86K   3 downloads

Not a mangy dog without fur.. it is not even close to the original descriptions

Methinks that the public is just grasping at straws and making claims that any creature out of the ordinary is a chupacabra  in order for them to get their 15 minutes of fame

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#43    timelord

timelord

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

its not a chupracabra  if it was a chipacarbra  I  think florida wouild already have cases on the chipacabra.  I don't know whats happening in florida theres been mermaids, zombie attacks, and now this I hope what ever happens in florda stays in florida.

gallifrey may be my planet an home but everywhere is my home. -the doctor

#44    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,765 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

View Postchupacabras_are_real, on 28 December 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

my ma' told me about this her' chupacabry when she brought me my beer. shoot, you know I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest but i told darell i'd see him a bubbas mud hole ternight so i could write this her essay. S.L. done did more damage than a tornado in a trailer park, you bet your bottom dollar. done got this sucker mounted on his wall, so i reckon y'all nice folks don't need to worry any farther than i can spit. anyone wanna pull my finger? All i'm sayin is that this wouldn't happen if that Obama wasn't president of these united states of murica. that boy's so dumb he couldn't find his ass with both hands, and you know he's one of them islam people? him and that Bin Ladin go way back and his people tore down them twiny towers up in new yerk.  But I reckon y'all should hop in the pick up and make your way down to bull**** boulevard to go meet S.L. and get a look at that there chupacabry in person. yeehaw and god bless.
Way to go bumping a useless thread from 2010.

Posted Image

#45    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 28 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Nothing so far to me.

The phenomenon that makes people think sick, hairless dogs are chupacabras is the idiotic belief in the creatures to begin with.  If you think the mythical chupacabra is real then sooner or later you are going to find something that looks like one to you.  Combine this with the fact that people given over to ridiculous fringe-thinking like this are likely to bolster their puny knowledge of the natural world with claptrap they find on the internet (google chupacabra and you will surely find lots of images of mangy canines), and pretty soon you have fox news investigating because they know that crap like this generates advertising revenue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users