Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More Ravings from Clark McClelland

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#46    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,904 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

bee, on 06 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

I seeeeeeee......you agree with Jim O....so THAT'S different......your logic is a bit biased then.... :unsure2:

in other words..not logical at all but purely subjective
Are you willing to consider that Mr. O and any other Skeptic might be telling the turth, and what they say should be considered fairly, or, because they say that Mr. McC, and Mr. H, and Mr. G, are kooks & charlatans, do you dismiss what they say out of hand? i.e. do you only take notice of what people say who say what you want to hear?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#47    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,995 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hazzard, on 06 March 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hard to say,... Richard C Hoagland, now that is a guy that knows what he is doing. I have no doubt that he is full aware of the fact he is selling science fiction fantasy.

Yeah, I agree regarding Hoagland, he knows what's what IMO. I was talking about that McClelland fellow...I tend to think he doesn't really know what's what.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#48    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Lilly, on 06 March 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yeah, I agree regarding Hoagland, he knows what's what IMO. I was talking about that McClelland fellow...I tend to think he doesn't really know what's what.

Thats why I think its a sad story.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#49    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

People tell the kinds of stories the audiences prefer, it's part a desire to please, and part a desire to be praised for the pleasing.

The degree to which they're willing to jazz up the tales from their imaginations is where the hazy line lies.

You can watch the progression of Gordon Cooper's stories 'improving' over the years, in a direct inverse correlation with his growing shunning by the space community, and his warm welcome from the UFO community. His later stories have only slight resemblances to his earlier ones, but seem tailored -- instinctively or deliberately, who can tell? -- to his audiences.

McClelland, and so many others, seem to follow the same pattern of narrative drift, where original second-hand stories see the narrator 'centrifying' his part in the story, taking a more active, and finally a centrqal, role.

Again, this seems to happen with most folks over the years. I've caught myself at it, recalling some childhood stories with my family and somebody else saying, 'That wasn't YOU doing that, it was ME and you were just watching." Sigh.

McClelland's specialization seems to be in reading stories about other people, and then imagining those people had told the stories directly to him. I showed the von Braun story was precisely of that kind because, with great effort, I located the original source of the story in a E. German UFO newsletter misquoted by Tim Good, where McClelland could have read it in Good's book.

The same thing happened with McC's claim of his 'close friend' Jim Irwin [a claim that Irwin's daughter is particularly annoyed about -- that's a developing story]. McC tells of Irwin telling HIM about mjystery objects flying over their lunar lander, ''being propelled or something', and the 'propelled-or' phrase is directly lifted from Don wilson's book, 'Our mysterious Spaceship moon', where he took a quotation from the crew observing particles streaming from the LM garage just after S4B shutdown, during CSM transposition and docking --  and transported the conversation falsely, to the lunar surface four days later. McC evidently read the book's falsification of the comments and then imagined himself being told the exact story directly by Irwin, with the key phrase intact. That allowed it to serve as a tracer for reconstructing the actual bogus information flow.

Note also his claim he is the only other human who ALSO saw via telescope that Mars explosion in 1954, with a Japanese astronomer. And note that something visible from Japan, the opposite side of the Earth from Pennsylvania, would have been BLOCKED from visibility by McC. The Earth is round. His claim is physically impossible, and he doesn't even realize it.

#50    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Clark C. McClelland hoax

http://www.abovetops...hread405710/pg1

#51    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Amerix, on 06 March 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Clark C. McClelland hoax

http://www.abovetops...hread405710/pg1

What exactly are you saying?

Edited by Hazzard, 06 March 2013 - 04:39 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#52    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,603 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Lord Vetinari, on 06 March 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

To make lots of nice money from conning gullible people. Surely that's motivation enough?

i wonder if any of these items could find a new home, some of them seem very steep...  in comparison the 'individual chapters' therein are, errrm, quite cheap tho... but i couldn't imagine that the other stuff, the nasa related memorabilia would have any aesthetic value to the conspiracy minded folks,,. :unsure2:

#53    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,904 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

mcrom901, on 06 March 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

i wonder if any of these items could find a new home, some of them seem very steep...  in comparison the 'individual chapters' therein are, errrm, quite cheap tho... but i couldn't imagine that the other stuff, the nasa related memorabilia would have any aesthetic value to the conspiracy minded folks,,. :unsure2:
Gosh, all of chapters 1-10 for only $14.99! :tsu:
And in chapter 12... "They were flying under intelligent control and seemed to be propelled; yet it did not appear that they had our developed chemically fueled rocket engine propulsion for thrust as we do as they zoomed over our heads above the Lunar Module. We heard no sound of thrust or otherwise due to our protective lunar helmets block- ing any sounds. They were very fast critters.”

In space, no one can hear your UFOs, because they're wearing helmets. :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#54    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

JimOberg, on 06 March 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Note also his claim he is the only other human who ALSO saw via telescope that Mars explosion in 1954, with a Japanese astronomer. And note that something visible from Japan, the opposite side of the Earth from Pennsylvania, would have been BLOCKED from visibility by McC. The Earth is round. His claim is physically impossible, and he doesn't even realize it.

Perhaps he is now a card carrying member of the flat earth society.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#55    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,940 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

bee, on 06 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

I seeeeeeee......you agree with Jim O....so THAT'S different......your logic is a bit biased then.... :unsure2:

in other words..not logical at all but purely subjective

I don't know about that, have you been to both mens websites? Whilst Jim offers in depth interesting information one can follow up, at Clarks site, you can buy an autographed picture of Ronald Reagan for just $500.00.

Do you secretly have a thing for Jim or something? I cannot help noting how you gravitate towards his threads and posting..........

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#56    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,940 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

quillius, on 06 March 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

so do you think he doesnt believe in the ETH Hazz? or just doesnt believe all that he 'claims'?

You did not ask me, but I will tell you anyway :D

Not for a second.

Just a curious question mate, have you had a peruse of his website?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#57    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,048 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

psyche101, on 07 March 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Do you secretly have a thing for Jim or something? I cannot help noting how you gravitate towards his threads and posting..........

I think it's you that has a thing for Jim... backing him up all the time.

It's very sweet of you to give him your unwavering support and I'm sure he appreciates it.... :D

#58    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,048 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

JimOberg, on 06 March 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

wouldn't that depend on the time of day and the position of Mars?

There is a 14 hour time difference...so is it really impossible?

This is a genuine question and if anyone else into astonomy can answer it, that would be good, ta.

http://www.happyzebr...-Pittsburgh.php

#59    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,048 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

I took the trouble to listen to the interview in the OP last night....I was interested to hear the 'ravings'...and it didn't disappoint... :)

He is obviously unwell and his fiance was there to help him with his references.

Kerry conducted a good interview and had to give him time to speak or he got cross....

McClelland says that the root of all his troubles...stems from when he saw the tall being on the payload bay of the Shuttle, on the monitor,

He is very bitter towards some of NASA and sees them as responsible for his financial downfall and blackballing.

But anyway....I had a thought about the alleged tall being....it's description was similar? to the photo of the Cumberland Spaceman.

And similar beings to the Cumberland Spaceman were said to halt the countdown of a Blue Streak missile in Woomera, Australia..

Here's an artistic recreation of McClellands tall, suited being....

http://www.bibliotec...ics_ZZZZZZP.htm

and he says...

To all who have faith in ME, I present you with this artists concept of what I saw many years ago at KSC. It was a tall creature, about 8 to 9 feet tall. It had a humanoid body shape with two arms, two hands, two legs, two feet, a slim torso and a normal size head for its size. The color of its skin I could not determine. It appeared to have two what appeared to be eyes, but it was not detailed enough for any other comments.

How did it communicate? I have no idea. It did move its arms a lot. Almost like giving instructions! I heard no voice communications. The helmet was not as large as our two NASA Astronauts, and had a viewport to look forward. It had a small, perhaps a communication device, attached only to the right side of the helmet!

I saw no oxygen tank(s). It had a wide belt like wrapping around it.. It did not appear to be tethered as the two Astronauts were to the sides of the shuttle structure. I observed nothing that appeared to be a weapon. The time of this amazing scene was one minute and seven seconds, I timed it on my Astronaut chronograph watch.

The Cumberland Spaceman's helmet is smaller than NASA Astronaut's...and has some kind of device coming out of it. If the tall figure was facing forward

it would be on the right side....????  It's like a tube coming from the helmet and onto the chest (or back if the other way round)

Posted Image

and here for anyone who is interested is Jenny Randles investigating the photo and the Woomera link...

So......DID McClelland actually see a suited up being like the one captured on film in Cumberland and in Woomera..??

It's all a bit mind boggling...but..... :unsure2:

ps....it's very annoying when the font goes small....I don't know why it does that....grrrrrrrr

Edited by bee, 07 March 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#60    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,995 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

One big problem with Mr. McClelland's claims (and there are several problems) is that any base on Mars would be observable to a world full of amateur astronomers.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users