Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grant Wilson to leave Ghost Hunters

Saru

TAPS co-founder Grant Wilson has announced that he will be leaving Ghost Hunters in May this year.

Wilson's announcement on Wednesday's episode delivered 2. 2 million viewers - the show's biggest audience in 15 months, according to Entertainment Weekly.

arrow3.gifRead more...

People speculated the show would not last any longer due to the amount of controversy surrounding the show and its investigators. However; IMO no thanks to the controversy it has gotten more people to watch it. Who's to say he is leaving permanently? He could always say; I changed my mind or did what I had to do and come back. Besides, they'll find another excuse to keep the show going by putting together another find the next ghost hunter. BTW... not a fan of the show at all if you could tell! :)

Looks like he made his money now he's going to run,the show was kak anyway....

I have enjoyed this show since the beginning. It is a lot of fun to watch and speculate about the sounds and sightings. I like Grant and wish him the best. I will continue to watch Ghost Hunters and still enjoy the show.

Grant will be sorely missed but best wishes on whatever it is he is moving on to!! Love the show and will continue to watch as long as it's on!!!!!!!

Edited by harleyblueswoman

I love this show, but really sorry Grant is leaving he was my favorite.

I think Steve should replace him, until Grant returns :)

As I understand it from the TAPS 18 forum, Grant is still a member of TAPS,The Atlantic Paranormal Society he founded with Jason.It's just he won't be on the show any more. I wouldn't rule out maybe him showing up for something special like a Halloween episode maybe in the future,it's possible. It may be that this was causing family problems,a nd he decided that it wasn't worth all the wear and tear on his family.

This will probably be Ghost Hunters " Jump the Shark " moment.

All down-hill from here.

( Watch, they'll probably fill the void with celebrity guest investigators )

It's mildly entertaining so I don't make it a point to watch it. I do like seeing the historic buildings.

They once showed some hangers flying towards them from offcamera... which were TOTALLY NOT thrown by the sound dude who is never acknowledged as existing...The show pretty much sucks.

When a dog was brought in to find paranormal activity I realized they were no longer trying to find any evidence they simply wanted to entertain. It was severely disheartening. Grant was the my favorite. But yeah I think 2008 or 2009 was the last time I enjoyed the show. Best wishes to grant. He seems like a real good hearted person. Farewell grant. Jason I never trusted you. Farewell GH.

Either Grant has personal issues to deal with or is just sik of all the crap he got from mainly the online community. I agree he could just see the end coming as far as the show goes and is jumping ship.

As always we have the positive and negative posts about this or any Paranormal show. Such is the nature of man . I like the show because it's pretty much the same no matter what the location. But the show takes me by T.V. to places I will never get to myself. Like Larry the Cable Guys show, or Dirty jobs. I hope the show continues' may be with Jay's Daughter filling in the spot. We will see.

And as for the paranormal? The Sy-Fy channel says it all, " Imagine the Possibility's"!

Fail TV. Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Monster Quest, Finding Bigfoot, Destination Truth and all the rest. They keep looking but not finding. Total waste of time.

Fail TV. Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Monster Quest, Finding Bigfoot, Destination Truth and all the rest. They keep looking but not finding. Total waste of time.

Ya, we should watch REAL Life on T.V. MTV shows and the Survivor series. :lol:

Lol. I don't mind if some of hose shows don't find anything. Heck that's why I liked destination truth. I just lost faith in GH.

Seriously , if you look in to the whole Paranormal subject most sightings are misunderstood natural occurrences or the mind playing tricks on the person seeing it. Then you get the people Making videos just for their 5 minutes of fame on YouTube or ( U.M.) and just like to argue about it.

What I look for is the person or story that starts :" I didn't believe in this UNTILL"! THAT is what makes the show with of course the Debunking.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Oh man! The paranormal world will be at a loss without him. Lets take a minute to watch some video's of his greatest achievements!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnFXoSwOVHg&feature=related

All in Good fun everyone! :tu:

He knows when to jump ship. And after faking evidence *tsk tsk tsk*